DEADLINE DAY MADNESS - 3 SIGNINGS!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Hahahaha do not question the merse!! He is the knower off all. The self professed messiah of Torquay, or should I say 'merseiah'

ALL HAIL THE MERSEIAH.

Haha you really do have an abnomally large ego for someone with such a small brain aren't you mersey ol' boy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

It's all that London-centic ignore everyone else attitude i guess. Anyone who lives in London no matter what their income has a f*cking screw loose. The place is a sprawling cack hole.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 31 Aug 2017, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 14:03 I'll tell you what is madness - the fact that we have been managerless for two weeks now, have played three games (lost each one), have another game at the weekend and still have **** all to show for it manager wise.

The reports are now saying that we are not expected to sign a manager now until after the weekend. Sorry, but this is piss poor. How long does it take for goodness sake? How many other clubs would go this long without a manager?
It is a bloody disgrace and further evidence, in my opinion, of how little GI think of the club itself.
Bang on and in my eyes the club are not getting anyway near the flak it deserves for this. Too many are still busy blaming Nicholson for everything (including what has happened post his sacking).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Richinns wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 14:10 Bang on and in my eyes the club are not getting anyway near the flak it deserves for this. Too many are still busy blaming Nicholson for everything (including what has happened post his sacking).
:goodpost:
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

This situation is completely ridiculous, what do we have a never ending time scale to apply, so Santa Claus shows some interest and we have to wait until xmas
Villagull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Villagull »

Hi everyone please don't rip my head off, first post😉

Surely 3 signings (so far) is a positive sign re the owners? Whatever is going on behind the scenes and the reason for the delay, (which is more than likely beyond their control), surely getting the right man over the line to save Tufc longterm, is the only thing that matters?
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Interesting to see us sign that lad from Norwich might that be a hint to who the next manager is as Richard money just left a job at the academy of Norwich so he might have some links there
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Villagull wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 14:36 Hi everyone please don't rip my head off, first post😉

Surely 3 signings (so far) is a positive sign re the owners? Whatever is going on behind the scenes and the reason for the delay, (which is more than likely beyond their control), surely getting the right man over the line to save Tufc longterm, is the only thing that matters?
I see it more as it was a case of sign a couple of players or we cant field a full 11.. GI had no choice but to get these players in.

7 a side anyone? :lol:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Joke
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 13:46 Not a question of being a know it all Danny; it's stating the bleedin' obvious!

......and Dagenham is the thick end of London! :slap:
Today is known as deadline today, so this is a perfectly reasonable title in my opinion. Our game vs Woking next April will be called an Easter Monday fixture without us having to partake in any rising from the dead ourselves.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

DTUFC wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 13:24 Good news, desperately needed some cover.

And if you wanted to watch a 25-minute vlog from new left-back Chinua Cole's trip to Bali, guess what? You can! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_Ar4PrWcM&app=desktop
Another self publicist. Great. Can't we just get someone who wants to succeed at footy?

The signings don't inspire any confidence whatsoever really.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

My god a LB has been signed!

Finally the anvil sized penny has dropped
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

In actual fact these signings look poor on the face of it and not signings made by an experienced old head who knows what situation the club are in. Efete i'm most impressed with. Been on loan with Breidablik in Iceland and having been out there and watched a few games it's a decent enough standard. It shows he is willing to learn and develop and i think he's the best by a mile of the three. His twitter account recently doesn't show him posing in front of booty in the Bahamas but mainly serious football stuff which i can accept.

I can't find a twitter account by Dowling which makes me like him instantly. A footballer without a twitter account to promote their vain-ness. I must buy that lad a pint sometime as i thought it wasn't possible. Although he has no experience which is a huge concern, he appears not to have a twitter account and that is the most important in my eyes. :nod:

Cole has no experience either.

The club are in a pressure dogfight already and sign 3 players with next to no experience. The law of averages says that one of them might do reasonably well but all three no chance.

Best of luck to them all anyway.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Forget the vlog from new left-back Chinua Cole's trip to Bali, listen to his 'Own Story' - hope his dreams come true starting at Torquay - no reason why not - others have reached higher heights

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

See that's what i'm saying. We've all got dreams, hopes, plans. We just don't all feel the need to make youtube videos about them and tell the bloody universe! Nobody is interested in my dreams but me so that's why i don't make a video of them and put them on the internet!! My dreams are private too. Privacy doesn't exist anymore. Everyone's personal lives are played out on the internet. Bizarre.

Just text your mates, tell them you are off to Torquay and are over the moon about it and tell your other half too and that it's a great opportunity and you can't wait to get started and give it your best shot. Nobody else needs to know!
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 31 Aug 2017, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.