Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I shall be at Plainmoor on Saturday for the first of 3 consecutive Saturdays when we are at Home.

If ever we needed a win to lift the spirits of the players and the fans this must be it.

The players will be up for it I have no doubt and we as fans MUST back them. I am going for a 4-2 win.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 11:29 Think yourselves lucky it's Ray starting them and not me!😆 At least Rays are short and sweet and don't take on the form of war and peace in their lengthiness.
id rather have yours you mad b*stard!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 14:18

id rather have yours you........
Yes, I can well imagine ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 15:14 Yes, I can well imagine ;-)
Rude David. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

It is rather big and long though so i guess Dave is correct. :Oops:

You know? The matchday thread? :}
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Go on Andy, do the next one for old times sake. You know you want to! ;-)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

chunkygull wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 16:20 Go on Andy, do the next one for old times sake. You know you want to! ;-)
Haha! No can do chunks. (collective phew).

I'm only a passive Gulls fan now and won't watch another game until preferably the club is fan owned but i may consider it if some new owners came in who I could trust and thought they were absolutely genuine.

Not since Ling was sacked have I ever been able to trust anyone running this football club. They've all been complete bell ends by and large with the odd exception.

I want new owners who come in with ideas, innovative concepts and money. They say they will do summat and they do it for the mutual benefit of themselves and the football club.

Sadly whilst GI are still faffing around I'll keep my distance from Gulls games as attending games is a pointless exercise. Just think of all the time and money lots of you fans have invested in the club since relegation from the football league and all for nothing as year on year it still gets worse.

Torquay are now in a York City position. No matter who is brought in and which manager the club will still continue downwards as its poisonous and immoral.

So sadly I wouldn't feel in a position to do a match day thread and besides, I know bugger all about half of the village teams that frequent the league. Torquay are still run like a village team but only it's geographically a town.

The club needs gutting and rebooting and whether that's a new owner who is prepared to be honest with fans and instigate change from tin pot staleness to aspirational achievement on and off the pitch OR a phoenix club, I ain't going nowhere near a Torquay game til GI f*ck off and sell to owners with complete integrity.

Soz chunks.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 17:01 Haha! No can do chunks. (collective phew).

I'm only a passive Gulls fan now and won't watch another game until preferably the club is fan owned but i may consider it if some new owners came in who I could trust and thought they were absolutely genuine.

Not since Ling was sacked have I ever been able to trust anyone running this football club. They've all been complete bell ends by and large with the odd exception.

I want new owners who come in with ideas, innovative concepts and money. They say they will do summat and they do it for the mutual benefit of themselves and the football club.

Sadly whilst GI are still faffing around I'll keep my distance from Gulls games as attending games is a pointless exercise. Just think of all the time and money lots of you fans have invested in the club since relegation from the football league and all for nothing as year on year it still gets worse.

Torquay are now in a York City position. No matter who is brought in and which manager the club will still continue downwards as its poisonous and immoral.

So sadly I wouldn't feel in a position to do a match day thread and besides, I know bugger all about half of the village teams that frequent the league. Torquay are still run like a village team but only it's geographically a town.

The club needs gutting and rebooting and whether that's a new owner who is prepared to be honest with fans and instigate change from tin pot staleness to aspirational achievement on and off the pitch OR a phoenix club, I ain't going nowhere near a Torquay game til GI f*ck off and sell to owners with complete integrity.

Soz chunks.
but apart from that, you will do the next one then? :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Don't even know who Torquay have got after this game anyway. Fair play to you though Chris. I know you've been down Painmoor a few times in the last few years from sunny Barnsley and some away games too. It's not easy keeping up your support when there is so much catastrophically wrong with a football club.

I was up tahn way last week anyway. Went to Cannon Hall Farm. Bloody loved it and only about 35 minutes it took. Also popped into Elsecar Heritage Centre and Wentworth whilst waiting for the kid at her nans. Been Wentworth hundreds of times though. Barnsley actually isn't that bad mate! Haha!

My mate got a season ticket last season at Oakwell and has renewed which is odd as he's a right tight arse. Always gives me updates on Angus and likes Heckys approach in buying from the bottom and developing players.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 17:43 Don't even know who Torquay have got after this game anyway. Fair play to you though Chris. I know you've been down Painmoor a few times in the last few years from sunny Barnsley and some away games too. It's not easy keeping up your support when there is so much catastrophically wrong with a football club.

I was up tahn way last week anyway. Went to Cannon Hall Farm. Bloody loved it and only about 35 minutes it took. Also popped into Elsecar Heritage Centre and Wentworth whilst waiting for the kid at her nans. Been Wentworth hundreds of times though. Barnsley actually isn't that bad mate! Haha!

My mate got a season ticket last season at Oakwell and has renewed which is odd as he's a right tight arse. Always gives me updates on Angus and likes Heckys approach in buying from the bottom and developing players.
Did you purposely leave the L, out of plainmoor, :clap:
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I meant every word Luce.

Well.........every letter in this case. Lol
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 17:48 Did you purposely leave the L, out of plainmoor, :clap:
Freudian slip..... :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Andy, used to love your Matchday threads, mate! Those were the days!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I predict TUFC will win 4-1. Any victory will be immediately followed by a Facebook post by Nicho insisting he knew the players were good, if only he was given more time. Harrop will say that the players raised their game because he is about to/has appointed a new manager. And on Twitter we will moan that despite winning 4-1 our defence did not have a clean sheet.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 18:55 Andy, used to love your Matchday threads, mate! Those were the days!
In actual fact Danny, those were the best of days of my football attending life. Shame they had to stop because of a succession of pathetic, weak minded, greedy and selfish men responsible for the club since Knill took over as manager. (With a couple of exceptions like Breedy and some of those guys who had to step in on a temporary basis when the club needed it).

I don't necessarily want those days back but more a club and owners i'm proud and honoured to support run by owners who are also proud and honoured to support the club and also me as a fan. It will be a long time before that happens.If ever.