2nd English Riviera Programme & Memorabilia Fair: Sunday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gordon bennett
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

2nd English Riviera Programme & Memorabilia Fair: Sunday

Post by gordon bennett »

The 2nd annual English Riviera Football Programme & Memorabilia Fair is taking place this coming Sunday (September 3) in the No 10 Restaurant at Plainmoor (10.30am-1.30pm).
Pleased to report three new traders are joining us at this fair this year: Roger and Tony Coombs from Cardiff, Mark Addicott from Bristol, and Mike O'Brien-Kelly from Plymouth.
Paul Buck (from Dawlish) and myself (Westward Programmes) are coming again, but Tom Roe is not coming this year - I understand he is going to the fair at Accrington, which is on the same day, and which may involve him in less travelling from his Lytham St Annes base!!
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Do any Torquay collectors know how rare a pre-war Torquay programme is? Any ideas of value? Many thanks, D.
gordon bennett
Trialist
Trialist

Post by gordon bennett »

Pre-1940's United programmes generally go for £40+, depending on age and condition.
Chris Williams of Sportingold Auctions told me they fly out the door whenever he has decent ones to sell.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Thanks for your reply, I have one pre-war Torquay programme in my collection and will bring it along to the fair, if I am able to attend. It is Gulls V Southend, 7th April, 1934. It has some notes and writing, but in good condition, and of course, as rare as they come! I can scan you a copy if you so wish!. D.
gordon bennett
Trialist
Trialist

Post by gordon bennett »

This is a very sincere 'Big Thank You' to the stall-holders and collectors who supported the event at Plainmoor earlier today - it was only the second Fair in Torquay for many years - and attracted an attendance of just over 40, some from as far away as Leeds and Abertillery. Of the five traders, two of us came last year and we both found our takings today were up on last year's. Hopefully, some of the other traders will be sufficiently encouraged to also return again next year as we would like it to become a regular annual event.
A 'Big Thank You' also to Bernie Phillips and the club staff for their help, both in staging the event and in boosting advance publicity. It was all much appreciated!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

My son and I have over 1,000 old programmes dating from 1950 upward a lot of Bristol City & Rovers + about a dozenof the last Harry Bamford 1penny programmes for his memorial derby game. Is there any value to any of these. :-D