Phoenix club, start planning now

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Lol maybe just stand together. I've a few days off work and been sipping the whisky ..lets hope for some positive news tomorrow. Being a exile my internet radio wakes me up 6am with the beloved radio Devon , here's hoping.

Check put my tufc old school stuff on YouTube , I've more to post sometime
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I am one of the proponents of a Phoenix club and stand by that.

Look, its not the most desirable of options, in fact its a bloody rotten option and VERY VERY tough!

But there are a number of worse options IMHO

Worst is the club is totally folded, caput, gone, no longer exists!
2nd Worst is GI run the club, it ticks along in the NPL or lower and GI screws the arse off the fans and the community for personal profit

I WOULD PREFER!

1) GI come up trumps, put some money in the FOOTBALL TEAM, and commit to at least getting a team that can compete at this level
2) Someone, anyone who loves football decides they want a project and buys the club and does the same

What I wont do is financially support people who I think, and that's the key "I think" are taking the p*ss. I have also supported this club for a VERY VERY long time, BUT I wont be taken for a ride, no way.

These types of people know how to work you, talk about a 5 year plan, then move the goalposts, have some excuses, things have changed, dangle some carrots, say we want success, we are motivated for success. BUT NOTHING EVER HAPPENS!! And you all keep paying, month after month, and probably year after year!
TUST MEMBER
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

For me it's boils down to 2 things

Losing our safe secure home , which is a wonderful modern ground

Gi not running it for the benefit of the supporting paying fans

I