Torquay United v Macclesfield Town, Match Day Thread 23/9/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Good post PL21gull, couldnt have put it better myself !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Looking at the highlights of that game we did create some chances. The key decision in the game was the "foul" on Murphy when he was clean through.

The keeper is on his arse completely stranded and does appear to make some contact with the Torquay forward. Yet again we don't get anything. Last week it was the blatant red card that wasn't given. It does seem to be happening every match though.

However we have committed suicide for their winning goal.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 20:16 I wouldnt want to knock your confidence but i think at least 5 positions are lacking IMO.
A win would in a lot of cases be a turning point but in most teams suffering a stretch of bad form or loss of confidence. We have all that and issues behind the scenes that are potentially catastrophic in the long term.
The turn around will be slow but we could recover especially if the players buy in to the prospect of the most monimental great escape in history assuming our current management team are the chosen ones.
You have only to look where we are losing possession left wing is a disaster the ball is lost nearly everytime it's played there. Left back too many fouls distribution is shocking so we lose the ball again.
Central striker Murphy could come good and hopefully Jordon Lee comes back with Dowling alongside Young it becomes a different outlook on the team.
I've been at the bottom of a good league and you need to think positive and look where you can improve all the time. This is what I would be looking towards over the next few weeks. McGinty was looking after Anderson all the game last Saturday and at this standard you need to look after your own game. As many have said on here the left back position has been a problem and McGinty has had a hard time as he's that side.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

That's a very good point about McGinty Arcadia. He needs to concentrate 100% on his own game but we have been so exposed down our left flank all season that his own game has suffered. He's not the most gifted of players but when LRT had an upsurge in his form towards the end of last season McGinty looked more comfortable in the middle. Hopefully Davis will now come into the side and give us a bit more stability.