Will you be boycotting on Saturday?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 53

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Simple question!

Also, will people be protesting? Banners, Roberts-era red cards..?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I'd be up for banners etc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I won't be there. On the early pages of the Manager Options thread, I posted that i was prepared to give GI a chance to appoint an experienced manager. This was about two weeks ago when we were being told that the likes of Richard Money, Ronnie Moore, Paul Cox, Micky Adams were in the frame. Robbie Herrara is a nice guy but he is not the one for this job. In fact, I'm VERY surprised he has even put his name forward when he must know better than we do what a complete poisonous shambles the club is off the field.

I will wait to see who is eventually appointed, but if it is not an experienced manager with a proven track record, then as they say on Dragon's Den - "I'M OUT". Dave Webb, Chris Roberts ...... the situation we are in now is just as rotten. I have supported this club through thick and thin for nigh on 60 years but enough is enough. I'm not saying "Never Again" because nobody know what the future holds. But at present, the club is rotten to the core. I don't trust Geoff Harrop. I think he's come out of the same basket of snakes as Clarke Osborne and Chris Rich. I feel genuinely sorry for the players having to play under these conditions. Fair play to those of you who will be there on Saturday and I hope Robbie leads the team to victory. But he is not the one to take this team forward long-term.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I agree a bunch of amateurs we need a group of football people to run the football side as I have said before, sanctioned by Clarke Osborne other than that you cannot trust what comes out of the mouths of the officials at the club.

Unless they pull the rabbit out of the hat but I expect it will be a bull.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

people voting no - such as brucie, wivel etc dont go anyway!
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

Clarke Osbourne wants you to walk away, lose interest as it makes his case for getting the green light for the freehold. He is a very clever man, a fecking devious greedy liar yes, but he is not the incompetent cowboy some are saying. He has been piss taking for over 30 years and has become rather good at it.
Turn up in numbers and keep turning up.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

not the time for hissy fits, wait and see who is appointed.
TUST number 080
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

timmax wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 00:37 Clarke Osbourne wants you to walk away, lose interest as it makes his case for getting the green light for the freehold. He is a very clever man, a fecking devious greedy liar yes, but he is not the incompetent cowboy some are saying. He has been piss taking for over 30 years and has become rather good at it.
Turn up in numbers and keep turning up.
What's utter tosh. It would be fine apart from virtually nothing he has done fits your narrative. Like employing more staff than the last regimes, or spending money he didn't have to on sacking a manager. If he wanted to kill the club he would have left nicho in charge and squeezed the budget- a shit team is the most effective way to lose supporters.

I am not saying he isn't a snake in the grass, who's long term aim may be to screw us over in a property deal, but the best way of doing that is to make us a better run club in the short term - it convinces the council we warrant a stadium elsewhere, and if the stadium is a no go they can unload their investment, sell the club and get some money back.

For them it's business, and no business man would deliberately chuck money down the toilet.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Lloyder5 wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 06:36 not the time for hissy fits, wait and see who is appointed.
COmpletly agree. Most of the people in favour of a boycott sound like petulant teenagers. Wait for the facts to emerge and then make your stance - Herrera/Todd/Nora batty then by all means stop going to Plainmoor, I would completely understand. But boycotting and then the club announce Ronnie Moore/money/westley/mourinho - you'll look foolish then.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Wait 4 weeks then Graham Westley rocks up and suddenly WE are the foolish ones, yes?

You can't make this stuff up.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Boycotting the club would hasten its demise and make the scenario painted by the conspiracy theorists MORE not less likely! I shall continue to go and support until either the club folds or it loses national league football.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I will not be boycotting the team I love. I am very pissed off with what is going on, but I will be there tomorrow. If a clown is appointed to the permanent manager's post I will review my position, but even then it will be hard to stay away.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Tust member 191
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Simple question simple answer NO.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 08:26 I will not be boycotting the team I love. I am very pissed off with what is going on, but I will be there tomorrow. If a clown is appointed to the permanent manager's post I will review my position, but even then it will be hard to stay away.
Watching two clowns chucking custard pies at each other could be a half-time show stopper :clap: