Nicholson interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Nicholson interview

Post by lucy6lucy »

He seems optimistic for his future, so come on what are the naughty things he can't say that I'm sure a few on here can :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41048013
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

He's only asked one question and he doesn't answer it ~ "Why do think you are no longer Torquay United manager?"

With his team bottom of the league with just one point, a bunch of sick notes signed and unusable he goes on his journey of self pity and self promotion. The only **** promotion this club was ever likely to see with him around!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 19:37 He's only asked one question and he doesn't answer it ~ "Why do think you are no longer Torquay United manager?"

With his team bottom of the league with just one point, a bunch of sick notes signed and unusable he goes on his journey of self pity and self promotion. The only **** promotion this club was ever likely to see with him around!
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

More whinging from Nicholson. The guy really doesn't know when to shut up.Time for him to move on.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 19:37 He's only asked one question and he doesn't answer it ~ "Why do think you are no longer Torquay United manager?"

Criticising someone for self promotion? Tad ironic
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I'm not looking for a job though am I!
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

What exactly should he have said haha? He's hardly going to do an interview and explain how he's an awful manager, mention mistakes he's made in the past and put himself down.

Give the guy a break!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

He shouldn't even be giving an interview
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 21:53 He shouldn't even be giving an interview
Why should he not be allowed to give an interview?
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

Come on then Merse, explain why he shouldn't be giving an interview?!?!?
I live for matchdays!!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

leetufc wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 22:47 Why should he not be allowed to give an interview?
I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to; I'm saying he should just walk away and keep his head down ~ it's not as if his team wasn't bottom of the league with only one point was it!

He should have been expecting the sack just as he was last season when the position was dire. If he wants another management job he'd be better served not drawing attention to the state he's left the club in. He must have known it was coming when the final whistle blew after the Boreham Wood game and if he didn't then he truly is devoid of reality.

Are we better off than when he came in? No!
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

No we are not better off management wise than when he came in. BUT are we better off as a club as a whole than when he came in?? Well the answer to that is not clear, unless we are part of GI and know their intentions, and I don't believe anyone on this or any other forum is in a position to answer that.
However, KN is surely allowed to discuss and say whatever he feels necessary as long as it doesn't breach any part of his settlement and I for one would do exactly the same in his position if I felt it would keep my name in the limelight and potentially lead to a chance of my next employment. After all most of us need to earn a living to keep a roof over our families heads.
I live for matchdays!!!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 23:37 Are we better off than when he came in? No!
But once again, you ignore the total basket case TUFC has been off the field for five years or more. Until the club is being run in a professional manner off the field, there will be no success on the field, whoever the manager is.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What Nico was always very good at was playing the media game. Accessible, friendly, heart-on-his-sleeve and likeable, his (unadvisable) forays onto Facebook, sometimes within an hour of yet another defeat, to plead his case usually resulted in his more sycophantic supporters making excuses and tapping the mantra "In Kev we trust" into their reply. He had his biggest cheerleader, David Thomas wrapped around his finger - who remembers Thomas's first question to Paul Cox as to whether he'd considered Nicholson as a player-coach? Nicholson's not ready for that, came the insinuation from the panel, just 6 weeks or so before they make him manager.

So, whilst Nicholson's 'honest' post-match interviews, invariably distanced himself from the regular defeats, they increasingly blatantly blamed the players, to the extent that I was surprised that they were devastated that he'd gone.

The open letter and now this interview are just more of the same self-promotion and deflecting of blame. I hope he does well somewhere else - somebody suggested Barrow have a vacancy - but with Harrop hinting that he wants the next manager to be somebody who goes out and watches games amongst other things, I did wonder if that was a pointed dig at Nicholson, as there was talk that he didn't, although I seem to remember a family member suggesting he was not given the funds to do so. Kevin, needs to move on now. He has had his say and I'm not sure it has necessarily helped him make his case, other than in the eyes of his most devoted of disciples - I can't help but think the public hand-wringing will only make prospective chairman a little wary.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

tomogull wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 00:11 But once again, you ignore the total basket case TUFC has been off the field for five years or more. Until the club is being run in a professional manner off the field, there will be no success on the field, whoever the manager is.
Spot on tommo. Only the next few years will reveal this but Torquay fans should be prepared for a new manager coming in and him not making a blind bit of difference to league position. The club is dead from inside and no manager can thrive under those circumstances.