Torquay Fans United?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Torquay Fans United?

Post by Admiral »

As I mentioned in the phoenix club topic, Chester fans formed a group called City Fans United when they were on the brink of liquidisation. The group was used as a back-up option for if/when the club was wound up. This was the springboard they needed to start competing the following season in the Northern Div 1, under the ownership of their own supporters. The money raised in the initial CFU membership and donations scheme was enough to help form a club which went on to achieve 3 consecutive promotions (with a lot of hard work of course).

http://www.cityfansunited.com/index.php

If people want this to happen here, regardless of what happens to Osborne's TUFC, then maybe us, the fans, should start planning for the future IN CASE the worst happens. Torquay Fans United?

Just a thought, well worth a read into how they did it.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Isn't that name already registered as a business? Seem to remember some form of "rival" consortium making press releases/propaganda under that name
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Is this not what the TUST is supposed to be doing? Other than being totally unfit for purpose that is?

I cannot believe i spent ages on here trying to encourage folk to join the trust. Just what exactly have they done thus far and what do they intend to do in the future?
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

In my view its the only way forward,a fresh start under our own leadership.Just too toxic at Plainmoor for any kind of recovery.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Admiral wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 13:50 As I mentioned in the phoenix club topic, Chester fans formed a group called City Fans United when they were on the brink of liquidisation. The group was used as a back-up option for if/when the club was wound up. This was the springboard they needed to start competing the following season in the Northern Div 1, under the ownership of their own supporters. The money raised in the initial CFU membership and donations scheme was enough to help form a club which went on to achieve 3 consecutive promotions (with a lot of hard work of course).

http://www.cityfansunited.com/index.php

If people want this to happen here, regardless of what happens to Osborne's TUFC, then maybe us, the fans, should start planning for the future IN CASE the worst happens. Torquay Fans United?

Just a thought, well worth a read into how they did it.
I hope you're looking forward to being told you're a deluded fool by Jeff and Brucie.

I posted a similar topic yesterday, looking for likeminded people to get on board and take the discussion offline, sounds like you would be up for exploring possibilities.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 15:35 I hope you're looking forward to being told you're a deluded fool by Jeff and Brucie.

I posted a similar topic yesterday, looking for likeminded people to get on board and take the discussion offline, sounds like you would be up for exploring possibilities.
Certain posters have been the reason I haven't bothered for so long. I for one would be happy to help contribute to this in some shape or form, whether it be marketing the organisation or simply signing up and donating and allowing more experienced personnel to take the reins.