Phoenix club, start planning now

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Why not pool together, get a backer with big bucks and buy the club from GI....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Too late .....should have done that before they took over
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, quite, but people seem to just like moaning about it, but not do anything when it actually comes down to it.

STIP
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Money !!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

((((Bangs head repeatedly against wall))))

STIP
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

That won't help the situation
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Neither does boycotting games, or trying to set up a Phoenix club.

STIP
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 21:19 Neither does boycotting games, or trying to set up a Phoenix club.
Scott is right. Effectively what it boils down to is that the whole situation at the football club is hopeless and it's GI or bust (or GI AND bust).

There will be no phoenix club, nor will there be any rich fans able to afford to buy and run the club, even then they probably wouldn't convince GI to sell. There is only GI.

If GI want to make you wait weeks on end for a new manager despite the players needing instant leadership and direction then they'll do that. If GI are happy to let the club drop further behind in the race for survival by prolonging an appointment and offering up no new investment for clearly needed new players then they'll do just that.

Puppets on a string it appears and the only decision that matters as a fan is, are you are prepared to accept this and continue to shell out in order to prolong the life support of the football club and prolong the tenure of GI.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

The fact that the club haven't appointed a proven manager two weeks after sacking Nico when the club is getting further adrift of safety after every game played makes things begin to look a bit fishy. I'd say that no manager in by the weekend and only a total cretin would still have any semblance of trust in GI.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Devil and deep blue sea

It's as simple as that

No one's life is at risk so I'd rather it trickle on and hope that in the end we end up being at plainmoor ideally and every game fighting for a win
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 21:30 The fact that the club haven't appointed a proven manager two weeks after sacking Nico when the club is getting further adrift of safety after every game played makes things begin to look a bit fishy. I'd say that no manager in by the weekend and only a total cretin would still have any semblance of trust in GI.
I don't trust GI in any way, shape or form, but they are the owners of the club that I support and that I love. It's a club I have followed my entire adult life, a club I have supported even when my first game was a 4-1 drubbing at the hands of the 'muff. It's a club I will not abandon until all hope has completely gone, until there is absolutely no way back - maybe it's because I'm just **** mad (in fact, I know I am), but it's also because I can't just give up.

I've tried, believe me, I've tried!! I have not listened to the radio, avoided logging on to here, but eventually, late in the evening, I HAVE to look at the result.

I've been left somewhat frustrated by the apparent lack of effort by the TUST - to the point that I have withdrawn my subscription. Although, it has proven to me that there are very few people that actually give a shit. When the TUST came looking for investment(s) very few people put their money where their mouth was - this is another reason why a Phoenix club will never happen. Too many people can't be arsed when it comes to putting the effort in.

I'm saddened by what has happened to our club. The rot set in a long time ago, as many have alluded to, but there are still people out there, I believe, that would be willing to buy the club if/when GI lose interest. They WILL if we manage to fight the sale of Plainmoor - our ground, yeah GI, that's right it's our **** ground you absolute cretins - as that is what they want. Once they realise they can't have it, they'll be gone asap. We must continue the fight, and threats of boycotting the club and starting up new ones simply plays into their hands. They will simply go to the council and say that nobody gives a **** about TUFC and they will win.

Bollocks to that. I can't let them do that - this is OUR club, and they will have to fight each one of us to get it. So, get yourself done to Plainmoor and make your stand. Don't let these **** win without a hard, bloody fight.

STIP
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Scott amazing post and I share your sediments.

All we can do as supporters is to fight for what we believe in. We all want what is best and for me is to stay at council leased plainmoor instead of being tennents to GI international at new multi purpose venue and have a football team which is fighting for a chance of promotion most seasons

Let's stick together
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 22:43 I don't trust GI in any way, shape or form, but they are the owners of the club that I support and that I love. It's a club I have followed my entire adult life, a club I have supported even when my first game was a 4-1 drubbing at the hands of the 'muff. It's a club I will not abandon until all hope has completely gone, until there is absolutely no way back - maybe it's because I'm just **** mad (in fact, I know I am), but it's also because I can't just give up.

I've tried, believe me, I've tried!! I have not listened to the radio, avoided logging on to here, but eventually, late in the evening, I HAVE to look at the result.

I've been left somewhat frustrated by the apparent lack of effort by the TUST - to the point that I have withdrawn my subscription. Although, it has proven to me that there are very few people that actually give a shit. When the TUST came looking for investment(s) very few people put their money where their mouth was - this is another reason why a Phoenix club will never happen. Too many people can't be arsed when it comes to putting the effort in.

I'm saddened by what has happened to our club. The rot set in a long time ago, as many have alluded to, but there are still people out there, I believe, that would be willing to buy the club if/when GI lose interest. They WILL if we manage to fight the sale of Plainmoor - our ground, yeah GI, that's right it's our **** ground you absolute cretins - as that is what they want. Once they realise they can't have it, they'll be gone asap. We must continue the fight, and threats of boycotting the club and starting up new ones simply plays into their hands. They will simply go to the council and say that nobody gives a **** about TUFC and they will win.

Bollocks to that. I can't let them do that - this is OUR club, and they will have to fight each one of us to get it. So, get yourself done to Plainmoor and make your stand. Don't let these **** win without a hard, bloody fight.
We need more of this desire and stubborness and raw passion Scott. Love it and am almost agreeing with every word. I had most of it drummed out of me by the tools that have sunk the club to this low ebb and also, if it has to be said, by the apathy and lack of raw heart displayed by many of what were, my fellow TUFC fans. Some of them, although they are entitled to be as they want, are wet as dishcloths and need some serious voltage.

I just wanted somebody to get the club by the scruff in the immediate aftermath of football league relegation to get us up for a dogfight return and all i got was a staid Alex Rowe doing placid PC interviews and fans just accepting it. That's when i gave up. I was pumped for the ride (no comments please :} ) and was primed to travel to Gateshead, to go to Guiseley and to join my fellow Gulls rallying round to show them that TUFC fans don't give up but it ended up with a dull businessman in a suit talking absolute boll*cks on telly and people just accepting the same old without question. I just gave up. That's not me.

I felt betrayed and still do to this day.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 22:54 Scott amazing post and I share your sediments.

All we can do as supporters is to fight for what we believe in. We all want what is best and for me is to stay at council leased plainmoor instead of being tennents to GI international at new multi purpose venue and have a football team which is fighting for a chance of promotion most seasons

Let's stick together
Bleedin' hell WYG! I hope not! :Z

Not sure that would be even legal. :lol: