DEADLINE DAY MADNESS - 3 SIGNINGS!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Yorkieandy, with your constant non-TUFC posts on this forum you are as much a self publicist as Mr Cole is.#

To bring this thread back to discussing the new signings, let's hope that whoever comes in as manager is able to get the best out of these three young lads; I do hope though that Herrera hasn't splurged the last of the cash available for player loans and leave the new manager without any options whatsoever. Finally, I hope that the new players appreciate the opportunity they've been given and can use their desire to make it as footballers to haul this team upwards from the bottom of this league - as is often the case with these sorts of players we won't know if the signings have the footballing nous to be even moderately average in this league until 3pm on Saturday. COYY
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Asking questions locally about Chinua Cole tonight informs me that he gave up his job with NatWest to try his luck at Barnet on a non-contract basis until the end of the 2015/2016 campaign after being scouted by them playing for the Ryman Premier's Farnborough FC and was then informed there would be no contract or re-registration for him for season 2016-17 so of course he 'wants to play football'. He gave up a good job to have another try and then had to settle for part-time at Staines Town (under a very good management I might add) and working nights to make up his money.

These are the sort of sacrifices a lot of young lads who aren't in academies or fully professional clubs have to make to chase their dream; so don't knock him for using his natural exuberance to publicise his availability via You Tube. Better than paying an agent to do it I would say and he almost certainly can't afford that anyway.

Believe me there are scouts who trawl these medias looking precisely for such pro-active characters.

So he comes here having failed to oust an almost ever-present for the past six years at Hampton & Richmond and his quest goes on. I can guarantee you he will show far more hunger and desire than a lot of the dross currently around the club at the moment. Whether he turns out to be good enough is anyone's guess, but he is trying his best and the club ~ who certainly need a competent left back ~ are trying their best to unearth a diamond from the dirt which is (after all) what they have done with Ruari Keating ~ it's what football is at this level.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

:goodpost:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Well there is a warm welcome...!

One is non contract, one for a month and one from a Division 1 side. They don't seem to represent a splurged budget to me. What would you rather Herrera do- play with eight men? I do think this continually toasting of Herrera led by the all knowing Merse has reached ridiculous levels. We are playing shit and Herrera and we have to try to go through this. He is in the wrong place at the wrong time - we all know that. Crucifying him on websites certainly won't assist him, the team or the club.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Dazza wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 22:32 Well there is a warm welcome...!

One is non contract, one for a month and one from a Division 1 side. They don't seem to represent a splurged budget to me. What would you rather Herrera do- play with eight men? I do think this continually toasting of Herrera led by the all knowing Merse has reached ridiculous levels. We are playing shit and Herrera and we have to try to go through this. He is in the wrong place at the wrong time - we all know that. Crucifying him on websites certainly won't assist him, the team or the club.
:goodpost:

The name calling is disgraceful, keyboard what was it?
TUST MEMBER
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 22:32 Crucifying him on websites certainly won't assist him, the team or the club.
Managers with any sense don't read forums (especially ones with a record like his) ~ Nicholson told me he never read them and he only contacted me because Geoff Harrop wanted him to ~ so don't worry your pretty little head about Robbie Herrera; what's posted on here won't affect him one way or another.

I've told you before; forums don't exist to 'assist' anyone; they exist as a platform for people to air their views.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

RussianGull wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 22:02 Yorkieandy, with your constant non-TUFC posts on this forum you are as much a self publicist as Mr Cole is.#

To bring this thread back to discussing the new signings, let's hope that whoever comes in as manager is able to get the best out of these three young lads; I do hope though that Herrera hasn't splurged the last of the cash available for player loans and leave the new manager without any options whatsoever. Finally, I hope that the new players appreciate the opportunity they've been given and can use their desire to make it as footballers to haul this team upwards from the bottom of this league - as is often the case with these sorts of players we won't know if the signings have the footballing nous to be even moderately average in this league until 3pm on Saturday. COYY
I've got autism mate, not narcissism.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Dazza wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 22:32 Well there is a warm welcome...!

Daz, don't disagree with you regarding roasting of Herrera; I don't envy his position in the slightest, I don't think he's done well but I don't see what more he could've done bar the odd obvious substitution.

No, my point was more about the funds available to the incoming manager and so my post should've indicated that I hope it wasn't the club spending the last of the player kitty, not Robbie.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

A warm welcome to all 3 signings, I'm looking forward to seeing if they will be part of the 1st 11 or will they bench fillers.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yorkieandy wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 16:04 See that's what i'm saying. We've all got dreams, hopes, plans. We just don't all feel the need to make youtube videos about them and tell the bloody universe! Nobody is interested in my dreams but me so that's why i don't make a video of them and put them on the internet!! My dreams are private too. Privacy doesn't exist anymore. Everyone's personal lives are played out on the internet. Bizarre.
most of us use a CV to tell prospective employers what we can do. That's advertising, of a sort. A piece of paper doesn't really work for a footballer, so a youtube video is actually a pretty smart idea, really.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Gulliball wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 14:57

Today is known as deadline today, so this is a perfectly reasonable title in my opinion. Our game vs Woking next April will be called an Easter Monday fixture without us having to partake in any rising from the dead ourselves.
Brilliant. Made me laugh when there's not much to smile about.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

happytorq wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 15:04 most of us use a CV to tell prospective employers what we can do. That's advertising, of a sort. A piece of paper doesn't really work for a footballer, so a youtube video is actually a pretty smart idea, really.
I can accept this as a reasonable way to go about things in 2017 if you are a footballer. So long as the youtube video contains just football and no other content. It's when they start harping on about hopes and dreams and trying to show how confident and positive they are whilst holidaying in Bali that gets me.

Try being confident and positive during a week's caravan break in Rhyl. If he can do that then he can take on the National League no problem.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I was Bristol at the end of July and drinking with the lads playing in the local leagues. They mentioned that Howling was on his way to us back then. So please don't think that GI has started to pull their finger out after sacking KN.
Perhaps this might also be the case with the other 2 recent signings?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Dowling has signed on for another couple of months with a view to a further extension, great news!
The gulls are going up
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

gullno4 wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 09:27 Dowling has signed on for another couple of months with a view to a further extension, great news!
But, if fit, can he play in the FA Cup? Pleased he's staying longer.