We deserve better than this!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Like the rest, agree with the sentiment and comments above. However, talk of boycotts, talk of hitting G.I in the pocket, boycotting the games will be counter-productive, it will not hit G.I in pocket for long, it will just help achieve their perceived objective, and heck of lot quicker than even they could have wished for, it would be, playing right into their hands.

Trust me, I'm no ones fool. There is new manager to be appointed as we know, I'm prepared to wait and see who that is, and what backing they do, or do not get, of course there's no guarantee, the picture can change very quickly in football, in for a club in the mess we're in right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

:goodpost:
forevertufc wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 20:47 Like the rest, agree with the sentiment and comments above. However, talk of boycotts, talk of hitting G.I in the pocket, boycotting the games will be counter-productive, it will not hit G.I in pocket for long, it will just help achieve their perceived objective, and heck of lot quicker than even they could have wished for, it would be, playing right into their hands.

Trust me, I'm no ones fool. There is new manager to be appointed as we know, I'm prepared to wait and see who that is, and what backing they do, or do not get, of course there's no guarantee, the picture can change very quickly in football, in for a club in the mess we're in right now.
:goodpost:

I agree lets see who they appoint and see if he can change things.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A usual sensible and logical post from Forever. Yes - things are an embarrassment, shambles, shit show, toxic mess from top to bottom at Plainmoor. But let's just wait and see who is appointed as manager and give whoever it is a chance, shall we?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

SBP wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 17:48 SatNav, my 13 year old said to me after Saturdays game, I don't want to come here anymore we never win and it makes me sad!! You can hardly blame anybody for not wanting to attend. After the 3rd goal went in today I turned the radio off.
Its hard to disagree with Brucie's post. We are at the lowest I can ever remember.
Its going to take something spectacular to turn this around.
Same for me. I have a thirteen year old too and in the five years or so since I've been taking him up there he has seen a poor team season after season that more often than not gets beaten at home - soul destroying and understandably his affections are more for Liverpool FC ( his Mum's team) than TUFC these days - can anyone blame him? He is very proud to represent the newly formed TUFC academy team for his age group but "supporting" TUFC is getting harder and harder - when you see such rubbish week after week. To be honest, I get far more enjoyment watching my lad play these days and plenty of times I feel he could do a better job than some of the so called professionals that have worn the shirt over the last five miserable seasons!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tomogull wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 21:04 A usual sensible and logical post from Forever. Yes - things are an embarrassment, shambles, shit show, toxic mess from top to bottom at Plainmoor. But let's just wait and see who is appointed as manager and give whoever it is a chance, shall we?
Are you mad?!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

nickbrod wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 21:06 Are you mad?!
No he's not mad, are G.I going to pay out for the best manager, and give him 1 million pounds to spend on a team, no, no they're not, we all know that, I take on board and respect everyone's opinions, all some are saying is, wait to see who they appoint and judge them on results and performances, think that's fair enough opinion for anyone to hold.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 18:26 The last thing i read about GI was in the Swindon rag although it was back in May. They claim the new stadium HAS BEEN BUILT but it's at port in Port Talbot waiting because there is a drainage issue at the site that should have been sorted in April. They cannot provide any photos of the stadium frame or anything that is claimed to be in Port Talbot but just to blame a pesky drainage issue as to the reason why it can't be erected at the moment.

Those pesky drainage issues eh?

Football fans don't 'deserve' anything except what they get then choose to accept. Football fans need to make decisions now and again based on what their head is telling them rather than their hearts and this is one such occasion.

If anyone bothered to look at my post a few months ago. you would have seen photographs which showed what GI had done at Swindon. Even as close as The end of April Gi said the stadium was going to open in June. yet nothing had been done. I bet if you went to Port Talbot there would be nothing there. Anyone can pose with a couple of concrete thingies. (don't really know what to call them as no one really knows apart from HI what the heck they really were) If there had been any real intention of putting a stadium there. wouldn't there be at least evidence of footings. drains and all the basic foundational efforts at building a stadium. Sorry, there is no evidence there at all. no machinery. no digging. no concrete footings. nothing to show that prefabricated concrete sections are ready to be installed and that is the very least I would expect if they had got to a position to find out that they had drainage problems.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 21:06 Are you mad?!
Yes Nickbrod - I probably am. Along with the other 1800+ who went along to Plainmoor on a rare glorious summer's afternoon expecting to see a glimmer of entertaining football but the only entertainment we got was a guy wearing sandals winning the crossbar challenge and a goal conceded that you wouldn't believe in a Laurel & Hardy film. 'Another fine mess'

But I've been trudging up to Plainmoor for over 60 years and I shall be at the Chester game. I will give GI a little leeway to appoint an experienced manager because this is what is now urgently needed. If they fail to do so, I will seriously consider my options for a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening ..........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 20:52 :goodpost: :goodpost:

I agree lets see who they appoint and see if he can change things.
I agree with Forever and Arcadia. Just to lighten the doom and gloom a little, here is a little tale for Arcadia from the book about Brian Clough I'm reading. It's not off topic Lucyx2 - it's about managers ! After a match, Cloughie marched one of his players back out to the pitch. He started looking around and said "It must be here somewhere, where is it?" The bemused player replied "Where's what?". Cloughie: "The feckin hole you disappeared into for 90 minutes this afternoon". Priceless !
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Still enjoy your posts tomo. A guy in sandals winning the crossbar challenge! :lol: Jesus Christ :Oops:

I disagree with some of them but you come across as a fair and reasonable bloke not too quick to judge others. A quality i'd like to nurture in myself.

Can't say i agree with continued attendance without question but every fan has the right to do what they think is the right thing.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 00:59 Still enjoy your posts tomo. A guy in sandals winning the crossbar challenge! :lol: Jesus Christ :Oops:

I disagree with some of them but you come across as a fair and reasonable bloke not too quick to judge others. A quality i'd like to nurture in myself.

Can't say i agree with continued attendance without question but every fan has the right to do what they think is the right thing.
Cheers, Andy. I do my best to be fair and reasonable, and bring a bit of light relief to the Forum from time to time, but you may have noticed in recent months that one poster gets up my nose ! I've now decided to ignore his juvenile posts. I hope thinga are better for you now as I remember you were going through a rough time back along.

We sure miss your pre-match posts. I and many others looked forward to them each week. You don't get much luck with your teams, do you? Torquay - a badly run club, and you were obviously the kiss of death for poor ol' York !!! ;-)