Kevin Millard IS back in the Bay!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Kevin Millard IS back in the Bay!

Post by misstheolddays »

I have it on very good authority that not only is former Lambada boss Kevin Millard back in Torbay but he was seen at several Gulls matches including one at the end of last season and the one against Boreham Wood. My contact believes he will also be at the game against Chester tomorrow. You may recall he was the man who gave us both Greg Goodridge and Rodney Jack in the late 1990's from his professional club in the Caribbean. He has spent the past few years as reserve team boss at an Argentine club called Boca Juniors and then coaching a Spanish Third Division team for 2 years. I understand he offered his services to TUFC 3 years ago and they never even acknowledged his letter. Typical of how we ignore those that can help us get out of the mess we have been in for the past few seasons. Surely he would be an IDEAL man to have at the helm right now? I remember watching his Lambada team on tour here run rings around Don O'Riordan's Gulls with Brendan Moore etc at Plainmoor one August evening. That was the day Bateson took one look at a young player Millard had brought through who destroyed us that night and signed him on the spot. The lad's name? Rodney Jack. Two years later we sold him to Dario Gradi's Crewe for £680,000. Just think what this Kevin Millard could do for us now. Refreshing and attacking entertaining football, using his undoubted contacts in the Caribbean to bring us a few more gems. Or do we just go along with the same old boring football and risk dropping even further down the Pyramid?

Come on Clarke and GI. Just do it!!!!!!
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Let's not forget that Kevin Millard also took his Lambada team to the Concacaf equivalent of the Champions League Final at the Orange Bowl Miami in front of 77,000 people. Here now living in the Bay. Can we afford not to at least talk to the man Gaming International??????
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I remember going to the Lambada game back in the day, watching them absolutely rip us apart with some lovely football but ultimately still manage to lose to effectively our reserve side.

I'd love to see us cast our net so far wide to try and discover hidden gems.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've been saying for years that we should go back to Lambada to see if the next Rodney Jack is in waiting!

Now with his experience at Boca we can get the next Lionel Messi! 😄
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Wouldn't mind him doing some scouting for us but dont think he is the right manager to get us out of this
mess, what knowledge does he have of the National League , very little I would think
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

You sure are passionate about Kevin Millard being hired at the club.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Who is Kevin Millard, or am I being really thick??!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Just read the other thread - now I know! Can't these 2 threads be combined?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

All I know is that when TUFC want to keep someone under wraps but treat him hospitably they take him/them to Cobley's. So I can say with some authority that Kevin Millard WAS seen eating fish, chips and peas in Cobley's a couple of nights ago.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Neither myself or my Dad (who's supported us for 50 years!) have ever heard of this chap. Can you please fill us in about who he is and why we care so much please?
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Don't know Kevin MillaRd. but know Cobleys very well,at the bottom of the street I used to live in as a kid
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

drummergull90 wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 11:45 Neither myself or my Dad (who's supported us for 50 years!) have ever heard of this chap. Can you please fill us in about who he is and why we care so much please?
He is responsible for bringing 2 club legends to Torquay - Rodney Jack and Gregory Goodridge
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Kevinmillard owned and managed a professional club in the Caribbean which produced a string of players who went on to play all over the world including Portugal, Argentina, Spain and Scotland. He let us have 2 for nothing, Goodridge and Jack, and we sold them for almost a million pounds. He coached at national level in World cup against Mexico and costa Rica and beat costa Rica 1_0. I lived 3 houses from his parents in Ipplepen so was always chatting to his dad who supported Torquay. I went with his dad to see his Lambada team on tour here when they played against us. In that match he gave all his squad a run out and they could all play. On that tour they also played Hereford United and won 5_0, resulting in graham turner signing 2 of their players. If mike bateson hadn't snapped up Rodney jack he would have almost certainly been a Hereford player instead of ours. Anyhow I think if we have someone of Millard's experience here we would be foolish not to at least talk to him.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

misstheolddays wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 14:08 Kevinmillard owned and managed a professional club in the Caribbean which produced a string of players who went on to play all over the world including Portugal, Argentina, Spain and Scotland. He let us have 2 for nothing, Goodridge and Jack, and we sold them for almost a million pounds. He coached at national level in World cup against Mexico and costa Rica and beat costa Rica 1_0. I lived 3 houses from his parents in Ipplepen so was always chatting to his dad who supported Torquay. I went with his dad to see his Lambada team on tour here when they played against us. In that match he gave all his squad a run out and they could all play. On that tour they also played Hereford United and won 5_0, resulting in graham turner signing 2 of their players. If mike bateson hadn't snapped up Rodney jack he would have almost certainly been a Hereford player instead of ours. Anyhow I think if we have someone of Millard's experience here we would be foolish not to at least talk to him.
yes I remember him. it would also be good if the new manager had a chat to him re the players in the Caribbean.
however, as far as a manager is concerned, he is not what we require right now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Must admit I've never heard of him either....has he done any coaching in england