Will you be boycotting on Saturday?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you be boycotting on Saturday?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 53

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Mattpuma wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 09:10
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

its a waste of time boycotting, support the team.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

:goodpost:
Mattpuma wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 09:10
TUST number 080
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

No way would i boycott the team . As if that would change any stance taken by any self respecting business ,legitqmate or otherwise.
The players need the support and the supporters need a team of players . Otherwise whats the point !
Turn up in numbers and show solidarity . That is the best message we can send .
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Lloyder5 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 17:52 :goodpost:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Kit_robin wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 07:39 What's utter tosh. It would be fine apart from virtually nothing he has done fits your narrative. Like employing more staff than the last regimes, or spending money he didn't have to on sacking a manager. If he wanted to kill the club he would have left nicho in charge and squeezed the budget- a shit team is the most effective way to lose supporters.

I am not saying he isn't a snake in the grass, who's long term aim may be to screw us over in a property deal, but the best way of doing that is to make us a better run club in the short term - it convinces the council we warrant a stadium elsewhere, and if the stadium is a no go they can unload their investment, sell the club and get some money back.

For them it's business, and no business man would deliberately chuck money down the toilet.
:goodpost: timmax. I think you stated a very much direct presumption. Yes Kit Robin they have employed more staff, a recruitment manager ,a General manager neither of which have helped the club. So who is to blame. Nicholson is history now. The blame is now purely on the monkey hanger harrop, how he can live in Torquay knowing he is destroying a football club where he lives and is happy to see it happen is what is scandalous.
Lucy
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 21:17 As if that would change any stance taken by any self respecting business ,legitqmate or otherwise.
If customers were to stop buying a business's product then that business would seek to change/improve the product. If people keep slavishly buying the product, the business will not change/improve anything.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

No I b...... well won't be, if you want to hasten it's demise fair enough but I certainly don't, through thick or thin that's me.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

What's the betting that if we were to win our next three games (unlikely as that may be) most of the "boycotters" would be back, thus proving that they aren't protesting about GI but are just pissed off with the results?

GI aren't any more malevolent now than they were when they arrived. If you truly objected to them that was the time to boycott, any drop in attendance now will just be seen by the outside world as fans deserting a losing team.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

So, after a week of huffing and puffing, and enough hot air to hold a balloon festival is there actually going to be any sort of organised protest tomorrow? No. Thought not.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

In reply to Kit Robin of course I agree that he has to be seen to haveTUFC 's best interests at stake to have more of a case so the mayor/council will be more inclined to give him the freehold he so desires. It is the game of charades he is playing. I should have used the words long term in my comment about Osbourne wanting fans to dissapear.We need to keep a keen eye on the Swindon Speedway debacle that has been going on for a decade, im sure they will move the operation elsewhere whilst the already expanding housing estate gobbles up the stadium. I wouldnt be surprised in the long term that TUFC are playing their home games down inTruro whilst this mysterious new stadium is built. Of course it wont be and he will drag this out for years. Its just a theory, I hope you are right about him building the club up to sell if he doesnt get the freehold. We agree he is in it to make money one way or another.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 22:50 If customers were to stop buying a business's product then that business would seek to change/improve the product. If people keep slavishly buying the product, the business will not change/improve anything.
I would agree with you if this was purely a commercial venture . However this is not a product that can be discarded or an alternative available elsewhere. This is our heritage ,our identity ,our blood .
I take it you will support boycotting which is of course your right .
However please dont whinge when you have to look forward to on a saturday afternoon is Stoke fleming and strete v broadhempston as the creme of local football when out club has gone out of business.
Its nonsense to suggest that by staying away the situation will improve .
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 23:41 I would agree with you if this was purely a commercial venture . However this is not a product that can be discarded or an alternative available elsewhere. This is our heritage ,our identity ,our blood .
I take it you will support boycotting which is of course your right .
However please dont whinge when you have to look forward to on a saturday afternoon is Stoke fleming and strete v broadhempston as the creme of local football when out club has gone out of business.
Its nonsense to suggest that by staying away the situation will improve .
:lol:

What a load of absolute boll*cks. :rofl:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Christ, there are some happy clappers on here. If you have any trust in Harrop or GI you are simply deluded, stand up for your clubs long term prosperity rather than hoping Clarke Osborne pulls a new manager, new stadium and promotion out of his arse. Pushovers like Torquay fans always have been, whatever they can do they will get away with, because we're TUFC fans.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 00:31 :lol:

What a load of absolute boll*cks. :rofl:
Couldnt agree more !
Watching your club go to sh't is as you say a load of absolute boll*cks .