Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

:Oops: Whoops. Sorry Gary, or should I just say Gaffer.

Well, who the bloody hells Graham then? :|

Perhaps things are that bad we should have got Graham from the Jeremy Kyle show, maybe he is the only man who can help us.
61914518.jpg
61914518.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
:~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

sgf wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 21:05

What a needlessly pessimistic, stupid and pointless post...

Who did you expect to be our next manager?? We miles adrift at the bottom with a reputation for being a basket case of club. Give the guy a bloody chance. Clown.
Pessimism ? Afraid I passed that stage after the Solihull game, my post was satire although not sure you would see it, even if I slapped you with a wet fish.

Who did I expect to be our next manager! You mean out of the publicly announced 'hundreds to choose from'. Please lets not go there!

I decried the previous incumbents of Knill, Hargreaves and Nicholson, prior to appointment as I did not feel the quality was right, so why would I now change a habit of a lifetime. You want to give the new guy a chance - fine. Let us see how the next three results pan out (we don't have much more time) and see if he and Harrop command the respect of everybody at the football club or whether we see a few who would happily fake their own death if it meant not working with them. The (so called) injury list is already long enough.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wonder if gary owers will say in his first public address that he feel he has " won the lottery " with this squad.

Just having a bit of fun ,but if he does say it I will donate £25 for any charity online
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

My initial feelings regarding this appointment were underwhelming, but I am warming to it, especially after reading the aghast comments from supporters of Bath City.

And, at least on the surface, these appointments have come after a thorough recruitment process (although it wouldn't surprise me to find a link emerge somewhere), rather than the cosy #legend route that ALWAYS fails.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 00:33 Pessimism ? Afraid I passed that stage after the Solihull game, my post was satire although not sure you would see it, even if I slapped you with a wet fish.

Who did I expect to be our next manager! You mean out of the publicly announced 'hundreds to choose from'. Please lets not go there!

I decried the previous incumbents of Knill, Hargreaves and Nicholson, prior to appointment as I did not feel the quality was right, so why would I now change a habit of a lifetime. You want to give the new guy a chance - fine. Let us see how the next three results pan out (we don't have much more time) and see if he and Harrop command the respect of everybody at the football club or whether we see a few who would happily fake their own death if it meant not working with them. The (so called) injury list is already long enough.
I do know what satire is and I appreciate you were exaggerating the point.

I just think we finally have someone that has played the game at a decent level, has years of coaching experience and clearly has contacts in the south. Despite all the names being thrown about, if we are realistic and take in to account our current position, we couldnt have done much better than what we have. I think most people will see that in the cold light of day. The fact it took so long is another issue.

We have had years of depression and negativity and, perhaps foolishly, may be we should all treat this as a new start. The club is starting to have a feel of a better structure. Just need to sort the playing side out.

I apologise for my clown comment <3

P.S Unless I am mistaken Tisdake went to Exeter from Bath UNIVERSITY when they were right up the creek. He's done alright.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

He did indeed !!
Just to illustrate how fickle football supporters are I know plenty of Exeter Supporters who want rid of Tisdale !! Jeez what more do they want ? They develop players and sell them for large fees. They nearly always have good cup runs and are now top of league two ! I know a whole family who will not go to Sid James Park while he is still there and have crossed to the dark side and go to watch that egg chasing stuff !

Feckin ell they should come to Plainmoor ! Sid James Park is Premiership in comparison to us !!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

sgf wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 08:25 I do know what satire is and I appreciate you were exaggerating the point.

I just think we finally have someone that has played the game at a decent level, has years of coaching experience and clearly has contacts in the south. Despite all the names being thrown about, if we are realistic and take in to account our current position, we couldnt have done much better than what we have. I think most people will see that in the cold light of day. The fact it took so long is another issue.

We have had years of depression and negativity and, perhaps foolishly, may be we should all treat this as a new start. The club is starting to have a feel of a better structure. Just need to sort the playing side out.

I apologise for my clown comment <3

P.S Unless I am mistaken Tisdake went to Exeter from Bath UNIVERSITY when they were right up the creek. He's done alright.
Thank you for being apologetic, much appreciated. And as you know, I would not have slapped you with a wet fish. Your correct in that the new management team might turn out to be hidden gems we have so longed for, but at present no-one can predict that outcome. although I truly hope they are. My gripe, for want of a better word, is really with the ownership of the club, our current predicament and the way they have managed it. For me a new management team does not mean a 'new start'. Really, have we not had enough 'new starts over the past seasons. To this end, I am unable to instantly become another happy clappy supporter, full of the joy's of spring, upon the arrival of a National Southern League manager of a mediocre team. I am willing stand up and be counted if I am wrong about a 'hidden agenda' if I see the new management team given the financial resources to bring in players of quality on 2 year contracts to build a squad fit for purpose. A squad which takes the team rapidly up this god forsaken league and able to challenge this season or next for a football league place. And by which time we will hopefully see sight of the mysterious 'five year' plan, given that a year of it has almost gone, with such dire consequences.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

They've bought in a new winger, on the face of it a pretty decent one too.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brooker wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:15 They've bought in a new winger, on the face of it a pretty decent one too.
Care to share a name?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 06:14 I'm sure someone had some inside information and said that the manager would be worth the wait...

Someone has to have got it wrong!
That must have been Horler. he didn't just get it wrong. he was so wide of the mark he missed row Z
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

brooker wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 14:15 They've bought in a new winger, on the face of it a pretty decent one too.
was he in the RAF?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If nothing else, if owers addresses the problem with the fitness training regime that should produce an immediate improvement with on field performance.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Haven't read any comments from Owers yet? Has there been a press conference or have I missed it ?
All I read in the Herald is how Nicholson is favourite for the Bath job! I dont want to read about that !
Perhaps Owers is more action than talk, hopefully anyway
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

There are photos of a press conference on Twitter
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

one thing for sure is that he has to be given a chance to sort things out, some fans maybe underwhelmed but we wont know how good he is until he is given a few games to sort this bloody mess out.
we could have had a bigger name come in and who says they would have made a difference , so lets get behind him and hope that he comes up trumps