Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

"Someone to take care of first team duties" says Harrop
Doesnt sound like a manager to me, more like a first team coach, with Herrera as assistant reporting to Harrop
Tell me I am wrong
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

William Hill have the HAT at evens to take charge shortly

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What a crock of shit Harrop's statement is! The search has 'progressed' and they are 'further down the line'. I should f****** well hope so after over 4 weeks searching. 'Progressed' could mean anything from 'I've made a phonecall' to 'we are about to appoint.' I suspect the former.

And now we are meant to be reassured that Herrera's management is sufficient because 'we did not lose' to a team who subsequently sacked their manager, so horrified they were that they couldn't even beat us. That's no grounds for over-confidence, Mr Harrop.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Basically with that statement, which is an absolute load of **** tripe by the way, he is gearing the fans up for Herrera's appointment. Note how he praises the way the team played on Saturday.

How the **** has this been allowed to happen? Is there NOBODY employed at the club that cares about it anymore? Is there anybody actually embarrassed at this that works for the club?

This is an absolute disgrace - this club is a **** laughing stock.

Just **** off Harrop - you've not got a clue.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 16:33 Basically with that statement, which is an absolute load of **** tripe by the way, he is gearing the fans up for Herrera's appointment. Note how he praises the way the team played on Saturday.

How the **** has this been allowed to happen? Is there NOBODY employed at the club that cares about it anymore? Is there anybody actually embarrassed at this that works for the club?

This is an absolute disgrace - this club is a **** laughing stock.

Just **** off Harrop - you've not got a clue.
The man is incompetent the less said the better.
We need a manager not people who do not command the respect of the players and supporters. :keepie:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well...there's only one option left...yes, you've guessed it...Garry Bigot!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

According to the Devon Live Herald Express Podcast Dave Thomas thinks we will know the name of the New Manager by close of business on Friday.

Herrera will be in charge for the Wrexham game but the new gaffer will be at the game.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

For Christs sake, what is it that the club are actually asking for from a new manager, what is exactly required, its not rocket science is it. There must be loads of out of work prospective managers out there. I would expect there are some from lower down the leagues that would bust a gut to get a higher opportunity and I bet they are loads better than Nicholson was. Dont give me all that shit about money or location. We have never had much money in comparison to many clubs, not even when the Bristows were being fleeced of it. As for location, well it was never a problem before, we always seemed to get a manager from somewhere, I actually wouldnt give a shit if they only spent 2 or 3 days a week here as long as the team wins enough games and progresses.

There must be some really silly or sinister requirements, restrictions or duties being asked of the applicants if they are all being scared off or put off. Harrop might be the problem, applicants might spend ten minutes in his company and think I'm not working under this wanker and obviously word circulates around doesnt it. If Harrop and money are the problem then GI should sack the **** and use his wages on a decent manager. He has certainly shown some incompetence with this situation,unless its all part of the plan. :-/
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Anybody would think by waiting four weeks for a manager it would make sure you escape the drop, this club needs to wake up as we could still go down due to the wait.
I have been in a position appointing a manager one day and after a week realized he was the wrong choice because of his decisions, sacked him and won the league with the next manager. There are no guarantees waiting, as football is a funny game especially at Torquay.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps we should hold a minutes for the lack of a coach
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Admiral wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 21:33 I'm an admin on 'The Yellow Army' Facebook page - almost 1000 likes so plenty of scope there to get something organised..
Thank you, very good... I will get something up and running for the weekend should we STILL have no announcement or worse still either of the H's are appointed as manager.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

hector wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 16:13 What a crock of shit Harrop's statement is! The search has 'progressed' and they are 'further down the line'. I should f****** well hope so after over 4 weeks searching. 'Progressed' could mean anything from 'I've made a phonecall' to 'we are about to appoint.' I suspect the former.

And now we are meant to be reassured that Herrera's management is sufficient because 'we did not lose' to a team who subsequently sacked their manager, so horrified they were that they couldn't even beat us. That's no grounds for over-confidence, Mr Harrop.
Even IIIIIIII am not buying this... something is very amiss! I had it on very good authority that Ronnie was literally nailed on, yet oddly it appears he walked away... although, would you blame him??
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

The Torquay United Podcast: Things we know so far about the management saga

Devon Live is getting on my wick, are they taking the piss
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

arry
I had it on very good authority that Ronnie was literally nailed on, yet oddly it appears he walked away... although, would you blame him??

It was probably that literal nailing than convinced him to walk....even if it did rip his jacket ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I have heard murmurings up here in Chesterfield that under pressure Spireites boss Gary Cauldwell is in line to be sacked with Ronnie Moore already waiting in the wings to replace him.

Spirites fans are looking for a man who knows what fighting at the bottom is all about as they are convinced that they are going down under Cauldwell.

Just what I've heard.