Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Yes, many hats have been featured throughout the day as a little bit of fun at our assistant/caretaker managers expense. Robbie has finally qualified is remarks by ceremoniously, literally throwing in his hat. A sharp eyed photographer caught a snap of the moment and here is Robbies infamous hat -
index;LKJHG.jpeg
index;LKJHG.jpeg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 977 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This thread has completely degenerated into farce now.

Scott - you berate Harrop for being paid more than Nicholson and Herrera put together. Well is it any wonder? Neither of them have first clue as to how to get a team to win a game of football. Both of them were lucky to be paid anything at all.

Everyone is just trotting out the same old bollocks on here. Pictures of hats - its quite pathetic really.

Ultimately they will have to make an appointment and when they do they will either lose all semblance of credibility or they won't simply depending on who the new manager is.

Everyone is saying that they should have had a manager lined up when they fired Nicholson but I don't think they intended to sack him. Noone could foresee what a complete **** up he would make of it.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

brucie wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 22:35 This thread has completely degenerated into farce now.

Scott - you berate Harrop for being paid more than Nicholson and Herrera put together. Well is it any wonder? Neither of them have first clue as to how to get a team to win a game of football. Both of them were lucky to be paid anything at all.

Everyone is just trotting out the same old bollocks on here. Pictures of hats - its quite pathetic really.

Ultimately they will have to make an appointment and when they do they will either lose all semblance of credibility or they won't simply depending on who the new manager is.

Everyone is saying that they should have had a manager lined up when they fired Nicholson but I don't think they intended to sack him. Noone could foresee what a complete **** up he would make of it.
I'm with you Brucie, although I've probably posted my fair share of negative comments. I'm going to sign off after tonight as this is making me even more miserable (as if that's possible) I need to try and disengage from all things TUFC related. I'll read the post match stuff on Saturday but apart from that I need a breather...
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brucie wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 22:35This thread has completely degenerated into farce now.
Agreed; a load of hysterical codswallop. Nothing will reduce the crowds anymore than the pathetic attempts of this season's squad ~ Nicholson's squad ~ that got him the sack. He got them in and they got him out.........FACT!

Nothing that Herrera's squad has done so far will bring them back up.

That's why a quality manager is needed and it is painfully obvious that attempts so far to recruit one have fallen on the terms of the job and the state of the club added to the growing toxic reputation of the ownership. Protests and 'boycotts' will have absolutely no effect on what has already been done towards that and to be honest I reckon it is all now done and dusted.

Time to stop this debate from degenerating to the level that earned this forum the sobriquet of the Kiddies Site.

Grow up and get a pair!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Neal wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 21:31 The people who run football clubs, council, government and work are no better than any of us.

In some quarters they are held in high regard, like calling them professional. Mostly these people have got where they are by screwing other people, luck, brown nosing or just being in the right place at the time. They are no better at making decisions than any of us.

But in fact most of us are decent, honest, hard working people who wouldn't even think of screwing other people to make more money. We hold the high ground, our morals in tack. Not lying, deceiving and manipulating people for our own selfish, greedy and self centered ends.

Boycott now and stop making it worse. Because you are just helping them. You are not supporting the club, you are supporting them.
This is a sweeping statement, Neal, and in my opinion you are wrong. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I think most football clubs are run by dedicated people who love their club and are regularly dipping their hands into their pockets to keep their club afloat, especially teams outside the Premier or Champoinship. Now what football knowledge they might have is questionable. That is where they have to put their faith in the manager and his coaching staff.

Looking at some of our past chairmen - Tony Boyce, Lew Pope, Mike Bateson, Thea Bristow were not in it 'to screw other people to make more money'. They were there for their love of Torquay United, although i think Mike Bateson fell out of love towards the end of his time. True - they may not be any better at making decisions than any of us. But they are the ones who have put their heads above the parapet to keep the club going.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Come on guys a few people are just trying to lighten the mood and doom and gloom. It just comes from the fact we are all just pissed off, frustrated, annoyed, exasparated, fed up and dumb founded by the situation. Just like the song titles and coach in flames threads. We are all feeling the same its just a bit of humour in adversity is the British way isnt it.

Anyway, last one I promise, then we can get serious again. This hats for you Brucie.
khgfd.jpeg
khgfd.jpeg (6.58 KiB) Viewed 889 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Remember so very well mike bateson saying you could run the club in a modest way and draw a salary of 35000 a year which a reasonable wage by any means

Codepandant on the club doing well

Though landscape has changed though on football....
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

To put the managerial dilly-dallying into some form of context, we could have appointed, sacked and reappointed Leroy 3,096 times since Nicho was given the boot
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MuzDog wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 23:49 To put the managerial dilly-dallying into some form of context, we could have appointed, sacked and reappointed Leroy 3,096 times since Nicho was given the boot
:clap: :lol:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

chunkygull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 23:05 Come on guys a few people are just trying to lighten the mood and doom and gloom. It just comes from the fact we are all just pissed off, frustrated, annoyed, exasparated, fed up and dumb founded by the situation. Just like the song titles and coach in flames threads. We are all feeling the same its just a bit of humour in adversity is the British way isnt it.

Anyway, last one I promise, then we can get serious again. This hats for you Brucie.

khgfd.jpeg
Totally agree Chunks. It's called the kiddies site because many of us who use it have an inner kids immature sense of humour. That is nothing to be ashamed of and we should be proud to be this way. If you're 45 years old and can laugh at some of the immature stuff on here then that is great. The coach on fire thread sums this up. Burnhamgulls post on there made me piss myself laughing. There is nothing wrong with that. The TFF site is dull and too serious. Yes of course it's serious that TUFC is going down the sh#tter but there has to be an outlet. The outlet for most on here is either downright aggression and anger or surreal gallows humour. In most cases both. I don't read BTPIR (sorry merse) as you have to register and quite frankly i can't be arsed but the TFF site sends me into a coma. No joy amongst the gloom and seriousness on that site whatsoever.

Of course the situation at TQ1 is the worst it's ever been but going to the footy has always been about camaraderie, banter and having a laugh and i'd like to think this site brings that from the terraces and onto the internet.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

and Danny's post on the coach fire thread.

"RIP Coach. Thoughts and prayers to the seats and everything affected"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Effing ridiculous but funny as owt! :lol:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 00:15 I don't read BTPIR (sorry merse) as you have to register and quite frankly i can't be arsed
Yet to post on here you have to 'be arsed' to register, and you are a poster on here; am I not correct?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 00:15 Totally agree Chunks. It's called the kiddies site because many of us who use it have an inner kids immature sense of humour. That is nothing to be ashamed of and we should be proud to be this way. If you're 45 years old and can laugh at some of the immature stuff on here then that is great. The coach on fire thread sums this up. Burnhamgulls post on there made me piss myself laughing. There is nothing wrong with that. The TFF site is dull and too serious. Yes of course it's serious that TUFC is going down the sh#tter but there has to be an outlet. The outlet for most on here is either downright aggression and anger or surreal gallows humour. In most cases both. I don't read BTPIR (sorry merse) as you have to register and quite frankly i can't be arsed but the TFF site sends me into a coma. No joy amongst the gloom and seriousness on that site whatsoever.

Of course the situation at TQ1 is the worst it's ever been but going to the footy has always been about camaraderie, banter and having a laugh and i'd like to think this site brings that from the terraces and onto the internet.
You are actually missing out, Andy. I think if you could be bothered, you'd actually be pleasantly surprised.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

It's probably a bit more than that tbf. I don't see the need to be asked to register so I haven't. Lots of other clubs fans forums do it. You visit the site just wanting a browse of what's being said and you have to register for some reason.

I'd like to visit BTPIR to browse casually but can't as I am required to register. Therefore i stage my own mini protest and don't bother with sites who require this.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

When people say "we'll look back and laugh at this someday"

I always say "why wait? Laugh at it now and save yourself the pain!"

I think this is where we have got to.

I'm pleased the discussion has got a little lighter because I think their is actually very little left to say on the matter until the next step is taken by the club.

I don't believe that boycotting is the right action - the show must go on and the team need our support and to know we are behind them irrespective of what is happening off the field - I don't think our attendances are big enough at the minute to line anyone's pockets but if we can help keep the lights on I'm sure everyone will benefit in the long run.

I do maintain that other action channelled in the right way is important to have our concerns heard, this thread has already had key messages published in the press thanks to those who are willing to step up and take some form of action.

When something isn't right in life it only takes a courageous few to make a big difference...

This week we have been heard and it has forced the club to make a statement, even though somewhat pitiful it is at least a small positive step forward and could be the beginning of improved communication - we will see.

Stay committed to the cause but in these desperate times we may as well have a little laugh in the process; life can often be too serious but remember that football is supposed to be a game!