Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I was at the training ground on friday and was actually quite impressed with Herrera,
he certainly was not quiet and seemed a good motivator. Maybe he will be a good no. 2 to the new manager
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Someone ( I know not who ) seems to have got 3 decent signings from somewhere.

If we are buying out a contract I suppose the most likely club might be Truro given connections with the Truro chair. That's not likely to please many but in actual fact looking at both National and National South tables tonight it's not impossible the clubs will pass one another next Spring..
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 20:06 I felt sorry for Herrera in that home box on his own. Hung out there for Merse and his mates to continue to slaughter. Can we now shut the hell up about Nicholson and his tyres and how quiet Herrera is and all the needless vitriol that runs with it and around it. A lot of people know a lot more about football than I do for sure but a life lesson I do know is that there is absolutely nothing to be learnt from exaggerated obsession with what is past. People do their best as they see it's really just as simple as that.
Good post, Dazza. And of course, the main protagonist never refers to the toxic basket case of a club off the field that Nicholson, Herrera and even Hargreaves have had work under.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jerry wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 21:02 A poster on BTPIR says that Harrop told him today that Westley isn't the new manager. Apparently it's someone under contract with another club.
You never know it could be Harops twin brother. :'(

:'(
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dazza wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 21:46 Someone ( I know not who ) seems to have got 3 decent signings from somewhere.

If we are buying out a contract I suppose the most likely club might be Truro given connections with the Truro chair. That's not likely to please many but in actual fact looking at both National and National South tables tonight it's not impossible the clubs will pass one another next Spring..
Wonder if it could be our salaried Head of Recruitment , who goes by the name of Dave Hedges (as you seem to have forgot). These signing admittedly have shown their metal in matches played to date but in the literal sense not sure two non-contract players and a loanee can be classified as good signings- More 'beggars cannot be choosers'.

The word 'Truro' has placed me into manic depression as I was hoping the club would prove me wrong and really were going to appoint a top class manager. I was secretly hoping to be proved wrong by the moronic clowns running the show, so I could quietly return to the fold. But alas I fear I will just have to await our promotion to the football league when we will be playing in our new stadium, as promised by our leader. Any idea how long I will be waiting?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

The latest red herring seems to be Kevin Wilkin, manager of Brackley Town, if you read the post on the other fans' forum. He doesn't seem to have had a huge amount of success in the past........
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

budegull1954 wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 09:07 The latest red herring seems to be Kevin Wilkin, manager of Brackley Town, if you read the post on the other fans' forum. He doesn't seem to have had a huge amount of success in the past........
Three promotions with Nuneaton town taking them from southern league div 1 midland division to the conference premier, fa trophy finalist with Wrexham.
No doesn't sound too successful compared to our last manager.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Anyway if you read the post referring to wilkin it is just speculation on behalf of the author.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 09:27 Three promotions with Nuneaton town taking them from southern league div 1 midland division to the conference premier, fa trophy finalist with Wrexham.
This was one of the most bizarre sackings of all time ! He took Wrexham to the F.A. Trophy final and lost to North Ferriby in extra time (I can't remember if the game was settled in extra time or if it went to penalties). Either way, it seemed a very strange dismissal, but we don't know what else was going on behind the scenes of couse.

As far as I'm concerned, he would be more acceptable than Graham Westley. I would have difficulty supporting a team managed by Westley and his cheating methods.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

From what i can find out, Wilkin exceeded all expectations whilst boss of Nuneaton guiding them to two promotions and into the NL. He then took over as boss of Wrexham which went badly although his record wasn't too bad and he was sacked after losing the FA Trophy final on penalties to North Ferriby.

On the one hand you could argue he made the step up and didn't get a fair crack of the whip but there is also that thought as to why, after his stock was high and after making that step up to Wrexham did he end up down at Brackley Town and not somewhere else in the NL.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

This might be total rubbish but I'm posting what I heard last night.

I was at a prominent local non league club, not TUFC before some bright spark says that.

I overheard a conversation between 4 people, One was the manager I think, a player, an official and someone else. I was not in the conversation and did not speak to them.

I heard the manager say " Oh so Robbie has the job then". From the conversation I could tell that they knew him.
TUST MEMBER
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Perhaps they were referring to the Assistant Manager's job - let's hope so. Point taken about Kevin Wilkin - obviously I didn't do enough research!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Maybe
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 10:04 This might be total rubbish but I'm posting what I heard last night.

I was at a prominent local non league club, not TUFC before some bright spark says that.

I overheard a conversation between 4 people, One was the manager I think, a player, an official and someone else. I was not in the conversation and did not speak to them.

I heard the manager say " Oh so Robbie has the job then". From the conversation I could tell that they knew him.
Are you sure they were talking about Torquay United?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Maybe they were talking about Robbie Savage....or Robbie Coltrane lol