Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps we should pay for a seat to lay our hat in
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hector on has posted on BTPIR that Radio Devon announced this morning that there is unlikely to be a new manager in place for Saturday.......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Richinns wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 09:15 Hector on has posted on BTPIR that Radio Devon announced this morning that there is unlikely to be a new manager in place for Saturday.......
What a surprise....
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

Give the hat a chance (RH in this case), are you serious?? He can do better than the 2 from 24 points, he was in charge for 12 of those points (gaining one) and had three of the easiest games of the season! It would be better to get KN back or let Osbourne himself manage the team!!!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

SatNav wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 09:20 WTF!!!!?

COME ON!!

The club must actually have NO resources.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I think everyone is being a bit too harsh on Harrop, when he said he was hopeful a manager would be in place before the bank holiday weekend, he didn't say which bank holiday!!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Where can we access the 10am press conference? Is it definitely happening?

Something is not right about this situation at all.

Regardless of whether Clarke Osborne has worked in football or not, being a successful leader is built upon clear communication with both the business you lead and the market you serve.

Given everyone's prior concerns I can't see any attempt to alleviate any of those concerns so if we had any doubts about our fears for the future of the club being real, sadly it looks like this very situation confirms those original fears.
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 07 Sep 2017, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

team is doomed... now the team coach has gone up in flames.... probably an insurance claim. lets all be honest there is no manager lined up because it would have been done by now.

No one will want to come to us in the shit state we are in, wont pay enough so we will end up with herrera or tully and for that i will not be going back to this utter utter shambles.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I thought you were joking about team coach fire but it's true!! Absolutely crackers!! Good job they are home at the weekend then.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Does that mean that Robbie Herrera will now be driving the team to away games in a hired minibus?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Am I right or wrong that when Osborne took over the Club he said he was going to improve communications with the fans?

The current situation shows beyond any doubt that Gaming International are completely incompetent and have no idea how to manage a business.

Is it any wonder they have never succeeded in building a Stadium anywhere. A bunch of cowboys. I take no pleasure in saying this about the owners of the Club we support but it is the truth. Clueless.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Coach in flames.. ...we have been here before with owners and fires. Bad luck that is
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

fully intend to support the boys for 90mins on saturday but F*ck you GI before and after!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think the further delay in appointing a new member has been the current vacancy at Chester, No doubt the Chester board were 'tapping up' potential candidates before McCarthy's dismissal, taking away the people who were presumably applying for the TUFC job. Going back to the lack of communication, the point has been made on this forum several times that in order to manage a business successfully you have to keep your customers in the loop as far as possible. After a career mainly spent in educational management, there would be hell to pay if I didn't keep my customers ie. parents aware of any delays in appointing staff etc and at lest apologising to them for any delays. How on earth did GI become a successful business with approach we are seeing at the moment?!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yet if you listen to Mark "I run my own conglomerate so know more about business than anyone" Horler and Will "big mouth, no balls" Taylor the man has already been given the job and they are both happy about it and see nothing but good things for us..........................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com