Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wbw wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 17:35 If it is to be Graham Westley, then god help you.

http://twohundredpercent.net/100-owners ... ough-town/

He is the most crooked, obnoxious manager there has ever been. Makes Steve Evans look like a saint.
You probably should have added 'allegedly' but I agree with you - except nobody is worse than Fatty Evans. I was hoping for an experienced manager. We were told the names in the frame were Money, Moore and Cox, and now we've sunk down to Westley. However, if the rumours are true (and I hope they are not), he will fit in well with the other dodgy characters at Plainmoor at the present time.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Ex Premiership player Rio Ferdinand is to be announced at a press conference very shortly.

He was filtered through alongside Sol Campbell in order to choose Graham Westley. :keepie:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wonder where this does leave herrera...this Westley fella sounds like a for good or bad a stubborn focused self centre character. Possibly what we need

Prob work well as a number 2 , laying cones out ECT ect
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Herrera barely managed to lay cones....
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Chester Chronicle says Dino Maamria has "thrown his hat into the ring" for their job - seems like if you
haven't got a hat your chances are limited. Some interesting names on their list, Dean Saunders, Russ Willcox, no
mention of Graham Westley though.........
plus the usual bigger names that were on our list
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Just seen that Kevin Nicholson is there at 12/1 eleventh favourite!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Seriously don't understand some of this hate directed towards Robbie Herrera, Robbie is a thoroughly decent man, I've always found him to be honest, open, and very approachable, I've also be lucky enough to see him deliver a number of coaching sessions back in the youth academy days, he is a very good football coach, it's not his fault to have found himself in this position, why shouldn't an ambitious coach take an opportunity to work in first team football, I'd be delighted to see him kept at the club in a coaching role by the new manager, if we ever get one of course.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

forevertufc wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 10:42 Seriously don't understand some of this hate directed towards Robbie Herrera, Robbie is a thoroughly decent man, I've always found him to be honest, open, and very approachable, I've also be lucky enough to see him deliver a number of coaching sessions back in the youth academy days, he is a very good football coach, it's not his fault to have found himself in this position, why shouldn't an ambitious coach take an opportunity to work in first team football, I'd be delighted to see him kept at the club in a coaching role by the new manager, if we ever get one of course.
I don't disagree at all with that. I have no problem with him as our number 2.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

forevertufc wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 10:42 Seriously don't understand some of this hate directed towards Robbie Herrera
Dave.....how many more times; to 'hate' is nothing to do with being critical and boy does Herrera's record and association with the previous manager invite invite criticism.

I've really had it with people who read 'hate' into everything less than sycophancy. Time for everyone to get off this feckin' planet facebook and get real!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

forevertufc wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 10:42 Seriously don't understand some of this hate directed towards Robbie Herrera, Robbie is a thoroughly decent man, I've always found him to be honest, open, and very approachable, I've also be lucky enough to see him deliver a number of coaching sessions back in the youth academy days, he is a very good football coach, it's not his fault to have found himself in this position, why shouldn't an ambitious coach take an opportunity to work in first team football, I'd be delighted to see him kept at the club in a coaching role by the new manager, if we ever get one of course.
Very fair point and well made. I hope nobody would wish ill on him at all, he's been loyal to Torquay for many years and was a good player for the Gulls. His comment in the HE about Christmas etc. was unfortunate, and upset me & others when it came out, but in retrospect I feel he was probably just speaking off the cuff and may have been misquoted. I have found to my cost in the past that journalists often state what they want you to have said. Emotions amongst Gulls fans have not surprisingly been raised by the shenanigans at Plainmoor and we are consequently s ometimes overly critical of innocent people who have tried their best but not always succeeded.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

1 point from 15 and a assistant to a previous manager who has struggled is the reason for him being ridiculed when he says he will "have a go" till Christmas.

At no point have I read hate, top fullback in his day but personally I don't see anything in his time in the coaching set up to make me hope he stays on in some capacity to be honest. If he does as an assistant I don't have an issue with it as long as it's the managers choice and not forced upon him.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

desperado wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 10:31 Chester Chronicle says Dino Maamria has "thrown his hat into the ring" for their job - seems like if you
haven't got a hat your chances are limited.
As it is usually hairless men who wear hats to keep their heads warm (and as Merse pointed out he hasn't seen Herrera wearing a hat anywhere) - do we assume that the next manager will be bald?

I hope the club return all the other hats to their rightful owners!
davecaldwell
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by davecaldwell »

Seem to post on this forum every time a the managers job comes up, expectations never seem to be met and we go from manager to manager?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

merse btpir wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 11:10 Dave.....how many more times; to 'hate' is nothing to do with being critical and boy does Herrera's record and association with the previous manager invite invite criticism.

I've really had it with people who read 'hate' into everything less than sycophancy. Time for everyone to get off this feckin' planet facebook and get real!
Apologies, I accept the use of the word 'hate' was incorrect. However there's a world of difference between honest, constructive criticism and over the top, unjustified criticism delivered off the back of frustration, anger, or ignorance. And I have heard and seen written criticism that's falls into both the later, the bloke doesn't deserve that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

davecaldwell wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 17:25 Seem to post on this forum every time a the managers job comes up, expectations never seem to be met and we go from manager to manager?
Hiya Dave...match dvds remember me ?? Has your daughter grown big enough to watch them ??

Read last 10 pages Dave.. .it gets worse ...seems like it's this chap graham Westley..on face of it ok ..but with the owners and intentions it seems more than meets eye could be instore