Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just to clarify, my personal opinion was that snw took responsibility for his remarks so my original intention was to leave it as written. However, I've realised that the forum should come first and have edited so as to retain the original intent but without the offending comments.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I know you don't like G Harrop Dave but I think most managers would have worked under a form of that system whatever their job title. The previous Board didn't pretend to have any managerial experience and KN was engaged on the basis of being responsible for practically everything. Times have changed and much as appointments made by GI may be queried by most the theoretical structure is unquestionably a better one. I suspect more detective work on Head Coaches that GH knows or may have worked with might be an interesting exercise while we run into week 5 of the long wait.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't like or dislike Harrop. What I dislike are the methods he's been using since I first warned everyone what he was up to. That was before he even came back to the club. This debacle is all to do with his personal ambition and the difficulty finding someone prepared to work within that setup.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 20:06 Really! You're not a Torquay fan, you've proved that beyond doubt by sodding off elsewhere in the past because you had 'issues' with our club. Others may have taken you back into the fold, but you (IMHO) irritate the hell out of me with your thoughts about our club.

:red:
no offence sunshine, but you've made the grand sum of 44 posts.....
im not saying that you are not a devoted fan either....
andy has made in his time more total posts than me regarding our club and has been to several games including some with me.
if you don't like his opinion, then either block him or ignore his posts.
thanks.
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 11 Sep 2017, 21:06, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Mr. Southampton has done the right thing here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 20:43 Just to clarify, my personal opinion was that snw took responsibility for his remarks so my original intention was to leave it as written. However, I've realised that the forum should come first and have edited so as to retain the original intent but without the offending comments.
er smw dave....
not (me) SNW.... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It better be good what they come up with...i do understand things like finance ECT.
But this lack of communications seems rediculous
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:03 if you don't like his opinion, then either block him or ignore his posts.
thanks.
I had no idea you could do that. Amazing and recommended!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:03
no offence sunshine, but you've made the grand sum of 44 posts.....
im not saying that you are not a devoted fan either....
andy has made in his time more total posts than me regarding our club
How is this relevant?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jerry wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:26 How is this relevant?
what do you mean jerry?
the fact that andy is getting told not to post or united has made 44 posts?
give me a bit of substance (and not guesswork) to work with.
cheers

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

RussianGull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:18 I had no idea you could do that. Amazing and recommended!
glad to be of assistance. :)

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So Dave - presumably you are saying that Harrop will be Director of Football (and presumably will be General Manager as well) - and the new bloke will be "head coach".

Basically I am not sure what Harrops title's actually mean though. Presumably the coach picks the team. What does the term "director of football" actually mean though. Clearly Harrops in overall charge in any case.

Perhaps that won't be a bad thing in any case. When we were in desperate need of a left back Nicholson signed Haworth (who is a winger) - for whatever reason the signing of Chinua Cole (a proper left back, has addressed one glaring weakness in the team)

Maybe if this structure had been in place before the manager would not have been allowed to sign at least four unfit for purpose players.

It maybe a bad thing as you say - but again we don't know. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:42 what do you mean jerry?
the fact that andy is getting told not to post or united has made 44 posts?
give me a bit of substance (and not guesswork) to work with.
cheers
Well as I never mentioned Andy... :}

The number of posts someone has made (either large or small) has no bearing on the validity of their opinions
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I'm a l ttle confused at the suggestion that Harrop's plan all along has been to be director of football. Why would he need some sort of Machiavellian plan to accomplish this? Why would he not just simply appoint himself to the role in the first place?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I read somewhere that Cole was Herrera's suggestion. If he somehow we won tomorrow I suspect said Robbie would be there until Christmas.