Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Or perhaps it is Clarke Osborne who has decided that Harrop should be Director of Football.

Perhaps he has deemed that Harrop should oversee the football side because of the money that was wasted by the previous manager as an example on players who were not fit when they signed eg Davis and Clarke for starters.

Have the signings of Cole, Dowling, the French keeper and Efete (who looks like he could be another useful aquisition) been better than the likes of Haworth, Fallon, Davis, Myles Anderson, Klukowski

I would suggest they have been so on that note someone somewhere has made an improvement.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Indeed, I could make 5000 posts and merely repeat the same nonsense.
TUST number 080
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Dazza wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:06 I read somewhere that Cole was Herrera's suggestion. If he somehow we won tomorrow I suspect said Robbie would be there until Christmas.
Why? What would be accomplished by this?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Lloyder5 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:09 Indeed, I could make 5000 posts and merely repeat the same nonsense.
You don't need to. You've achieved the same result but in 570.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 11 Sep 2017, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

If club just same out and said what's what we could move on happy or unhappy but move on neathertheless.
Maybe there just running us down that much we would be happy with just anyone
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Don't worry Jerry we have to win first..
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jerry wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:06 I'm a l ttle confused at the suggestion that Harrop's plan all along has been to be director of football. Why would he need some sort of Machiavellian plan to accomplish this? Why would he not just simply appoint himself to the role in the first place?
He can't get anyone to work with him!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

arcadia wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:24 He can't get anyone to work with him!
Nonsense. If all he cared about was being DOF he could have appointed any number of nodding dogs to be Head Coach under him by now.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:16 You don't need to. You've achieved the same result but in 570.
Easy tiger!
Merely supporting the notion that volume of posts doesn't necessarily equate to validity, legitimacy or entitlement
TUST number 080
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:03 no offence sunshine, but you've made the grand sum of 44 posts.....
im not saying that you are not a devoted fan either....
andy has made in his time more total posts than me regarding our club and has been to several games including some with me.
if you don't like his opinion, then either block him or ignore his posts.
thanks.

none taken sunshine. 44 posts.... so what. Your mate Andy should stick to talking about his beloved York.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Lloyder5 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 22:38 Easy tiger!
Merely supporting the notion that volume of posts doesn't necessarily equate to validity, legitimacy or entitlement
:-D

Fair play Lloyder5.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

20664139_1376730549089025_3533280717106037157_n.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:42 what do you mean jerry?
the fact that andy is getting told not to post or united has made 44 posts?
give me a bit of substance (and not guesswork) to work with.
cheers
I never said that he shouldn't post sunshine, just that he should stick to commenting about his own team
Last edited by United62 on 11 Sep 2017, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

forevertufc wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 19:41 There's a lot of anger and frustration about (understandable) part of me wonders whether there is a case here, of people letting their emotions get in the way of intellect.

I said right from the start, and I'll say it again, just wait, don't jump off the deep until we know, once the appointment is made, then we'll know if it's been shameful, disastrous, poorly handled situation on the part of the football club, I'm sure once the appointment is made, the circumstances behind it will soon become apparent.

If's true and the club are going after a manager that's contracted to another club, then there will be legalities, sensitivities, potentially protected negotiations; regards compensation, and a time line of when the manager will leave his role with one club and take up his position with another, these things can, and do take time at any level.

If's that not the case, and the club are just waiting to get Robbie his chance, or another former ex-player turns up, then, yes, we'll all have the right to jump off the deep end, after all Harrop did say the type of manager he was looking for, and if he doesn't deliver that, well then, hmmmm.

I've kept my powder dry on this subject, it's about the long term, if Harrop delivers the right manager, who in turn gets results, then those who didn't keep their powder dry are going to have eat more humble pie than Harrop ever could :)

I've found this process as frustrating as everyone else, and at times wondered where this is all leading,[highlight=yellow][highlight=yellow] also, thrust me, [/highlight][/highlight]if he doesn't deliver, then I'll be joining the rest of you.
Absolutely brilliant post Forever, but I will pass on thrusting you if thats alright. :Oops:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

998.jpg