Herald Express/Devon Live

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Herald Express/Devon Live

Post by SatNav »

My blood is beginning to boil about the lack of information filtering from the club. But more than this, I am furious about the 'soft journalism' from the Herald Express. The 'Deadline Day' feature yesterday was a damp squid and proves Henderson et al do not remotely have their fingers on the pulse.

Like many, I am extremely sceptical about GI and their motives. The Herald Express should be holding GI and Osbourne to account; we are being taken for mugs and they are doing fcuk all about it!!! There is an inevitability about Saturday's result, particularly if an appointment is not made tomorrow; I very much doubt it will be by the way.

Tomorrow's reports in the Herald will most likely be regarding the 'injury crisis' and the shite additions made to the squad today. I wonder whether they will provide any meaningful update regarding the managerial situation. Again I very much doubt this will get any coverage.

These are very dark days indeed and this is all very painful to watch unfold!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The Herald has always been uncontroversial with Dave Thomas (mainly, the editors) keeping the paper as anodyne as possible. Not going to get much out of the Express until we get something out of the club itself.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Trouble is on Devonlive you have to now trawl past endless stories about Exeter City before little old non-league Torquay United appears.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 21:19 Trouble is on Devonlive you have to now trawl past endless stories about Exeter City before little old non-league Torquay United appears.
Agreed. There is bugger all relating to Torquay!! 😡
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

To be fair the Podcast provides a reasonable amount of information and the information DT provides on the show is probably closer to the pulse than any other source, plus the current management at TUFC are like a closed book when it comes to giving anything away - it really is shocking! I don't know if it's down to an inexperienced leadership team when it comes to football or whether information is being deliberately withheld but either way it is not acceptable!
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

The DevonLive website is obviously awful. You really don't have to see any Exeter City news as long as you click on sport and then TUFC. The Herald reporters are always going to be careful what they write because they can be sued. It is worth remembering that people on message boards can also be sued at great cost which is what happened at Blackpool. Anyway, the podcast is definitely the way to hear what they really think. Another podcast worth listening to is Talking Torquay which is pretty good and opinions more like this forum. However, after one of the presenters said he followed the Woking game on Twiter, you did wonder why he should have a view on the game. Has he heard of the radio,app or commentary via the computer? :)
philgull369011
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: N/A

Post by philgull369011 »

I agree with midtable about his comment regarding the devonlive website.Since it changed from the herald express website there has been more news regarding plymouth & exeter ( not that I dont mind ).I used to enjoy loggin onto the herald website where it featured all of Torbay ( Paignton, Torquay & Brixham ) and got the local news and Torquay United had its own section
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Any rag running a "Decision Day" when it was "Indecision Day" the day before the non-existent transfer window closes can't be taken seriously can it?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Evening all,

Just a note to say that Episode 12 of Talking Torquay features an in-depth chat with Martin Gritton. The interview is at about the 10 minute mark and lasts around 20 minutes. A couple of cracking stories from that promotion season.

Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Also them crappy adverts that cover the whole page your reading. I understand why adverts but not ones that make you shut the page down !!!

Don't use it anymore , used to love catching up local news