Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Imagine ! I thought GO and MH were shit back in October after a tepid point at home. I can’t even remember who it was against. I’ve suffered months of bollocks press statements after the games , shit performances wrapped up as “we are not shit anymore “ and even the odd game where we have been pretty good at times but still getting beaten.
Since then I have come to the conclusion that I agree entirely with other posters , that the running of the club has been a joke and there might be something in the conspiracy theory of Osborne running us into the ground.
So last night after reading that bollocks statement from the club I joined the Tust and would urge everyone to do it.
It’s the only viable way to get heard.
One last thing . Owers please have some dignity and go now.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Every club in the land would sack Owers at this time. His record is appalling and it is obvious he has lost the dressing room. It has NOTHING to do with anything or anyone before. People dwelling on that are simply conning themselves . It is about the NOW and he simply is not up to it.
StatesGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Young

Post by StatesGull »

We have won what 3 games under Owers? That fact this man still gets to walk round out football club is a disgrace. CO clearly wants us to go down.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HannahCollett wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:27 :scarf: :@ We want Owers out! He hasn’t helped at all, just aload of shambles. Young, Dowling, Fletcher, Romain and Efete were really the only ones trying!! Romain was on his own throughout the first half and and some of the second. Then fletcher came on and he tried his absolute hardest but again no one helped him he was on his own..... I feel sorry for that young lad (fletcher) the Plymouth manager will be ringing us asking for him back so it doesn’t ruin his confidence. I don’t blame him to be honest, the poor lad is probably thinking ‘why am I here’. We really need to get someone in with a heap load of money and get some new players in. [highlight=yellow]We will be down by Easter[/highlight], or even a few weeks by the looks of things. I really don’t like to see Torquay go down, I have supported them through the years, through the good and the bad. I won’t give that up now but we really need to get up that table and get back into the league!!!!

Come On You Yellows!💛 :scarf: [font=Arial Black][/font]
Easter? has been moved to 1st week in February??? :whistle:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

[highlight=yellow][/highlight]
HannahCollett wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:27 :scarf: :@ We want Owers out! He hasn’t helped at all, just aload of shambles. Young, Dowling, Fletcher, Romain and Efete were really the only ones trying!! Romain was on his own throughout the first half and and some of the second. Then fletcher came on and he tried his absolute hardest but again no one helped him he was on his own..... I feel sorry for that young lad (fletcher) the Plymouth manager will be ringing us asking for him back so it doesn’t ruin his confidence. I don’t blame him to be honest, the poor lad is probably thinking ‘why am I here’. We really need to get someone in with a heap load of money and get some new players in. We will be down by Easter, or even a few weeks by the looks of things. I really don’t like to see Torquay go down, I have supported them through the years, through the good and the bad. I won’t give that up now but [highlight=yellow]we really need to get up that table and get back into the league[/highlight]!!!!

Come On You Yellows!💛 :scarf: [font=Arial Black][/font]
I admire your blind enthusiasm. I hope you're not old....
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Even a Kieffer Moore under Owers would be shit.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Give Gowling the job til the end of the season. More hope than Owers
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:40 Even a Kieffer Moore under Owers would be shit.
:lol:

Even a Lionel Messi under Owers.................. :S
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Surely you can't be 11 years old Hannah unless i'm being a bit dim and you are being sarcastic? :-/
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Give her the job if she is
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

You could do a better job that owers
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think i'd better pack it in with the bad language and stuff then. :-o Didn't realize that minors were permitted on the site although i'm sure comments put on t'internet on any public site can be viewed by anybody if they have the access and the interest to find them.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Typclal press conference from Owers.

He said ‘Romain was excellent for his first match’. Well if that was the case why did you take him off.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

He's an attacker. He didn't score nor set one up for anybody else. Excellent but unproductive.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

In any business if the MD is consistently failing the Board has to take the decision to remove and replace. CO cant go against that if he wants the business to survive. I recognise it cant be good to be looking at a 4th manager in a season, but it also can't be avoided.
I note our gates are now around 300 per game lower than last year (about 16-17% drop) - more money CO has to find to pay the wages.