SAD

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 13:59 We've had a few players go missing just lately......Liam Davies, Josh Gowling, Ryan Clarke, Jordan Lee, Chaney, Kluelesskowski, Old UncleTom Cobley and all....Luke Young even does it in the second half of away matches without getting injured and don't get me started on Jamie Reid!

Just watch the cripples pick up their mats and walk now the new management are here and the haven't got Nanny Nicholson, and his quack doctor Jeffreys there to indulge them.

On a serious note, I hope Clarke Carlisle is OK
Turning biblical on us Merse “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go..." (Mark 2:11)

Clarke Carlisle being OK is great news and can think of no-one who would not think the same.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I didn't think it would be long before you mentioned Clark Carlisle. To suggest that I would find anything amusing in someone being run over by a motor vehicle is just daft - mind you if he had decided to cross in front of last seasons Torquay bus I guess he would have escaped unscathed.

I've seen him play - excellent player, of course I am glad he has turned up ok.

In a previous life I have dealt with and attended some horrific accidents on the roads. I'll give you a list if you like.

Frenchgull summed it up perfectly.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

What you mean the bit where he said, "no one would ever condone laughing at someones disability"?

Which is exactly what you did Brucie. You laughed AT Ling for having the disability and not WITH him about his disability.

Laughing WITH Ling about his disability is fine if he's ok with that and is the point you made about keeping things light hearted with your family if they are suffering but laughing AT someone because they have a disability isn't fine which is the clear distinction i've been trying to make and trying to point out to people on here as being unacceptable.

For example, say you were at work and in a busy staff room eating your dinner with other staff and you were taking the piss out of a disabled colleague who wasn't present in the room and having a laugh, just as you were taking the piss out of Ling. I am sure that many people would confront you about it as being acceptable or even report you to management for it.

If you were in the staff room WITH the disabled colleague and both of you were having banter about being disabled then that could be considered a light hearted bit of fun on both sides with no malice.

The first example is clearly unacceptable to anyone with any semblance of intelligence and the second example could be deemed as in bad taste but the recipient of the mocking is present, aware and actively taking part in it. So whilst some would still consider that unacceptable, it's not as black and white as the first example i gave which is.

If it's not clear now it never will be.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Also very pleased to hear that Clarke Carlisle is safe and well.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 11:29 What you mean the bit where he said, "no one would ever condone laughing at someones disability"?

Which is exactly what you did Brucie. You laughed AT Ling for having the disability and not WITH him about his disability.

Laughing WITH Ling about his disability is fine if he's ok with that and is the point you made about keeping things light hearted with your family if they are suffering but laughing AT someone because they have a disability isn't fine which is the clear distinction i've been trying to make and trying to point out to people on here as being unacceptable.

For example, say you were at work and in a busy staff room eating your dinner with other staff and you were taking the piss out of a disabled colleague who wasn't present in the room and having a laugh, just as you were taking the piss out of Ling. I am sure that many people would confront you about it as being acceptable or even report you to management for it.

If you were in the staff room WITH the disabled colleague and both of you were having banter about being disabled then that could be considered a light hearted bit of fun on both sides with no malice.

The first example is clearly unacceptable to anyone with any semblance of intelligence and the second example could be deemed as in bad taste but the recipient of the mocking is present, aware and actively taking part in it. So whilst some would still consider that unacceptable, it's not as black and white as the first example i gave which is.

If it's not clear now it never will be.
Chill out Andy, I think you are thinking the thinking too much. If I was to over think I would come up with the hypothetical theory that all Torquay united fans are indeed going into depression. Maybe that's reality though in our current position. Is that an illness, probably not just a factor of being a Torquay fan. Does that make us all insane, probably.
Lucy