Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

SMW is 100% correct!! Harrop is showing himself up for exactly the kind of guy he is!!

He doesnt give a shit, so much so, even Stevie Wonder could see what he's up to! We're going down the pan, and he'll be laughing his lardy behind all the way to the bank!!!!
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

If there are unwritten rules as you say, then IMO they are not rules. Until somebody tells me otherwise I will act, do and so as I suggest, if you have a problem with that then you can choose to ignore my messages. It is in my own interest to demonstrate some passion because I am not one to just see my club fall, so I hope Geoff reads this so he's aware what a total *****g SH*t he is being...
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

gateman49 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 17:12 smw1989, I don't know you but comments such as yours show you up for what you are rather than anything else.

In my book such statements have no place in this forum. If you want to criticise, fair enough but do so in a constructive way.
The salad thing in the summer clearly got his back up so if calling him a shit gets his attention then great! It's a bit late for being constructive, I dunno about you but I want Torquay to still exist in a few years time and I'm worried it won't with these lot in charge.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

I'm not going to name names but I have been in direct contact with someone directly associated today to voice my frustration and try and find out what's going.

If what I was told is correct then the outcome could still be positive (even though it's taken too long). If what I told was correct then we are close to employing a head coach with experience as a head coach/manager in this league and above and someone who looks to play good football.

This person has also never been associated to the club. Reading between the lines they may not be in place by Tuesdays game but should be before the end of the week at the latest. They will also have a decent budget to work with.

I'm not saying that what I have been told isn't complete crap but it was from a direct source and the conversation was positive enough for me to go believe what was being said, I hope my gut to believe this is correct.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I'm with Gateman and Wivelgull on the Harrop abuse I'm afraid - it offends me to see such invective on this forum. Harrop may well be struggling to find a suitable manager but no-one should have to suffer that kind of abuse, and it really doesn't help our club in the least.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Disagree
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

smw1989 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 18:21Disagree
This why it's a forum, but I disagree with your vulgar comments regarding harrop, to say you dislike harrop is fine, but your post crossed the line
Lucy
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

budegull1954 wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 18:10 I'm with Gateman and Wivelgull on the Harrop abuse I'm afraid - it offends me to see such invective on this forum. Harrop may well be struggling to find a suitable manager but no-one should have to suffer that kind of abuse, and it really doesn't help our club in the least.
Agreed. To me any comments or criticism should be based upon professional competence and not personal attributes

Whilst I've been the first to voice my opinion on his professional failing, the man is still a human being and personal hatred should not be accepted or tolerated on this or any forum
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I agree it's wrong...its too far ......

.i call him fat to be honest because I understand he got a bit upset with that while back ...im upset So that's as far as I would take it.
Call his integrity into question and call him a prick i think is fine....

But i think post sounded far to string

Problem is it now makes people kinda feel sorry in a way for him however I do feel this he taken the piss now and I'm disgusted at bloody lot of them. WHAT A WAY TO TREAT THE FANS. ... NO MONEY SPENT AT PLAINMOOR FOR ME FOR A WHILE
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Having called Geoff a tosser I am probably in no position to judge but four lines of abuse without any other content oversteps the mark. At least put something constructive in the message.

In my opinion that message should be removed it doesn't really do anyone any favours.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Must of us are frustrated but come on mods do the decent thing here.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

have to agree as well, nobody should have to take this sort of abuse, yes the club is in a mess and I'm as angry as anyone that it has taken so long to sort a new manager, but there is no place on here for that sort of abuse, he doesn't deserve that.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

How many Harrops does it take to recruit a manager?
Very similar to the Light bulb joke, me thinks!

This has been a shameful process and is taking an abnormally long time, indicating to me at the very least that one or more managers have turned down the poison chalice,when offered.

We are now going into our 5 game without a manager, having amassed 2 home points from a possible 12.

Our incompetent management have gifted teams fighting relegation a game head start on us.

3 home points gained and 1/5th of the season completed, gawd help us!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Personally I can understand the frustrations surrounding Harrop and his recruitment process. However, as soon as anybody gets too angry, everyone starts to show disapproval for naughty words and aggressive attitudes.

The Torquay United fanbase is nice.

Sadly, that is why this club will eventually die. No bollocks to get nasty.

Harrop was sat in the box on Saturday and not one chant in his direction. Nothing.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The problem is there is alack of trust and we will not believe this until it happens. I heard the same Saturday that an experienced manager is looking for a house by Wednesday but the situation we are in why is'nt he in charge tomorrow.

Then the old adage that Harrop will let Herrera do the job and he'll pick up the pieces if he fails as he clearly fancies doing the job.

It would have been better if they had employed a manager after a week and perhaps been in a better position than we are in. I think a lot of us believe we could do a better job than the ones that have had the job. :-D