SAD

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

If he wanted to say this, just got to a paper they would definitely report it - not the Herald though!

Too easy to sign up to a forum and spout drivel, look at Ray - wheres he gone? that arrywithah buffoon and countless others
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

they'd be mad to turn down the real Paul Sturrock. Tbh I never heard of Gary Owers. I hope he does all the best for us, but damn Paul Sturrock would of been a real crowd puller. I'd have renewed my interest in visiting Plainmoor and would be extremely hopeful (to say the leeast) of a quick turn-around and promotion under his management.

I too am sceptical that this post is truly written by Sturrock.
If it truly is him, then perhaps we will see a story in the press soon to confirm
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

For what it's worth, the post was made by the same person who organised the Plymouth Argyle 2003 ten year re-union dinner in 2013, as advertised on Plymouth's official website. They also claimed that person was Paul Sturrock, so unless that dinner was orgainsed by someone else, who by now has a 4 year history of impersonating Paul Sturrock, and no-one who attended that event recognised it was an imposter, then I think it is safe to say the opening post was made by Paul Sturrock.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So we are really buying into Paul Sturrock referring to himself as "lugmeister"? For a respected professional who is old enough to be my Dad, I would have thought "Paul_Sturrock" would be the first username to go for.

Regardless, if this is legit then the fact that he felt the need to come on a fans forum to complain about him not getting the job suggests we are better off without imo
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair point Jeff, prob would of had more affect last week not same time as you new manager.
I like the sentiments though as I'm sure he meant well.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Given that it is Paul Sturrock, I would think you can take this at face value and that he had good intentions - wishing to give fans of a club he has a soft spot for an insight into the runnings of their club.

The interesting part for me was Harrop saying he would be Director of Football to a young coach. Given that Owers and Kuhl have come in, it would suggest that plan A didn't come to fruition. If for example we did actually wait for 4 weeks and 6 games to see if Herrera would get a win, that would tie in with what a few other posters on here have suggested, and may well be of interest to fans.

Regardless of that, I think you can take the opening post at face value, and that is an interesting insight for fans if nothing else.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hi Luggy,

Thanks a million for stopping by.

Really sorry that Mr Geoffrey has thrown you a curve ball and swerved you for the Torquay job.

Geoffs a good bloke really and like the other 99 applicants I am sure he meant to give you the respect that your application deserved. Rather than deliberately ignoring you though I wonder perhaps whether you got the wrong end of the stick.

Could it be that Geoff didn't understand a bloody word you were saying when you spoke to him and misunderstood your intentions - did you consider using an interpreter? Perhaps though he was getting his own back for the last time you were here when you buggered off to those Somerset pigswillers after 5 minutes without so much as a by your leave.

Those heady days at Argyle seem a long way off. Does your old mate Graham Coughlin still play? nows there was a centre half. Reckon he could still do a job for us. Have you seen our centre halves McGinty and Anderson. **** useless pair of tossers they are as well.

Could certainly have done with your input - your teamtalks would have been interesting. The players might not have a clue what your on about but you could always don the old kilt again. At least that would put a smile on their faces. Useless shower of shit.

You are better off out of it to be honest. We have been going downhill for years. Look what it did to your old mate Martin. Poor bugger went completely doolally tap when he was here. It was terrible to see. You know the old nursery rhyme "Old Mother Hubbard" - even now if he hears that it sends him sparko again - completely away with the fairies he is.

We have tried them all Alan, Chris, Kevin, Robbie - none of them could hold a candle to you. They wouldn't know know a footballer if one bit them on the arse.

Have you perhaps tried elsewhere - what about Barrow perhaps?

Anyway signing off for now.

Yours sincerely

Ray Johnstone.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 21:21 Hi Luggy,

Thanks a million for stopping by.

Really sorry that Mr Geoffrey has thrown you a curve ball and swerved you for the Torquay job.

Geoffs a good bloke really and like the other 99 applicants I am sure he meant to give you the respect that your application deserved. Rather than deliberately ignoring you though I wonder perhaps whether you got the wrong end of the stick.

Could it be that Geoff didn't understand a bloody word you were saying when you spoke to him and misunderstood your intentions - did you consider using an interpreter? Perhaps though he was getting his own back for the last time you were here when you buggered off to those Somerset pigswillers after 5 minutes without so much as a by your leave.

Those heady days at Argyle seem a long way off. Does your old mate Graham Coughlin still play? nows there was a centre half. Reckon he could still do a job for us. Have you seen our centre halves McGinty and Anderson. **** useless pair of tossers they are as well.

Could certainly have done with your input - your teamtalks would have been interesting. The players might not have a clue what your on about but you could always don the old kilt again. At least that would put a smile on their faces. Useless shower of shit.

You are better off out of it to be honest. We have been going downhill for years. Look what it did to your old mate Martin. Poor bugger went completely doolally tap when he was here. It was terrible to see. You know the old nursery rhyme "Old Mother Hubbard" - even now if he hears that it sends him sparko again - completely away with the fairies he is.

We have tried them all Alan, Chris, Kevin, Robbie - none of them could hold a candle to you. They wouldn't know know a footballer if one bit them on the arse.

Have you perhaps tried elsewhere - what about Barrow perhaps?

Anyway signing off for now.

Yours sincerely

Ray Johnstone.
Classic brucie.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 22:03 Classic brucie.
:lol: The best post for ages ~ what a classic! :bow:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

18057950_10213289180283952_5782349090659055382_n.jpg
18057950_10213289180283952_5782349090659055382_n.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yeah classic bit of disability discrimination there. Aren't there laws about that?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I actually know quite a bit about disability - I won't go into it but my partner suffers from a serious illness. Believe me the best you can do is find some humour in it otherwise it can drag you down.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Try living with various mental and physical difficulties and THEN see if you can laugh about it. Until you haven't then you don't have any authority to comment.

Tell you what Brucie, why don't you tour the UK with your revolutionary cure for illness? Could make a few quid. Telling blokes on the brink of ending their lives to laugh about it otherwise it will drag them down.

Save the NHS a **** fortune that pal. :-D
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

lucy6lucy wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 22:03 Classic brucie.
:goodpost:

Legend!! I used to think you were a miserable b@stard and a negative one. I am warming to you quite rapidly though Brucie and find myself agreeing with pretty much everything you say!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Hang on a minute! I've been supporting brucie for years - and before anyone else!