Jennison Myrie-Williams joins

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Jennison Myrie-Williams joins

Post by Milner33 »

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

good signing!

experience and pacey winger
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Evans looks a cut above our normal garbage. Will he perhaps play in front of the back four?

Don't know where Myrie-Williams has been but he used to be class.

A proper winger and a proper full back - what the **** is going on? This is Torquay you know.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

A loanee (Evans) and now a experienced winger Jennison Myrie-Williams (non-contract terms). Not getting unduly excited about this other than it is adding to a sizeable squad that will have to fight for the places. Hunger in players is always a good thing. If a good experienced striker was to come in then I just might stick my head above the parapet and take a peek.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Why is Jennison Myrie-Williams so unique. Well his surname is so long it is written in two tiers on the back of his shirt – in what I believe to be the only such case in English football, unless anyone can disprove it.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 15 Sep 2017, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 18:46 Why is Jennison Myrie-Williams so unique. Well his surname is so long it is written in two tiers on the back of his shirt – in what I believe to be the only such case in English football, unless anyone can disprove it.
Overtime in the club shop with the iron on tonight, then.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 18:27 Evans looks a cut above our normal garbage. Will he perhaps play in front of the back four?

Don't know where Myrie-Williams has been but he used to be class.

A proper winger and a proper full back - what the **** is going on? This is Torquay you know.
Careful Brucie your getting soft! but I've got a bit better feeling about it now. :)
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Looks a good signing. Was in PFA Team of the Year for League Two four years ago, and still only 29.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Rjc70 wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 18:55 Overtime in the club shop with the iron on tonight, then.
That just reminded me of when all our letters and numbers were peeling off. Was that last season or the season before? Hope they have a better adhesive with this pro direct contract.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 18:46 Why is Jennison Myrie-Williams so unique. Well his surname is so long it is written in two tiers on the back of his shirt – in what I believe to be the only such case in English football, unless anyone can disprove it.
Nathaniel Knight-Percival perhaps?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Orange Gull wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 21:55 Nathaniel Knight-Percival perhaps?
This Nathaniel Knight-Percival?

Nope! His surname is on one line, extending in a large semi-circle around his number, which looks a bit odd and hard to read.

It will be of interest to see if we follow suit for Myrie-Williams or allow him to have a double decker surname on his shirt.

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Hoping he's match fit, looks a good addition!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

What about Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink? Although that was in Scotland.

Myrie-Williams looks a really astute signing and i think Jeff flagged him up as one of the unattached players that might be worth having a look at so hats off Jeff. I've seen a bit of him and although he's only really ever spent longer than a few minutes at one club, Port Vale for whom he did well, he certainly still has ability and could be a great signing.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 11:46 What about Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink? Although that was in Scotland.

Myrie-Williams looks a really astute signing and i think Jeff flagged him up as one of the unattached players that might be worth having a look at so hats off Jeff. I've seen a bit of him and although he's only really ever spent longer than a few minutes at one club, Port Vale for whom he did well, he certainly still has ability and could be a great signing.
Good shout! he did play for Hull City in 2009/10, so he counts. But sorry his name was one liner from one hip bone to the other.

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well, if I had the new shirt, I wouldn't be having his name on the back of it.....

it would cost a fortune! :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468