We deserve better than this!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

We deserve better than this!!

Post by SatNav »

I've been a Torquay fan for many years now and have taken in a fair few games over the years. This must be one of the most depressing periods we have had to endure and some of the recent results have been embarrassing.

My wife recently bought me the new home shirt as an anniversary gift; I'm ashamed to ever wear it at the moment. My colleagues know I support Torquay and I'm proud to be a 'real football' fan but I'm finding this very difficult to endure.

I rarely post on this forum as there is so much negativity, although I can't blame people for being so dismayed. It feels like there is a huge cancer spreading through our beloved club. I live in Bristol and cannot even contemplate having to watch Torquay against teams like Weston-Super-Mare and Bath!!

I feel for all my fellow supporters, many like me have forgotten what it feels like to win a football match. Having watched the Harrop interview the other day there seemed to be no urgency regarding recruitment of a new manager. I felt like we had to win one of the bank holiday fixtures and we have lost both!! I agree with the suggestion that the club is a far less attractive proposition after such an abysmal start to the season.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if a manager is not appointed before the weekend!! Herrera has shown that he is completely out of his depth. I'm sick of listening to the same bullsh!t excuses that we hear after every game. Some of the pre-season signings are liabilities; the incoming manager will have there work cut out!!

Apologies for a negative post, but it's pretty shite being a Torquay fan right now. Even my 10 year old son, who is the most staunch supporter,is beginning to comment on what a joke we are!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A very good post - there is no need to apologise. I feel sorry for those who turned up at Woking today who lets face it are another completely bog average side and we have been hammered again.

Numpty Dumpty Herrrera is showing what a total plank he is. Three games in charge three defeats. Completely and utterly clueless just like the idiot Nicholson who was in charge before.

I don't actually blame you for not wanting to wear the shirt - who in their right mind would. We just spiral one way and that's downwards. Yet after the Solihull defeat Numpty Dumpty was still trotting out the same old shite about us doing well this season. What a prize burke that bloke is.

No it wouldn't surprise me if he was still in charge on Saturday either - what self respecting manager in their right mind would come here.

And our chief deluded ex fool Nicholson still thinks that whoever inherits these players has "won the lottery". It would actually be funny if it didn't make you sick.

All I can say to this bunch of useless pillocks masquerading as pro footballers, Harrop, Hedges, Herrera, Rich and Osborne is

"**** THE LOT OF YOU, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF OUR TIME"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie is right again - the problem is, as he says, convincing any manager of any worth to come to TUFC. Talk about a poisoned chalice!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Quite agree with everything above - I've been a supporter for 45 years and I can't remember a worse time for the club. The team is rubbish, confidence is completely shot and the scores are utterly embarrassing. words cannot express my anger, disappointment and frustration at this sorry state of affairs. Why the hell has a new manager not ben appointed after 2 weeks??!! Why on earth didn't the club have someone lined up if they thought Nicho was rubbish. I'm afraid the new owners have shown themselves to be totally out of their depth when it comes to running a professional football club. A complete and utter shambles, an absolute disgrace.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I agree with the above comments. We have become a farce of a club, every team's whipping boy. The club's owners & management staff give all the appearance of not caring a toss. It breaks my heart to see the club I have supported for over 50 years falling to such depths. A loss to Woking was a racing certainty, how awful is that? I see no way back, no matter who manages the club now. I blame a number of individuals, some still at the club, some departed. They know who they are, **** the lot of you.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

SatNav, my 13 year old said to me after Saturdays game, I don't want to come here anymore we never win and it makes me sad!! You can hardly blame anybody for not wanting to attend. After the 3rd goal went in today I turned the radio off.
Its hard to disagree with Brucie's post. We are at the lowest I can ever remember.
Its going to take something spectacular to turn this around.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

GI capitals intentions are clear you only have to look at their history to see what they've done in the past to realise that.
All we can do is draw attention to their actions. It maybe to late already but this maybe the last chance we get to actually do something United.

Stop attending home games cut off their operating capital and draw attention to these scumbags. I know full well there are folk, good loyal supporters that will disagree but what else can we do to make them think, make councilors think about the consequences off giving GI a free reign to bulldoze as they please.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 18:11 GI capitals intentions are clear you only have to look at their history to see what they've done in the past to realise that.
All we can do is draw attention to their actions. It maybe to late already but this maybe the last chance we get to actually do something United.

Stop attending home games cut off their operating capital and draw attention to these scumbags. I know full well there are folk, good loyal supporters that will disagree but what else can we do to make them think, make councilors think about the consequences off giving GI a free reign to bulldoze as they please.
I have a lot of sympathy with this view. This would need a well organised campaign to draw the attention of the public to what is really going on at TUFC. This means a lot of work and time, who would do this? TUST? I can't help but see our abject failure as part of GI's plan, how else are we supposed to interpret it?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

The last thing i read about GI was in the Swindon rag although it was back in May. They claim the new stadium HAS BEEN BUILT but it's at port in Port Talbot waiting because there is a drainage issue at the site that should have been sorted in April. They cannot provide any photos of the stadium frame or anything that is claimed to be in Port Talbot but just to blame a pesky drainage issue as to the reason why it can't be erected at the moment.

Those pesky drainage issues eh?

Football fans don't 'deserve' anything except what they get then choose to accept. Football fans need to make decisions now and again based on what their head is telling them rather than their hearts and this is one such occasion.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Won the lottery !!! What matched 3 numbers for a tenner...its about all the worth and I'll expect some loose change back
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I already stated that after the Solihull debacle my days going to Plainmoor are numbered but will listen on the radio until we are 2-0 down. Well it did not take long to switch the radio off today. I reiterate from my previous post that while I am 'Torquay Til I Die', my non-attendance will in fact be a protest of withdrawing Club revenue (my matchday entry fee) as the means for the club ( GI ) to recognise there is a 'Elephant in the Room'.

While I protest with a heavy heart, enough is enough. The commenter on Radio Surrey was indicating that Woking should bag all three points against a bottom of the league side destined for relegation and a Solihull supporter on their forum at the weekend summed it up nicely "well at least we can beat a team at the bottom of the league". What has happened here? How can we have become the standing joke of the National League, a full-time professional club with a great history, massive support both home and away for non-league football, and a cracking ground and pitch compared to others grounds in this league.

I count myself as a good loyal supporter (for many a year) and was not expecting anything special this season but maybe mid-table with a few good home games to watch for my money. And here we are 7 games in, bottom of the league with the worst goal difference of all the clubs and a sacked manager.

I guess the next manager appointment will give an indication of our destiny. I'm hoping for the likes of Ronnie Moore or Paul Cox who will not be club puppets, but men in their own right who will demand new players, an a increase budget just to get us out of this mire.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I can't say that I was confident in seeing a really good side when I was planning my trip back to the UK, but everyone seemed to be really impressed with the signings that Nicho had made. When I attended the first home and away game of the season, I was shocked to see how bad these set of players are. I am still under the impression that the club, as a whole, can't attract the players that we need to push forward.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I understand eating to get the right man for the job...but it will be 2 weeks soon....doesnt take long to find a suitable manager does it.....

It's rotten to the core already in a relegation scrap....wont be long till it's below a 1000 turn up ....im sorry to say

We need to protest
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Totally agree with the sentiments being echoed here. We have become a joke, an embarrassment of a professional football club - although it breaks my heart to say it. Whereas I used to have fans of PAFC and ECFC taking the p*ss about us, it's even got to the stage where a Buckland Athletic supporting mate now seriously see us as rivals - and why wouldn't they given our respective positions in the pyramid. For all that has gone right at BAFC, it's the exact opposite at TUFC.

I know it's important to get the next managerial appointment right but still disappointing and extremely costly that it's taken as long as it has, particularly given that they (GI) must have known that there was every chance that Nicho would be jettisoned early if we got off to another poor start! It's an unfortunate fact that although it's only been just shy of two weeks, the fact is that during that time we have played THREE games and dropped NINE potential points against opponents who may well all end up battling to stay up - in many ways it would have been better to have played games against the better sides in this division and lost them, rather than against our (probable) relegation rivals. Not only that, but anybody we are talking to now, may either be having second thoughts or being lined up by someone else as we continue to faff around!

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the sacking of Nicho, it's clear that he has made some poor signings who may well be nice people, nice "characters" but too many are also the type who go missing when it comes to rolling up their sleeves for a relegation dogfight.

Whatever happens next, the new Manager has a hell of a job on his hands and the idea that he might feel that he "has just won the lottery" is quite simply totally delusional talk from Nicho.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Winning the lottery? It's not even the lucky dip! The whole club is a total shambles.