Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

wivelgull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 17:14 Well...there's only one option left...yes, you've guessed it...Garry Bigot!

In my mind this is exactly what will happen. Harrop will claim it as a victory as he has experience (he is old and assisted other managers a bit) and he has the connections (cause he was a scout) these were his requirements.

What he will fail to acknowledge is that he has no experience in this league and no experience as a manager...those parts will be swept under the carpet.

Bigot won't have a assistance as he has never managed and will need someone without a free bus pass to do the training so Herrera will still have a role.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

How the hell can this salad dodging fat prick, Harrop, sleep at night knowing that the club that employs him and probably pays him more than both Kev and Robbie were on together, is headed ever closer to the brink?

How the hell can this salad dodging fat prick, Harrop, make his way into work knowing that he is so **** incompetent at what he does that a new born baby could make better decisions than he has?

The salad dodging fat prick has no **** shame and would rather see this club relegated - as long as he still gets paid, he'll be fine.

What a **** tosser.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 19:30 How the hell can this salad dodging fat prick, Harrop, sleep at night knowing that the club that employs him and probably pays him more than both Kev and Robbie were on together, is headed ever closer to the brink?

How the hell can this salad dodging fat prick, Harrop, make his way into work knowing that he is so **** incompetent at what he does that a new born baby could make better decisions than he has?

The salad dodging fat prick has no **** shame and would rather see this club relegated - as long as he still gets paid, he'll be fine.

What a **** tosser.
By my reckoning Harrop's incompetence will have cost the club around ten grand in lost gate receipts by this weekend. Surely this is grounds for dismissal?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have to say that I don't care what shape Geoff Harrop is and what he eats or doesn't eat. That's totally irrelevant. What is relevant is that he seems happy to act as the hitman for the club owners. A bloke who spent much of his life around football has got himself as a pawn in a game where football does seems to have no relevance. Those who said we would now see GI's true colours have been right. Unfortunately it seems to be a whiter shade of pale. No yellow and blue really running through theirs veins at all. Why sack a manager if you have no plan how to replace him? It was the team Nicholson built - so you sack him let that team float while you hide behind the word 'thorough'. 'We are getting closer' . Closer to what... it seems we are closer to having to call a name ( a cheap name ) and hope..

These then are the smart professional developers. Let's be honest with them at least. They really show us no professional ability. They are living out their track record yet again. A further muddle with isolated promises from time to time but no real progress or plan.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 19:30 How the hell can this salad dodging fat prick, Harrop, sleep at night knowing that the club that employs him and probably pays him more than both Kev and Robbie were on together, is headed ever closer to the brink?

What a **** tosser.
Can't disagree when he treat the fans as he does that people get charged up to that extent.

Poxy press release saying it's nearly there.

Harrop is just a mask for GI
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

BREAKING NEWS FROM TQ1 .......

Big Geoff Harrop acknowledges Robbie Herrara's statement of intent for the managers job. Geoff says that Robbies gesture of throwing his hat into the ring is appreciated and if all of the current applicants and candidates are unsuitable then Robbies application will also get the respect it deserves. However Geoff also said if Robbie is not up to the job then he will have no choice but to step up and throw his hat into the ring himself. Just to show he is a man of his word here is Geoff Harrops hat all ready to go -
index.jpeg
index.jpeg (5.61 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
With hats being a hot topic and just to show solidarity with his man, Clarke Osbourne has broken his silence to show the footballing world the hat that he wears, he is very proud of it because it was a thankyou gift from the staff at Reading greyhound races for his sterling work and efforts -
funny_captain_wanker_cap-r26999ddd052c405790e26fed920217ea_eahwj_8byvr_540.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Funny as fook...what a pair of idiots

Fak off ...might of saved club in financial terms short term but we see right through your devious and inadequate means of this football club.

Never going to get any of my money
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The people who run football clubs, council, government and work are no better than any of us.

In some quarters they are held in high regard, like calling them professional. Mostly these people have got where they are by screwing other people, luck, brown nosing or just being in the right place at the time. They are no better at making decisions than any of us.

But in fact most of us are decent, honest, hard working people who wouldn't even think of screwing other people to make more money. We hold the high ground, our morals in tack. Not lying, deceiving and manipulating people for our own selfish, greedy and self centered ends.

Boycott now and stop making it worse. Because you are just helping them. You are not supporting the club, you are supporting them.
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Neal wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 21:31 The people who run football clubs, council, government and work are no better than any of us.

In some quarters they are held in high regard, like calling them professional. Mostly these people have got where they are by screwing other people, luck, brown nosing or just being in the right place at the time. They are no better at making decisions than any of us.

But in fact most of us are decent, honest, hard working people who wouldn't even think of screwing other people to make more money. We hold the high ground, our morals in tack. Not lying, deceiving and manipulating people for our own selfish, greedy and self centered ends.

Boycott now and stop making it worse. Because you are just helping them. You are not supporting the club, you are supporting them.
Neal is correct. Every £15 paid at the gate is not furthering the cause of TUFC, it is furthering the cause of GI and Clarke Osborne. GI are snakes and parasites. Do not feed them.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 10:28 Am I right or wrong that when Osborne took over the Club he said he was going to improve communications with the fans?

The current situation shows beyond any doubt that Gaming International are completely incompetent and have no idea how to manage a business.

Is it any wonder they have never succeeded in building a Stadium anywhere. A bunch of cowboys. I take no pleasure in saying this about the owners of the Club we support but it is the truth. Clueless.
Yes - you are right. Mr Osborne also promised a Board of local people in place before the start of the season. What sensible person with any semblance of business experience would work with this load of snakes? He also promised a new stadium by the start of next season. Well, that's only 11 months away now and they haven't even drawn up and submitted plans. Osborne and his associates are a bunch of cowboys who are leading our club into ruination.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Does anyone know what requirement or qualifications a hat needs to be thrown into the management ring?
If it is just colour bells then mine might suit!

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 22:05 Does anyone know what requirement or qualifications a hat needs to be thrown into the management ring?
If it is just colour bells then mine might suit!

Sorry to break it to you but I think the joker hat has already been thrown in several times before you
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Neal wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 21:31 The people who run football clubs, council, government and work are no better than any of us.

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU NEAL! :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

If every fan boycotted every game then GI still have an obligation to run the football club. Boycotting every game would mean that the running of the club will cost GI a lot more than they planned. For those who argue that GI will just reduce playing and management budget i'd say what good has their current budget done as it is?

GI will have no choice but to keep the club running and starved of income (barring already paid up ST holders) they will have to spend a lot more of their own money. If they just blatantly give up and run the club totally into the ground then that would clearly be an indication to the council that they are after the freehold and nothing else matters to them. I'm sure this would hinder their chances surely?

Then it becomes a question of how long do they stick it out spending their own cash to keep the club going rather than the cash of fans gate receipts etc. The more fans keep giving to the club then the less GI have to spend of their own money and the easier it is for them to keep the club functional but uncompetitive for as long as it takes.

I really do not see any correlation between fan attendance and the chances of relegation. IMO the club is at least as likely to get relegated whether there are 3000 at Plainmoor or 30. So basically just stop going or go and protest outside and listen on the radio.

Don't give GI any more money.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 07 Sep 2017, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I'm travelling South from Oxford this weekend and still hope to be at the game and will participate in any protests that happen before or after the game

"Oh we are singing...just give us a gaffer"
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Perhaps a cowboy hat would suit osborne and fatty better