Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

If a miracle does happen and an announcement is made tomorrow then presumably the new bloke won't have any input into preparing for the Bromley game. So that would be 6 games played without any manager over a period of time spanning nearly a month. You have to hand it to GI, they like playing the long game for sure.

Also seen many reports elsewhere that it's not Westley although some on here would have you believe they are 'in the know' and have no reason to believe it's not him.

I actually feel sympathy for the new manager. Not only is he under immediate pressure due to a huge points deficit thanks to GI arsing around and taking nigh on a month to get him in but also because of this he is expected to be a big enough name to justify the wait.

A lesser name won't get much time to win the fans over should results not suddenly improve.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yorkieandy wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 23:05 If a miracle does happen and an announcement is made tomorrow then presumably the new bloke won't have any input into preparing for the Bromley game. So that would be 6 games played without any manager over a period of time spanning nearly a month. You have to hand it to GI, they like playing the long game for sure.

Also seen many reports elsewhere that it's not Westley although some on here would have you believe they are 'in the know' and have no reason to believe it's not him.

I actually feel sympathy for the new manager. Not only is he under immediate pressure due to a huge points deficit thanks to GI arsing around and taking nigh on a month to get him in but also because of this he is expected to be a big enough name to justify the wait.

A lesser name won't get much time to win the fans over should results not suddenly improve.
Indeed, should it end up taking a month to get a Tully, Todd or Hodges, then it could end up being a bit of a death knell for many. The delay is because one hopes the wait is someone worth waiting for. For that to be dashed and end up with someone we could have easily recruited weeks ago would be quite devastating.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 23:18 Indeed, should it end up taking a month to get a Tully, Todd or Hodges, then it could end up being a bit of a death knell for many. The delay is because one hopes the wait is someone worth waiting for. For that to be dashed and end up with someone we could have easily recruited weeks ago would be quite devastating.
well if that is the case then it will show GI's real intentions as I and many others have mentioned on this thread before.....
and show that the "five year plan, new stadium, local board members and fans meetings" were all bo11ocks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

After this time I would expect a complete new setup
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

they were hoping a big enough name would sign up but I strongly suspect, as most applicant would have asked questions, (some of them may well have read our forums.) that some just ran. Leaving them with egg on their faces and only the cheap options. they seem to think running a football club is cheap. thereby playing into their hands that its not a viable option and housing is preferable.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Glostergull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 02:28 they were hoping a big enough name would sign up but I strongly suspect, as most applicant would have asked questions, (some of them may well have read our forums.) that some just ran. Leaving them with egg on their faces and only the cheap options. they seem to think running a football club is cheap. thereby playing into their hands that its not a viable option and housing is preferable.
Yes - this is what I suspect has happened as well.

If it was say, Ronnie Moore, he would have been appointed by now.

I suspect every candidate with a degree of credibility and gravitas has flicked two fingers at them and told them where to go.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Just watched the NL Highlights show.

Paul Cox asked why he went to Guisley , "move had raised a few eyebrows"! Said he had a chat with "a couple of clubs" , but went to Guisley because of their "ability to leave me to make the footballing decisions"

That could be the issue with TUFC.....Harrop wanting to be involved in the manager's role.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I can't really see how the club could appoint any of the Todd, Tully, Rogers brigade really. I guess that Osborne, Harrop and co are no mugs even if they lack credibility.

Surely one of the cheapo options would have been appointed weeks ago and Harrop would be laughed out of court if it has taken him a month to come up with any of these losers.

It seems to have gone on too long now though and I have given up hope that we will appoint a credible manager.

In the unlikely event that we win tomorrow I reckon Numpty Dumpty will be unveiled as the first team coach on Wednesday citing how he has turned things around with four points out of six.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Think gi are waiting for herrera to get a win then appoint him lol and say how great he has done lol

Osborne and Harrop are beginning to look fools aswell as idiots
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The number of pages will reach 100 before the Manager is appointed.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Frank de Boer looking for a new job.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Frank De Boer would be a great addition. Local lad and a TUFC legend. Plenty of NL experience and loads of contacts with local L1 and 2 clubs who want to loan out a good youth prospect.

He'd definitely turn down big European clubs to come and join us.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 09:56 Think gi are waiting for herrera to get a win then appoint him lol and say how great he has done lol

Osborne and Harrop are beginning to look fools aswell as idiots
I don't think you are far off the mark!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

This has been the plan all along.

He was 5 minutes away from being appointed when Chester equalized.

GI & Harrop think we are all mugs.

No shortlist, no interviews and no offer. Never going to happen. Robbie from day one.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yep prob just sounding a few people out, playing big man , Charlie big balls but when all said and done actually hasnt got the balls to even communicate with his own fans.
I have lost total trust and whoever it is , well to be honest if this how they operate, good luck to the new person or indeed if it is robbie.

Disgusting treatment of suffering fans.