Phoenix club, start planning now

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Phoenix club, start planning now

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Stating the obvious, the writing is on the wall, the football club is dying, no correct that, it's being murdered.

We all know why. We have to boycot games, Hit GI in the pocket. If they wind the club up, we're free to set a Phoenix club up.

Best to plan ahead, how do we:

1. Ensure that f**ker never gets his hands on the ground
2. Start taking action now to create a Phoenix club, could a new club play under a different name until TUFC finally draws last breath?
3. As GI own the club, but do not own the land, do they own the stands? Could Osborne sell the stands (materials) out of spite? Is there a way to protect that from happening? If we set up a Phoenix club we want there to be a stadium to move into when GI leave.

I never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy to see a gate of under 100 at the next home game.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Totally with you WestYorks but you'll only get laughed at on here. At least until that day in a few years time when there will be no other choice but to start one.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I'm in the boycott the next home game camp, to ensure a lack of income through the turnstiles for GI. So that GI get no money out of supporters and have to pull their fingers out for change.

Regards,

A desperate and apathetic supporter.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

AFC Torquay. It's been on the cards since Ling left, unfortunately. There are enough passionate supporters to make it happen, perhaps even Breedy would come back.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The whole "Phoenix Club"' idea is just made to sound so simple, but it would be so far from that. And I sincerely doubt it would work as the people of Torbay are so apathetic towards TUFC they wouldn't get behind it.

First major problem - where would they play?

Second problem - what league would take it? Peninsula league level most likely. Who would watch that? Not me, that's for sure.

I think people getting riled up by the predicament on the field is missing the point. I don't see that GI have screwed the club by not investing in the team. I see a squad that looks expensively assembled - but of players still dining out on halcyon bygone days. And KN was stupid enough to meet their wage demands when no-body else would.

Our team would be top end L2 material if we had this group of players back in 2011. They are now miles beyond their best, slow and unfit.

Not everything is rosy under GI, but the reason we are cut cut adrift at the bottom of the league is down to KN
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Jeff wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 18:49 The whole "Phoenix Club"' idea is just made to sound so simple, but it would be so far from that. And I sincerely doubt it would work as the people of Torbay are so apathetic towards TUFC they wouldn't get behind it.

First major problem - where would they play?

Second problem - what league would take it? Peninsula league level most likely. Who would watch that? Not me, that's for sure.

I think people getting riled up by the predicament on the field is missing the point. I don't see that GI have screwed the club by not investing in the team. I see a squad that looks expensively assembled - but of players still dining out on halcyon bygone days. And KN was stupid enough to meet their wage demands when no-body else would.

Our team would be top end L2 material if we had this group of players back in 2011. They are now miles beyond their best, slow and unfit.

Not everything is rosy under GI, but the reason we are cut cut adrift at the bottom of the league is down to KN
The problems regarding setting up a Phoenix club are not roadblocks, they are standard problems, with the right frame of mind can be solved. With a defeatist attitude a problem will never be overcome.

The Majority of folks in torbay do not care about the club, agreed, but we still have a hardcore of between 1500 and 1800, they would get behind a new club if it replaced TUFC, and in the early days, even 10% of that number would be enough for a club in the lower leagues.

AFC Wimbledon did it, why can't we?

We are not only concerned with the performance in the field, we are much more concerned with the situation in the office, and the results and performances we are seeing are a direct result of the off pitch issue.
Last edited by WestLondonYellow on 28 Aug 2017, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Apologies WestLondon, i mistook you for WestYorksGull in my earlier post. Honest mistake. :)
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 19:04 Apologies WestLondon, i mistook you for WestYorksGull in my earlier post. Honest mistake. :)
Ha, no worries :)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 18:45 AFC Torquay. It's been on the cards since Ling left, unfortunately. There are enough passionate supporters to make it happen, perhaps even Breedy would come back.
hope not, jeeeessss
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 18:33 Stating the obvious, the writing is on the wall, the football club is dying, no correct that, it's being murdered.

We all know why. We have to boycot games, Hit GI in the pocket. If they wind the club up, we're free to set a Phoenix club up.

Best to plan ahead, how do we:

1. Ensure that f**ker never gets his hands on the ground
2. Start taking action now to create a Phoenix club, could a new club play under a different name until TUFC finally draws last breath?
3. As GI own the club, but do not own the land, do they own the stands? Could Osborne sell the stands (materials) out of spite? Is there a way to protect that from happening? If we set up a Phoenix club we want there to be a stadium to move into when GI leave.

I never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy to see a gate of under 100 at the next home game.
Yes but when AFC Wimbledon and Darlington etc did it they had some element of financial backing... unless you are proposing investing 10/20K? then why not get the ball rolling?
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

arrywithanh wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 19:17 Yes but when AFC Wimbledon and Darlington etc did it they had some element of financial backing... unless you are proposing investing 10/20K? then why not get the ball rolling?
Wow, what a positive post.

I suppose we could kill off the idea by imagining that the only way to make something happen is for 1 man to put 20k in the pot....or, here's just one possible other option, of many, just maybe, a number of fans club together, 40 fans, put £500 each in, is that an option? Or is that as unrealistic as seeing a real dragon?

And before you ask, yes I would put 500 in, I would put 1000 in, and I'd do that annually if it meant creating something to keep Torquay having a football club.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If we are to survive you've got to stick together and support the team not turn away from them.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

arcadia wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 19:28 If we are to survive you've got to stick together and support the team not turn away from them.
It's not gonna survive with us or without us. Can't you see that?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

You give up you'll have nothing.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 19:30 It's not gonna survive with us or without us. Can't you see that?
Agree. Fans all want the same thing but have different ideas about what is the right way of going about getting it. Therefore ALL fans of a football club sticking together isn't going to happen. The club may survive for a number of years yet but fans are still attending and moaning about the club declining and the players being crap. What do you expect?! Do you seriously expect anything else? For the considerable future you are going to carry on turning up to Plainmoor and paying your hard earned and you are expecting things to change. Madness. So indeed, there might be a TUFC in 5 years time but you'll see be paying to watch crap players in a crap league play for a club whose owners have no intentions of improving the clubs fortunes.

Whether a phoenix club is started or not, the above is the reality of the situation as i see it so those who carry on attending regardless should do so and stop fecking moaning about stuff IMO because it's pointless.