Will you be boycotting on Saturday?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you be boycotting on Saturday?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 53

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

gateman49 wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 12:07 YorkieAndy, I think that you ought to look up the meaning of memorandum and articles of association of any company.

There is a relationship with the shareholders but nothing formal in this case, as far as I know, with the customers. He doesn't HAVE to respond at all.
Yes apologies gateman. I didn't make myself clear. Obviously he has no obligation to engage with his customers (fans of the club) from a legal perspective but if we're looking at this from the perspective of a successful businessman who knows how business works one would have thought that constant engagement with customers (fans) rather than weeks on end of nothing would be the more appropriate and most intelligent way to conduct yourself if you are wanting to gain respect and reputation.

GI came to to the club with not much respect and a questionable reputation and instead of striving to improve this and prove everyone wrong, they have actually made things a lot worse for themselves, pissed off a lot more of their customers (fans) and their stock amongst the fanbase is at rock bottom.

Now personally, I would say this is not the way to go about things as new owners of a new business. It flies in the face of common sense and with successful businessmen being just that because they know how to make money, GI seemingly are happy just to piss off fans, lose money and stick with it.

It still makes no sense and is as dubious and suspicious as a shifty looking man in a raincoat hanging around a playground.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Lol yorkie. It's a 2 way street, he has no obligation to engage with fans especially in worrying times , he could easily however instruct Harrop or another one of his henchmen to get out there and to communicate. What they doing he is a bloody good attempt to isolate the fans to indeed not turn up at games and /or turn up at show how angry they are.
Treating us like absolute fools and I tend to think there is very much than meets the eye in this appointment.

Shouldn't be allowed in football , it's become to much business . Fit and proper test apply to us !!! Disgusting
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

I can't see how failing to cheer on the team is going to help get the first win of the season which is what we all want.

However I'm all for protest. Why not chant "You don't know what you're doing" 10 minutes before kickoff before the players come out?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Hit them where it hurts..in the pocket.. .but they prob won't care or indeed be there i guess.

Well done GI congratulations for having this debate amongst ourselves.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Yorkieandy wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 09:25 Except I'm not the one watching it go to shit am I? YOU are.

It's going to shit whether you go or not so neither of us is right really. Just that I'm saving myself money and not watching it unfold in front of my very eyes whilst you continue to give money to those who are trying to fold the football club AND want to go along and watch it happen too.

Talk about masochism.
Can I ask you for an honest answer. When was the last time you came to Plainmoor and supported the team ? If your answer is not the Chester game, then your calls for a boycott carry no weight.
Tust member 191
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Approximately zilch of what yorkieandy says carries any weight. Will he start supporting York again if we get relegated this season?

Some will boycott, some won't. This is a nothing story that's been exaggerated by the herald as it is easy journalism - someone on the internet said something and others replied. Boring.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well, even allowing for the 21 boycotters and 250 or so from Wrexham, the crowd was up on last week by some 300 locals.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

gateman49 wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 18:11 Well, even allowing for the 21 boycotters and 250 or so from Wrexham, the crowd was up on last week by some 300 locals.
Yep. Seems the only boycotter was the dog in the Skoda. :lol:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Despite our current league position ok bottom, the fact is the attendances are higher than last season. Andy-you ditched Torquay years ago, either start attending again as a supporter or stop your negative or predictable keyboard comments. It's boring TBH. And that is not a swipe at you. Your either a torquay fan or not.
Lucy