Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Now that David Thomas is pushing the fact that Robbie Herrera's TWO points out of 15 is a 'good job', how long before this interim arrangement is confirmed as a longer-term 'interim arrangement'?

The club have this old fossil in their pocket. If Thomas had any gumption about him, he'd be rocking this scandalous vessel instead of finding excuses to avoid courting any controversy. What is happening at our club is outrageous but where is Thomas in all this? Saying what a good job someone is doing who has yet to win and has two draws to their name.

I have no personal issue with Herrera, but appointing him would condemn us to relegation but don't expect the Herald to come out with anything to contradict what the club do or say.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Harrop is manipulating things nicely. If he wasn't intent on being DoF and influencing team selection we might have already seen someone in the job by now. Herrera would be easy for him to "influence".
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is it possible that he could "influence" Numpty to win a game then. Tosser

(Harrop I mean - not you)
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Still no appointment...?!

I hope the next official communication from the club will either be confirmation of the new managerial appointment or at least a committed timescale...

It does seem like they are hanging on for Herrera to get his first win!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 15:33It does seem like they are hanging on for Herrera to get his first win!
a manager-less season it is then!

If this wasn't so tragic, I'd laugh.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
popside_lad
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by popside_lad »

With us having a game tomorrow I wasn't convinced we would have new manager today as no time to work with players so kinda pointless. I hope today the club privately get it all wrapped up and then announce it Tuesday night after the match or Wednesday morning
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Nah it's not happening , longer it drags on the more in deep shit we are becoming. Hardly seems fair for a new manager to start so far back
We must be a bloody laughing stock

I bleeding hate being negative but how can you be positive ...
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

They are going to wait until we are so far behind on points, that no matter who comes in it is to late, and we eventually die. Step 1 of 5 year building plan done.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think it was unlikely that we would have announced a manager between the Wrexham and Bromley games.

For Thomas to suggest that Herrera is doing a good job is nothing short of scandalous really. The last two after match interviews with Herrera seem to focus on how we have "gained" two points.

There is nothing about us being marooned at the bottom of the table - completely cast adrift of everybody else and if we don't start winning soon we will be relegated by Xmas.

No - two points at home against Chester and Wrexham is a bloody good achievement.

Thomas is a fecking dinosaur. Herrera isn't doing a good job in fact - he is an smidgeon above being bloody useless. 0 wins out of six including defeats against the equally useless Solihull and Guiseley.

In fact we have been lucky with injuries - I mean Klutosski, Gosling, Chaney, Lathrope (and Lavercombe) - lets hope they are all out for the season - now that would be a positive.

Any half decent manager worth his salt could quite easily sort this garbage out though. The league is bloody awful, there is hardly a decent team in it. Dover, Wrexham and Sutton in the top four - do me a favour there isn't a good team amongst them.

Quite how we manage to find ourselves festering at the bottom of this steaming dungpool of dross is beyond me really.

This really is ineptitude running wild.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

popside_lad wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 15:40 With us having a game tomorrow I wasn't convinced we would have new manager today as no time to work with players so kinda pointless. I hope today the club privately get it all wrapped up and then announce it Tuesday night after the match or Wednesday morning
It is pointless yes but if the new manager has been sorted then at least say so tomorrow and suggest that he will be in the crowd for the Bromley game even if he isn't. This may give the players a bit more to think about and think they might need to impress tomorrow in front of the new manager.

Even if the new man hasn't been sorted say he'll be in the crowd tomorrow and you might get an extra 10-20% out of the players which could make all the difference.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Just admit it, Harrop! You've **** up, haven't you?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Led us like idiots

Pretending you have a manager and hoping herrera does well enough to justify what you were going to all along.

Can't see it any other way

Harrop u fat waste of space. I'll support away games but not home
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Harrop,

You are a ***************** who paraded around plainmoor basically because you have a ********** You will never be trusted by us fans again and you can place anybody in charge, all the hate and anamosity will most definitely be aimed at you and your *********** you couldn't even run.........
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

smw1989, I don't know you but comments such as yours show you up for what you are rather than anything else.

In my book such statements have no place in this forum. If you want to criticise, fair enough but do so in a constructive way.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Gateman. Do we really need this kind of invective? Isn't it against all the (unwritten) rules of this Forum. Administrators should give this some thought.