Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Im sure GI are quick and decisive when they want to be....
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

You just couldn't write this stuff!

Do we have any theatrical/creative types here? There is surely massive potential for a footballing equivalent 'Fawlty Towers' based upon life at Torquay United...

As noted on another thread, Chinua Cole knows a thing or two about YouTube...we can get him on board and have a series of viral comedy videos about the shambolic affairs of Torquay United.

Whilst I partly jest, it would be hilarious and may be the kind of thing that draws wider attention to the situation we have here!

We can get Nicho to play himself, we just need a bunch of actors willing to impersonate the various 'characters' at TUFC!

Might work better than any protest or boycott that we have alluded to this week...?!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:05 You just couldn't write this stuff!

Do we have any theatrical/creative types here? There is surely massive potential for a footballing equivalent 'Fawlty Towers' based upon life at Torquay United...

As noted on another thread, Chinua Cole knows a thing or two about YouTube...we can get him on board and have a series of viral comedy videos about the shambolic affairs of Torquay United.

Whilst I partly jest, it would be hilarious and may be the kind of thing that draws wider attention to the situation we have here!

We can get Nicho to play himself, we just need a bunch of actors willing to impersonate the various 'characters' at TUFC!

Might work better than any protest or boycott that we have alluded to this week...?!
I may even have a to set up a separate thread for this...I'm already thinking of titles for such a show and I know you guys are bound to have some funny ideas! 😂😂😂
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:03 Yet if you listen to Mark "I run my own conglomerate so know more about business than anyone" Horler and Will "big mouth, no balls" Taylor the man has already been given the job and they are both happy about it and see nothing but good things for us
Significant that Taylor has now taken down his 'On The Popside' podcast series from You Tube? Well, let's say the site is still there but all the content has been removed.
Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z4rzDX3Ggg
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 09:08 Perhaps we should pay for a seat to lay our hat in
Wherever I lay my hat that's my home!
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

AlsagerGull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 09:52 Give the hat a chance (RH in this case), are you serious?? He can do better than the 2 from 24 points, he was in charge for 12 of those points (gaining one) and had three of the easiest games of the season! It would be better to get KN back or let Osbourne himself manage the team!!!
Deadly serious .. but nobody mentioned giving RH a chance - we are looking at giving his HAT a chance.

HAT for Manager I say! :bow:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:08 Significant that Taylor has now taken down his 'On The Popside' podcast series from You Tube? Well, let's say the site is still there but all the content has been removed.
Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z4rzDX3Ggg
He seemed confident enough the other day when he was insulting someone on the facebook page. I doubt it will be long before that particular "keyboard warrior" upsets the wrong person. One thing for sure, he doesn't have the minerals you or I possess ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:03 Yet if you listen to Mark "I run my own conglomerate so know more about business than anyone" Horler and Will "big mouth, no balls" Taylor the man has already been given the job and they are both happy about it and see nothing but good things for us..........................
When pushed, one of them said that they knew who the position had been offered to. No mention of whether that person had accepted.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

I would guess that any half decent manager would take a look at the clowns running the Club and say' thanks but no thanks'
What an utter shambles
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Tarrboy1 wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:40

When pushed, one of them said that they knew who the position had been offered to. No mention of whether that person had accepted.
Not very accurate to be honest.

Horler said " ....just not announced to the press yet" in response to this status "Guessing we are not getting a new man in charge today then!"

He later backtracked and said "I said yesterday , I have been told who it is, well who has been offered the job, but I have not been told by a member of the current GI board., so cannot guarantee 100%. However from what I've heard it will be worth the wait. Having said all of that, Geoff Harrop went public around two weeks ago that they want someone with experience and contacts. We also know the short list went to the board for sign off. When Geoff said he was giving every candidate the respect they deserve, I truely believe that. Recruiting a senior manager requires business acrumen, organisation and more importantly time. For all the stick poor Geoff gets, this could be a turning point in the clubs history."

Just as many others have said, he actually knows nothing..................

Will Taylor posted this a few days ago. "Great appointment by the club. Real signal of intent."
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

........and the 'GI board'?

The club is not owned by Gaming International, but wholly by it's chairman and chief executive Clarke Osborne's Riviera Stadium Ltd who employ Geoff Harrop to run the club with input from Dave Hedges on recruitment whilst doubling up as opponent scout for the manager.

It was ominous for the last manager when Hedges turned up at a home match (Boreham Wood) rather than spend the night on the road watching a future opponent ~ within 48 hours Nicholson was toast and Hedges was involved in the recruitment of his successor.
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

:O
Tired Old Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:15 Deadly serious .. but nobody mentioned giving RH a chance - we are looking at giving his HAT a chance.

HAT for Manager I say! :bow:
Very good a like it, may as well try an hat :-D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm waiting for Bamber's right foot to declare an interest :) :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 12:21 I'm waiting for Bamber's right foot to declare an interest :) :)
Well, there we have it ...

Herrera's hat = Manager

Bamber's right foot: Assistant Manager/Coach

Over to you Osborne, get the contracts signed!

It may be more appealing for the HAT now as it wont have to drive the team bus anymore - coz there ain't one!!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 11:45 Not very accurate to be honest.

Horler said " ....just not announced to the press yet" in response to this status "Guessing we are not getting a new man in charge today then!"

He later backtracked and said "I said yesterday , I have been told who it is, well who has been offered the job, but I have not been told by a member of the current GI board., so cannot guarantee 100%. However from what I've heard it will be worth the wait. Having said all of that, Geoff Harrop went public around two weeks ago that they want someone with experience and contacts. We also know the short list went to the board for sign off. When Geoff said he was giving every candidate the respect they deserve, I truely believe that. Recruiting a senior manager requires business acrumen, organisation and more importantly time. For all the stick poor Geoff gets, this could be a turning point in the clubs history."

Just as many others have said, he actually knows nothing..................

Will Taylor posted this a few days ago. "Great appointment by the club. Real signal of intent."

I really hope that this does materialise to be true.

Nonetheless, if the club had actually communicated this then all the anger, frustration and vitriol to all members involved could have been avoided somewhat!

Time will tell.