Buckland Athletic Vs Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Buckland Athletic Vs Torquay

Post by AlexGulls »

Devon Bowl game tonight (as far as I'm aware its still on)

Looking forward to it as it will be mainly be Youth team and Buckland will be a tough test there unbeaten in 17 Games league wise and beat Elmore 7-1 in the last round to get to this stage of the Bowl.

Anyone else making the short trip to Homers Heath tonight?

The winner gets the glammer tie away at Plymouth in the Semis.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I believe this match kicks off at 7.15pm tonight, no doubt so that the youth players playing can get back by bed time :sleep:

I would urge anyone half thinking of turnng up to pay a visit tonight to a good club with excellent facilities

md
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I live not far away from homers heath,so am going to pop along tonight,think we might one or two that were on the bench last night,it will a useful run out for a fdew who have not had many games of late,coupled with some youth teamers.

Thanks for pointing out it kicks off at 7.i5 Middevon,i had convinced myself it would 7.45 :whistle:
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Bucklands website list it as a 7.30 Kick Off...But most likely 7.15 as said,,
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Should be a good game - brings back happy memories of the charity game captained by Chris Todd at the beginning of our pre-season in 2009 just after getting back in the football league.

It was a great turn out that evening, and if I had room in my heart for more than one football team Buckland would be a strong contender. They have an excellent ground and facilities, and are very much in the ascendance at the moment. I wish them well, except for tonight, of course. COYY
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It's kicked off. Anyone from Torquay Fans.com there to keep us updated ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AlexGulls was there. This was on his Facebook earlier:

"Buckland 0 Torquay 0 HT Gone home cold,boring game we were getting outplayed!"

Make of that what you will!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

I'm back. Buckland looked quite a good side and certainly looked up for it! Created a few decent chances and had a goal dissalowed for Offisde just before Half Time,

As for us our best chance came from Macklin after a Buckland defender made a mistake and he hit a shot just wide from just outside the box. Otherwise nothing but a few deccent runs from Spear and Macklin but never really got going.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Looking at the other site, we lost 2-1

Halpin free kick for us, with Lathrope being sent

Oh and Bevan, Lathrope, LRT, Macklin, Yeoman, Halpin and Ellis all played
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Buckland 2 Torquay 1 F/T

The team managed by north ,with buckle watching on,saw a reasonably strong line up including,Bevan,Ellis and LRT at centre backs and two youth teamers Taylor/Quinn at full backs,and Macklin Halpin Lathrope in midflield,and Yoeman/spear up front.

First half was quite competative untill midway when Buckland took control forcing a string of fine saves from super Scott Bevan in goal,Torquay went in at half time 0.0 only thanks to the linesman's flag who ruled out a buckland goal for offside.

Second half was largly the same with Buckland the better team ,once again calling on Bevan to keep them out,with about 20 minutes to go Torquay were awarded a free kick about 20-25 yards out,which Saul Halpin hit low bent around the wall and beat the Buckland keeper into the bottom corner to put Torquay 1up,would this now be a case of Bucklands head's dropping and superior fitness telling,no not at all as buckland went straight back on the attack again forcing a number of saves from Bevan,with 10 minutes left Lrt fouled a buckland player in the box penalty awarded,blasted home to make 1.1.

Then followed a moment of inexperience,unprofessionalism call it what you like,Lathrope commited two awful fouls with minuites of each other 2 yellows and that was his night as he got his marching orders,this game seemed to be heading for penalties,when from the final attack of the match the ball broke on the edge of our area and the buckland player smashed it home to win them the match,as with in seconds the ref blow the final whistle.

All ina ll this match had no relevance to our season,however it was dissapointing to see some frindge players given a perfect chance to shine,yet each and every one them failed,food for thought for Buckle here,as Macklin i have to say was poor,Halpin and yoeman really did not get into the game,and lathrope well enough already said.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

It seemed tonight that the only people who were unaware just how good Buckland are (arguably now Devon's top non league side) were the Torquay United team.

For much of the match Torquay were out played and certainly out battled.

What was most dissapointing was that the senior players who came in failed to inspire those around them and communication on the pitch was virtually non existant.

We certainly did not see anything like enough will to win from from Ellis, Lathrope, Macklin to suggest that they are anywhere close to getting back in the first team. Lathrope's foul was an absolute disgrace, had it had been a Buckland playing going in like that then there would have been all sorts of questions.....but the Buckland team were far too disciplined for that sort of challenge and move into the next round with my blessing.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well... Maybe... Just maybe...

We were under orders not necessarily to be unduly worried if the result didn't go our way?

PB makes specific mention here >>> http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 46,00.html of the youth of the side and the frequency of matches. He has also made absolutely no secret of his desperation to enlarge the squad to combat tiredness, youth, inexperience and fixture congestion.

I accept that the team which started was trainees sprinkled with first teamers, but sadly, our squad is so small that one of those first teamers played 4 straight games recently, one came on on Saturday and the other only missed out on playing 90 mins on Saturday because of a frankly embarrassing dive by an Accrington centre forward.

Not good times at Plainmoor with regard to the squad, loanees needed sharpish.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"