Nicholson interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

hector wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 00:41 What Nico was always very good at was playing the media game. Accessible, friendly, heart-on-his-sleeve and likeable, his (unadvisable) forays onto Facebook, sometimes within an hour of yet another defeat, to plead his case usually resulted in his more sycophantic supporters making excuses and tapping the mantra "In Kev we trust" into their reply. He had his biggest cheerleader, David Thomas wrapped around his finger - who remembers Thomas's first question to Paul Cox as to whether he'd considered Nicholson as a player-coach? Nicholson's not ready for that, came the insinuation from the panel, just 6 weeks or so before they make him manager.

So, whilst Nicholson's 'honest' post-match interviews, invariably distanced himself from the regular defeats, they increasingly blatantly blamed the players, to the extent that I was surprised that they were devastated that he'd gone.

The open letter and now this interview are just more of the same self-promotion and deflecting of blame. I hope he does well somewhere else - somebody suggested Barrow have a vacancy - but with Harrop hinting that he wants the next manager to be somebody who goes out and watches games amongst other things, I did wonder if that was a pointed dig at Nicholson, as there was talk that he didn't, although I seem to remember a family member suggesting he was not given the funds to do so. Kevin, needs to move on now. He has had his say and I'm not sure it has necessarily helped him make his case, other than in the eyes of his most devoted of disciples - I can't help but think the public hand-wringing will only make prospective chairman a little wary.
:goodpost:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

great post, spot on... KN was great with words, sh** manager