Don't worry be happy!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Don't worry be happy!

Post by midtable »

While most of us are despairing about the team don't forget Nicho's farewell open letter to everyone on facebook:

"This group will do well, without question the next guy through these doors will inherit a very good group and once they gel and everyone is fit he will think he's won the lottery (he may not tell you that publicy!!)"
Any thoughts on that now?

Nicho always told the press he looked for character in his players and in his letter returned to the subject
"Changes made, players in and players out searching for character first, ability second at all times."
Lots of obvious answers.

"The experience I've gained over 2 years here would be comparable to 10 years most anywhere else and I leave with my head held high and, hopefully, with my reputation in the game in tact and ready to go again when the next opportunity arises."

Well, a CV with 2 seasons as relegation fodder and out of the FA cup at the first opportunity, things might not look good on paper.

So there is no reason to despair, it will be alright.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Nicho is speaking bullshit as he often did when it came to on the pitch matters.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

midtable wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 02:55 Nicho always told the press he looked for character in his players and in his letter returned to the subject
"Changes made, players in and players out searching for character first, ability second at all times."

Seriously! ...... I did have a lot of time for Nicho, he worked with his hands tied behind his back for most of his time at Plainmoor. Yes, he's not the best manager in the world, and no he's not the worst.... but to come out and say that character means more than ability when we're languishing near the trap door (once again) beggars belief.

So, in Nicho's view, if we have a team full of 'characters' we will triumph over teams with 'ability'.... do me a favour!

I want a team to be proud of... one that is able to score goals, one that is able to defend, one that is able to get us out of this shit!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

right now, id take fifth bottom.
anything higher would be a (massive) bonus.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Come on now folks, in years to come those of us who will live that long will be sitting in our rocking chairs with our grandchildren at our feet telling them how we used to be the laughing stock of the footballing world.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

gateman49 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:31 Come on now folks, in years to come those of us who will live that long will be sitting in our rocking chairs with our grandchildren at our feet telling them how we used to be the laughing stock of the footballing world.
As we go shopping at Aldi on Plainmoor.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 20:14 As we go shopping at Aldi on Plainmoor.
GI wouldn't make enough money from selling Plainmoor to Aldi. We need to sell to Waitrose to stand a chance.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Villagull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Villagull »

Very sad indeed, I used to live in the bay as a kid around the time the likes of Loram Holmes Lloyd Mchnicol etc. The club struggled but was always a stable and steady ship for the most part. The guy took dogs abuse on occasion but how an owner like Mike Bateson would be welcomed with open arms now. 😣
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

United62 wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 12:18 So, in Nicho's view, if we have a team full of 'characters' we will triumph over teams with 'ability'.... do me a favour!
The bottom line is how much ability your team has in the first place.......in Nicho's case it was very little and they were nearly always poorly set up.