DEADLINE DAY MADNESS - 3 SIGNINGS!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:04 See that's what i'm saying. We've all got dreams, hopes, plans. We just don't all feel the need to make youtube videos about them and tell the bloody universe! Nobody is interested in my dreams but me so that's why i don't make a video of them and put them on the internet!! My dreams are private too. Privacy doesn't exist anymore. Everyone's personal lives are played out on the internet. Bizarre.
:goodpost:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Andy - NOBODY wants to EVER know what you dream about!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:22 Andy - NOBODY wants to EVER know what you dream about!!
I just dream about a day where uninteresting people will stop and realize that they don't need a twitter account to be a human being and function in society and suddenly become interesting again.

So it's not all bad Scott. No naked ladies or animals at all mate. It's fine. :lol:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

I was at the training ground this morning and Dan Lavercombe left on crutches... bye bye Dan! Lets hops they have a plan C.... and not Osborne!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 15:02 Another self publicist. Great. Can't we just get someone who wants to succeed at footy?
Have you done your research before making that statement?

Of course he wants to play football; he's like just about every other young player trying to make his way in the game. He's just like the 18 or so boys I worked with last season who want to be (and some are) making their way in the game.

I resonate with his ambition and life style; my teenaged son is no different. He's straining every sinew in his body and mind 'to make it'; seen some contemporaries give up and seek work 'in the regular world' and he's seen others now playing in Germany, Portugal at Premier clubs and many, many more on the same non league circuit he is currently at working just like Chinua Cole to reach their goal.

Self publicising is very important when you are seeking to stand out from the crowd and the crowd of football wannabees is a very large crowd, mark my word. At 22 he's in that crowd having come out of the rarified atmosphere of the academy and development game ('the League club' he refers to is MK Dons) and is playing for a football opportunity first and with making money second.......he has to because that's how it is.

As he tells you if you'll listen he "wants to succeed at footy"
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:53 Have you done your research before making that statement?

Of course he wants to play football; he's like just about every other young player trying to make his way in the game. He's just like the 18 or so boys I worked with last season who want to be (and some are) making their way in the game.

I resonate with his ambition and life style; my teenaged son is no different. He's straining every sinew in his body and mind 'to make it'; seen some contemporaries give up and seek work 'in the regular world' and he's seen others now playing in Germany, Portugal at Premier clubs and many, many more on the same non league circuit he is currently at working just like Chinua Cole to reach their goal.

Self publicising is very important when you are seeking to stand out from the crowd and the crowd of football wannabees is a very large crowd, mark my word. At 22 he's in that crowd having come out of the rarified atmosphere of the academy and development game ('the League club' he refers to is MK Dons) and is playing for a football opportunity first and with making money second.......he has to because that's how it is.

As he tells you if you'll listen he "wants to succeed at footy"
Yeah ok Merse. :Oops:
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Never mind. Osborn will go in goal to show he's learnt as much at Soton as the hapless Lavercombe has unlearnt at Wigan.
Anderson will assume his best position at CB and play a blinder.
Mitchell will fill in at LB and score a worldy like he did against WBA.
Haworth on the wing (and a prayer).
And cheer up everyone. We've still got Reid!

Sorted.

Who needs a bench, anyway? :lol:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUST member 200 ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:34 I was at the training ground this morning and Dan Lavercombe left on crutches... bye bye Dan! Lets hops they have a plan C.... and not Osborne!
We have just gone from 4 on the bench to 3 as I doubt very much they will get someone in on time for Saturday which means Osborne and no back-up!

Did you observe anything else of interest?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

nothing else, this is a joke though... oh well another loss
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

torq2u wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:58 Never mind. Osborn will go in goal to show he's learnt as much at Soton as the hapless Lavercombe has unlearnt at Wigan.
Anderson will assume his best position at CB and play a blinder.
Mitchell will fill in at LB and score a worldy like he did against WBA.
Haworth on the wing (and a prayer).
And cheer up everyone. We've still got Reid!

Sorted.

Who needs a bench, anyway? :lol:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Quality, it just get better doesn't it!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Richinns wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 14:10 Bang on and in my eyes the club are not getting anyway near the flak it deserves for this. Too many are still busy blaming Nicholson for everything (including what has happened post his sacking).
:goodpost:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

MellowYellow wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:12 :goodpost:
So did Nicholson actually do us any favours? Not really? Just signed pathetically crap players and then moaned that it was everyone and their horses fault. Shouldn't you pass judgement 20 games in, when we are still bottom? Or perhaps mid-table? Who is at fault then?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Just over half the squad injured. No manager because we are serving due diligence again ( we have heard the phrase oft before!) and still the owner/ chairman says ( and does? ) nothing. The General Manager speaks seemingly deliberate and confusing riddles. The Head of Recruitment says nothing as well. We can afford them- but anyone else ?-it seems by the inaction - lack of leadership- maybe?- maybe not? People blame Nicholson and Herrera for all this and they may have their shortcomings ( don't we all ) but at least they very evidently tried and cared. Time to break the silence Mr O - time to tell what really is what. Do you really care Mr O.? Or is TUFC just a pawn in a wider game where we can only guess about the rules? Let's treat us with some honesty and some respect.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

come on merse, no need for that,
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yorkieandy wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:30 I just dream about a day where uninteresting people will stop and realize that they don't need a twitter account to be a human being and function in society and suddenly become interesting again.
Oh, hush, you. I have a twitter account and it's tremendous fun.

(Except on saturday mornings between 10am and about 12pm local time)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.