Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

KingsGull1983 wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 15:49 To be honest yes I would go for Tully, performed very well at Truro which was cut short. They haven't done nearly as well since he has left.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Please no ex players this time. It would feel more impartial
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The appointment of the New Manager will tell us everything about Gaming International and will probably confirm our worst fears.

So hope I am wrong.

Thursday morning Press Conference? Silly me GIL don't do Press Conferences.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brooker wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 16:44 I can't see him running to jump in Kev's grave.
He's only been sacked not assassinated; get a grip!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

SenorDingDong wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 16:59 The only reason Tully did well he nicked Rogers and Joyces players because he had more money. :-D

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

chunkygull wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 16:16 I've heard Chris Hargreaves is high on the list. No, I'm not joking! Wish I was. :no:
That is what I was not saying thought it might get the blood boiling my contact at Rovers did not know.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Can't help but think that Wilkinson is a cheap and clever cop-out option by GI. He won't cost them a lot and, as he isn't an ex-player, will get the support from the majority of fans. Another legend would clearly show GI's full intentions.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 19:01 Can't help but think that Wilkinson is a cheap and clever cop-out option by GI. He won't cost them a lot and, as he isn't an ex-player, will get the support from the majority of fans. Another legend would clearly show GI's full intentions.
From the names so far that's my choice, but me thinking could be someone not been mentioned. I think this will be show the ambitions or lack of it. Hope it's not the latter.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 19:04 From the names so far that's my choice, but me thinking could be someone not been mentioned. I think this will be show the ambitions or lack of it. Hope it's not the latter.

That is why I am led to believe that it is a very clever appointment by GI. It seems ambitious because it's not a third ex-player in a row as manager, but in reality it's a cheap option.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 19:08
[highlight=yellow]That is why I am led to believe that it is a very clever appointment by GI[/highlight]. It seems ambitious because it's not a third ex-player in a row as manager, but in reality it's a cheap option.
no matter who it is, it wont be "clever" - if they don't have NL experience it will be GI showing their true hand.
its obvious what TUFC now needs in terms of a manager.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If it is Wilkinson, I don't necessarily think it's the cheap option. A lot of people on here are/were clamouring for an ambitious manager from a rung or two below, and this could be it.

You can't argue with Wilkinsons record with Hungerford, and the squad of players he's got doesn't look on paper like he had a massive budget to splash. If he was highly regarded, I wouldn't expect him to be cheap.

I'd be behind this appointment if it happens. Ticks enough boxes for me
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 19:01 Can't help but think that Wilkinson is a cheap and clever cop-out option by GI. He won't cost them a lot and, as he isn't an ex-player, will get the support from the majority of fans. Another legend would clearly show GI's full intentions.
indeed, i take your points, equally though, would he be a cheap and clever cop out if he somehow turned this bunch into a mid-table/top half team? Surely this would be better than bringing in Tulley? Or even worse, Hargreaves (I rated him as a player)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 19:27 no matter who it is, it wont be "clever" - if they don't have NL experience it will be GI showing their true hand.
its obvious what TUFC now needs in terms of a manager.
WOW - I take it you work in Football HR
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arrywithanh wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 20:09 WOW - I take it you work in Football HR
no im just a poster on a fans forum....
unlike you who changes their mind more often than their underwear.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 20:16 no im just a poster on a fans forum....
unlike you who changes their mind more often than their underwear.
I change that quite often too...