Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

tomogull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 01:03 Okay - maybe fair comment, Scott. But in the same vein, why not suggest to the Font of All Knowledge that he ceases his, frankly boring, constant 'digs' at Kevin Nicholson, and some of the current squad, and just move on?
And his constant derision of other posters .
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 01:52 So were all agreed then - bring back Nicho :whistle:
I could just see the steam coming out of peoples ears if that happened.
Joking aside , as I’ve always said they should never have got rid of him . We would actually have a team that plays for their manager.
I wonder if he would come back if he was ever asked. I suspect a regime change would be required .
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 01:03Okay - maybe fair comment, Scott. But in the same vein, why not suggest to the Font of All Knowledge that he ceases his, frankly boring, constant 'digs' at Kevin Nicholson, and some of the current squad, and just move on?
How can you 'move on' when the club is committed to so much financial damage that he has caused? Damge that will be a millstone around the club's neck for another 15 months to come; I'll explain.....

Let's say the average wage of a senior pro at Plainmoor is c£700 pw. That's a commitment of £70,000 in each case to injury prone and players of no sell-on value whatsoever over two seasons.

Clarke, Gowling, Klukowski, Pittman, Davis, Lathrope. That equates to £420,000!

Now tell me there is no legacy!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 11:05 How can you 'move on' when the club is committed to so much financial damage that he has caused? Damge that will be a millstone around the club's neck for another 15 months to come; I'll explain.....

Let's say the average wage of a senior pro at Plainmoor is c£700 pw. That's a commitment of £70,000 in each case to injury prone and players of no sell-on value whatsoever over two seasons.

if the figures are anyway near correct then its a fair point!
TUST MEMBER
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Steve Breed eloquently illustrates his position of CEO at the time Nicholson was appointed and the FACT that the board members went against his advice and suggested short list.

I think it's about time that my views on the appointment that are constantly discredited with personal abuse are viewed in that context ~ they are in the main personal abuse aimed at me. Are those same abusers now going to turn on Steve? I don' think so and I hope not because the wrong appointment was gifted to a board favourite ignoring their number one duty as custodians of the club; which is that their decisions should put the welfare and business practices of the club at the forefront of all personal wishes.

Individuals letting hearts rule their heads have brought this club to it's knees since the departures of Alex Rowe and the Boyce Bros and later James Perry; and subsequent events have shown those individuals to be wholly culpable.......we might as well have had a collection of flower pots sat around that boardroom table for all the benefit their decision making has been!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Shame cox never stayed for the reasons that still not clear. Assuming the wait for a contract was too much and moved on.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 13:11 Steve Breed eloquently illustrates his position of CEO at the time Nicholson was appointed and the FACT that the board members went against his advice and suggested short list.

I think it's about time that my views on the appointment that are constantly discredited with personal abuse are viewed in that context ~ they are in the main personal abuse aimed at me. Are those same abusers now going to turn on Steve? I don' think so and I hope not because the wrong appointment was gifted to a board favourite ignoring their number one duty as custodians of the club; which is that their decisions should put the welfare and business practices of the club at the forefront of all personal wishes.

Individuals letting hearts rule their heads have brought this club to it's knees since the departures of Alex Rowe and the Boyce Bros and later James Perry; and subsequent events have shown those individuals to be wholly culpable.......we might as well have had a collection of flower pots sat around that boardroom table for all the benefit their decision making has been!

Dont think it what your telling us Merse, its the patronising way your saying it that gets the reaction.

Its clear your knowledgeable and articulate but you seem to love to belittle people who dare to question you or give an opinion (the whole point of a forum) thats not in line with yours.... you blocked me from your site for not agreeing with you and after your attempts to belittle me for me suggesting talking either on the phone or face to face about such issues (at no time were any threats of violence made).

To make you points clearer (as after all they are the most important) you also like to highlight them, make them a different colour or make them bold). Your views are not discredited by the masses, as they mostly make a huge amount of sense but you need to digest the arrogance and self importance to actually read them.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Oh and to answer your question I have found Steve's responses really enlightening, and whether I agree with everything he says or not they are not all all confrontation or venomous so cant see why anyone would want to abuse him for sharing?

Perhaps you need a little more self awareness in order to get the desired respect you obviously crave? Your never too old to learn Merse.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 11:05 How can you 'move on' when the club is committed to so much financial damage that he has caused? Damge that will be a millstone around the club's neck for another 15 months to come; I'll explain.....

This is simply negative conjecture. For example, Davis and Clarke picked up injuries at the start of the season but have remained fit since recovery, and Lathrope has been in the squad for most games. Liam Davis could well be one of the players 'creating interest' from other clubs. He certainly doesn't deserve to be playing for a side at the bottom of the National league.

As for Steve Breed's recommendations when Nicholson was appointed, the Board at that time were in their rights to go against Steve's reconmmendations of course, and no doubt finances figured heavily in their decisions. In hindsight, it could well have been best all round if Nicho had been appointed no. 2 'to learn the trade' as Steve says, but I suspect whoever was appointed at that time would have struggled. As for 'personal abuse' - sorry, but you bring it on yourself for the abuse you hand out to Forum members ..... far more insulting than any you receive.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Cox achieved ten points from ten games despite Luke Young being injured during that time, which wasn't bad going.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Do us a favour Owers and p*ss off.

Basically get someone to nip down to Paignton Zoo with a squad sheet, get a lemur to randomly pick 11 players and then send them out onto the pitch for the next game alongside a baboon in the dugout frantically wafting his arms about to instruct them.

Probably do better than useless Owers.

Well done Owers. Nice one Owers! Nice one son! Nice one Owers! I wish you'd never come!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Absolutely hopeless!!!!!!!!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

OWERS IS FU*KING USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND HIS LAP DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and before Merse says i wouldnt say that to their faces. i just **** did, and they both stood there and frankly shat themselves. useless
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

goody2449 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 17:03 OWERS IS FU*KING USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND HIS LAP DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and before Merse says i wouldnt say that to their faces. i just **** did, and they both stood there and frankly shat themselves. useless
:bow:

I think the time has well past for old fashioned British pleasantness. These two need to be made aware that they have taken the club into oblivion and even though no doubt CO would want them to continue the demolition job of TUFC in the NLS, we won't bloody well be having it!!

They both had an excellent opportunity to get the club to finish above 4 other absolute dross sides and they can't even finish above one of them!!

They need to apologize and then leave.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I'm in agreement with the sentiment now that these two are drawing a wage and have no idea how to manage a so called professional football club.

But CO doesn't care what league we are in, that is obvious, good at the very occasional PR message to try and keep most fans on side, but let's face it, they just want the land. Owers is in his pocket and in CO's eyes is probably doing a good job. This club is dead, has been forxa couple of years. If we want a football club we will have to start our own, if there isn't enough support for that then personally I don't think there will be a club at all
TUST MEMBER