Owers yet to sign a contract.....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 12:37 Couldn't have put it better myself tommo.

What people will eventually come to realize when the club are finally relegated this season is that Nico kept the club up in times when the club had been firmly gripped with a cancer and that upon relegation, Owers and Kuhl will have performed worse than Nico despite having more support.

Eveything at the club is dying from the inside out and not Owers, Kuhl, Nicholson or Guardiola can stop it sadly.

Amazingly you get people STILL giving the benefit of the doubt to GI and Owers, Kuhl and putting more money in the hope bank. Owers and Kuhl will do their utmost i'm sure but it won't be anywhere near good enough to save the club. Thanks GI. :-D
Cheers Andy - and your post is spot on. My anger has been simmering for about three weeks and it was Soton Gull's good posts that prompted me to release my frustrations! I almost deleted my post before submitting, but i thought "What the hell" and clicked on 'submit'. I then stood well back, awaiting a torrent of abuse! But it didn't come. Several Forum members, including you, posted reasonably, supporting Dave's posts. Anyone who gives Nicho 'dogs abuse' (as Dave puts it) has a blinkered view of Nicho's managerial time at Plainmoor. They fail to take into account the utter shambles the club is off the field and the lack of support he received.

I will give as an example your previous club - York City. A club like Torquay with a proud history. Like Torquay, good support by National League standards. Like Torquay, a club in a mess off the field (but surely not as bad as Torquay, Andy?). I was really sorry to see them drop into the National North, but i think I know why. There was nobody at York with the steely determination of Kevin Nicholson to keep them in the National League.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Here here !!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Tomo, don't let others put you off posting. There is validity on both sides of the argument and the truth is really about peoples perception of events. We all love the club but I guess we all just show it in different ways. Makes for a more balanced forum in any case.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yorkieandy - To suggest that Owers and Kuhl will have performed worse than Nicholson is absolute rubbish. They have inherited a pile of shit from the previous manager which is clearly going to take time to sort out.

In effect though the whole Nicholson thing has been done to death and has become boring whatever your opinion is.

Perhaps the most damning statement on all this is that in effect we currently stand one place higher in the football pyramid above Truro. That should never ever be the case and is quite frankly ridiculous.

In fact the impossible could happen and we could actually be playing in a lower league than them next year - a farcical situation if ever there was one.

Can you imagine it most probably three divisions below Plymouth and Exeter and possible one lower than Truro. That is nothing short of pathetic.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Bruce agree , you are where you on merit but regardless it's rather pathetic. We are below where we want to be and they are above where they expect to be in all respect.

Pivotal was after deciding to sack nicho it took far too long to find a new manager. That 4 weeks was dreadfully
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Has he signed yet? :rofl:

Tommo, i think you can chuck Chesterfield into the pot of those clubs who have been run so spectacularly poorly as if it were somehow intended and they will go down this season. After that who knows? Sunderland also are slowly falling into this category of clubs who are run appallingly and year on year are just fighting off the inevitable. Fortunately for Sunderland they have a bit of money and it will be league 1 not out of the football league that they drop into however it looks grim for the mackems too.

York fully deserve where they are now and in all honesty Torquay deserve NLS.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree yorkie. History and average attendance have no bearing on where we are now. We are where we are because of terrible appointments and it seems people taking advantage of our club in past.

I'm resigned to either no club or more relegation. If we were a dog we would be put down by now. With the ground and the plans it's not going to get any better
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

He may or may not have signed a contract (although it seems unlikely he would have left a secure job at Bath to then not sign the very deal he left for) but bear in mind that the whole thing is solely based on one line in a BBC story. The Beeb are hardly known for their accurate reporting of our club are they?

Would be nice (although unlikely ;-) )if the club could confirm either way and maybe let us know how long his deal is for?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 19:26 Has he signed yet? :rofl:

Tommo, i think you can chuck Chesterfield into the pot of those clubs who have been run so spectacularly poorly as if it were somehow intended and they will go down this season. After that who knows? Sunderland also are slowly falling into this category of clubs who are run appallingly and year on year are just fighting off the inevitable. Fortunately for Sunderland they have a bit of money and it will be league 1 not out of the football league that they drop into however it looks grim for the mackems too.

York fully deserve where they are now and in all honesty Torquay deserve NLS.
Chesterfield about to appoint club legend and man bereft of any managerial experience whatsoever Jack Lester to try and get them out of a hole.

Dear oh dear. Hargreaves ring any bells? Alarm bells.