Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Gary Owers' departure from Bath City just confirmed on the club's OS.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

"“It has been important for us to find the individuals who we think can adopt our plan for sustainable success and can bring the talent, experience and contacts that are key for a club wanting to climb and top the National League. These guys tick all the boxes for us." Harrop

The club really ought to come out and share exactly what this plan for sustainable success is!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

I see Gary Owers' assistant will be Martin Kuhl - Kuhl and the Gang? I feel another song title coming on.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm actually willing to give these two a chance. Not appointing Herrera as assistant manager is a big positive in my book and actually appointing a number 2 from outside the club is good.

To write them off even before they have got here is over the top. Maybe it isn't Sturrock, Ronnie Moore etc etc but plenty of teams are doing well at our level with less experienced people in charge who are likely to me more energetic than the old guard.

I would am actually pleased we have got a younger management team but after last nights defeat it had to be sorted and I for one am glad that its been resolved.

Both these two have had massive experience playing at a decent level. No choice other than to give these two a chance.
Last edited by brucie on 13 Sep 2017, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

brucie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 09:39 I'm actually willing to give these two a chance. Not appointing Herrera as assistant manager is a big positive in my book and actually appointing a number 2 from outside the club is good.

To write them off even before they have got here is over the top. Maybe it isn't Sturrock, Ronnie Moore etc etc but plenty of teams are doing well at our level with younger people in charge who are likely to me more energetic than the old guard.

I would am actually pleased we have got a younger management team but after last nights defeat it had to be sorted and I for one am glad that its been resolved.

Both these two have had massive experience playing at a decent level. No choice other than to give these two a chance.
:goodpost:

Agreed
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

From the Bath City announcement:

"With the Club moving into Community Ownership and having a stated ambition to challenge for promotion, it signed a new two-year contract with Gary in May. Following a slow start to the season, City have won six out of their last eight matches and currently sit in ninth place, one point off the play-offs positions in the Vanarama National League South.

Bath City FC will be entitled to a compensatory payment from Gary’s new club."

TUFC have had to pay Bath off for the privilege of bringing Gary here...
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown

Post by ministander »

We have waited all this time......................................for this??
:slap:
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

I think that's pretty normal with managerial appointments when the incoming manager is contracted to another club. I am acually relieved we've got a permanent appointment at last - Owers and Kuhl are plainly no fools. As I posted some weeks ago would a 60-odd year old have the energy to take on a prject as big as tufc. Mind you, a 70 year-old has just been appointed at Palace!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

budegull1954 wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 09:49 I think that's pretty normal with managerial appointments when the incoming manager is contracted to another club. I am acually relieved we've got a permanent appointment at last - Owers and Kuhl are plainly no fools. As I posted some weeks ago would a 60-odd year old have the energy to take on a prject as big as tufc. Mind you, a 70 year-old has just been appointed at Palace!
Agreed on all fronts.

Re payoff...I'm sure we will have received approaches from unattached managers e.g. Paul Sturrock, who would not have required such a payment...money perhaps is not as tight as we are led to believe?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 09:39 I'm actually willing to give these two a chance. Not appointing Herrera as assistant manager is a big positive in my book and actually appointing a number 2 from outside the club is good.

To write them off even before they have got here is over the top. Maybe it isn't Sturrock, Ronnie Moore etc etc but plenty of teams are doing well at our level with less experienced people in charge who are likely to me more energetic than the old guard.

of course I will give him a chance.
but the "small issue" I have is that its taken four weeks and a field full of bullsh1t from mr blobby.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brucie wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 09:39 I'm actually willing to give these two a chance. Not appointing Herrera as assistant manager is a big positive in my book and actually appointing a number 2 from outside the club is good. To write them off even before they have got here is over the top.
Good words and shame on the growing levels of mindless abuse on here over the appointment of two ideally 'CV'd' candidates in total conrast to the equally mindless and sycophantic appointments we saw from Thea Bristow in Hargreaves and Dave Phillips with Nicholson.......

Gary Owers and Martin Khul have forgotten more about football management and coaching that those chancers Hargreaves and Nicholson will ever learn and are simply out of another universe to the idiots who appointed them.

Thanks to those senseless and indefensible appointments THEY now have a mountain to climb and a miracle to perform with a bunch of losing, sicknote failures; who showed little collective aptitude for the job last night and were shamed by the efforts and performances of two eighteen year olds amongst them.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Havn't they just got a massive job on their hands though. Having read up a bit more on them (I was familiar with them as players of course) I am actually satisfied with the appointment.

That they have connections with Bristol City for starters could really work in our favour perhaps. Far from being a "random" appointment it does look as though some thought may have actually gone into the recruitment process after all.

Given the choice of Sturrock, Moore or Cox I think I would have taken Owers/Khul to be honest.

Good luck to them both - they are hamstrung by the shameful legacy of our ex boss. Signing a boat load of not even half fit players was and is an unforgivable waste of resources.
Berksdj
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Berksdj »

Hi to all. Reading FC fan here, but used to live in the west country and still take lots of interest in Exeter and Torquay. Pains me to see the way your club is being run and treated.
If I can offer a degree of comfort it's the appointment of Martin Kuhl. He was our u21/u23 manager for a number of years, and did a fantastic job. A top coach, who philosophy was technical football, with character too. Our academy has premier League status and he saw through the coaching through these times. I know it doesn't translate to success at first team level, or national league level, but he could provide good contacts, especially Reading, where the young players are well thought of nationwide. A couple have been on loan at Bath City recently and been successful.
Also, he is not a man to be f###ed with. Strong character, strong reputation, so hopefully won't take any nonsense from those above him.
Hope it works out for you, and the club gets back to where they should be, properly ran, owned and looked after.
Cheers
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is right - give the blokes a chance for goodness sake!

p.s. good to read Mr. Berksdj's post: what we need behind the scenes is a hard man, a disciplinarian - so the information on Mr. Kuhl is good to hear.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Berksdj wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 10:36 Hi to all. Reading FC fan here, but used to live in the west country and still take lots of interest in Exeter and Torquay. Pains me to see the way your club is being run and treated.
If I can offer a degree of comfort it's the appointment of Martin Kuhl. He was our u21/u23 manager for a number of years, and did a fantastic job. A top coach, who philosophy was technical football, with character too. Our academy has premier League status and he saw through the coaching through these times. I know it doesn't translate to success at first team level, or national league level, but he could provide good contacts, especially Reading, where the young players are well thought of nationwide. A couple have been on loan at Bath City recently and been successful.
Also, he is not a man to be f###ed with. Strong character, strong reputation, so hopefully won't take any nonsense from those above him.
Hope it works out for you, and the club gets back to where they should be, properly ran, owned and looked after.
Cheers
This reassures more quite a lot. Wants to do things the right way and isn't a yes man.Just hope they're given reasonable resources to do things in the right way. Not massive money by any means, but enough to stabilize and then move forward.