Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Perhaps Harrop interviewed himself and he thought, bloody hell I'm the best candidate and I buy into GI's vision, so its a no brainer, it has to be me :)
TUST MEMBER
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

knightmaregull wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:26 exodus of fans (for fans read 'trouble makers' who have already succeeded in forcing him to delay his land grabbing plans
For exodus of fans read 'Passionate Torquay Till I Die' hardcore who are not prepared to put up with these shenanigan's, for to do so would be a betrayal to the club. I will 'keep the faith' - 'fight the cause' but will not be like "lamb to the slaughter” - No protests, no questions asked, just following the   "Judas sheep” leading the others to the clubs doom. 
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

MellowYellow wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:08 I could buy into the above but that would mean Doctor Harrop has been lying which is gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

Dr Harrop has clearly stated " “We have had an excellent response with applications, which shows that we’ve got a club here that people think highly of... and.. We’ve pinned it down to five or six, and the interview process is well underway.... We’re not too far away..."

[font=Arial Black]|"Not too far away" [/font] ! He said that week commencing 21 August and now we are in week 4 and still no further forward. Is he lying? If a manager can be sacked because of performance then surely a General Manager ought to be sacked for gross misconduct, if that is what it is?
My opinion is that Kevin Nicholson is more suited to this position and would make a good Chief Exc.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

This is beyond a joke now. I'm past anger and frustration - I honestly could not give a crap who gets appointed as whoever it is will be a lap dog to GI and their plans.

My personal opinion is that the on-field battle has been lost now. GI will put their own man in charge and go from there, probably doing just enough to avoid any real scrutiny from others. Off the field, I think we're fast heading to a cross roads. I am not alone in being a long-term fan who has simply not bothered much this season. I went to the Tranmere game but haven't been since. I do not plan to attend again any time soon.

One idea that I wonder may work, but only if a decent number of fans got involved and joined, would almost be a swell of fans support at Plainmoor at the weekend - that do not enter the ground. Chanting support for the team of course during the game, rather than abuse of the owners, but it would show that we, as a fanbase, are fast losing interest. If numbers were enough, and especially if it impacted the gate (first 3 figure gate in years?) it may get a bit of attention. It doesn't need to be a violent protest, more a sign of dis-satisfaction at what is going on within the club, and that we've had enough. Obviously 50 or so wouldn't really do anything - you'd want at least a few hundred or so to really make an impression.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

:goodpost: Loyal fans, unbelievably loyal in the circumstances, have been crapped on.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Or, walk out of the ground when the clock ticks round to the number of minutes that equates to the number of days it has been without a manager being appointed ( hope that makes sense). Probably 20 plus by Saturday I guess - somebody wiser than me will know the answer to that.
I have loved and supported this club for 60 plus years but my love affair is almost over - first post born from the sheer frustration and disbelief of the state we are now in.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would rather not give my money to Mr Osborne to be honest.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Can't argue with that but I feel the impact might just be worth the cash outlay. These last few seasons I've not felt I've had any value for money anyway so this will probably be the last time and it might just show the true depth of feeling and be worth the adverse publicity GI would get.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 19:55 This is beyond a joke now. I'm past anger and frustration - I honestly could not give a crap who gets appointed as whoever it is will be a lap dog to GI and their plans.

My personal opinion is that the on-field battle has been lost now. GI will put their own man in charge and go from there, probably doing just enough to avoid any real scrutiny from others. Off the field, I think we're fast heading to a cross roads. I am not alone in being a long-term fan who has simply not bothered much this season. I went to the Tranmere game but haven't been since. I do not plan to attend again any time soon.

One idea that I wonder may work, but only if a decent number of fans got involved and joined, would almost be a swell of fans support at Plainmoor at the weekend - that do not enter the ground. Chanting support for the team of course during the game, rather than abuse of the owners, but it would show that we, as a fanbase, are fast losing interest. If numbers were enough, and especially if it impacted the gate (first 3 figure gate in years?) it may get a bit of attention. It doesn't need to be a violent protest, more a sign of dis-satisfaction at what is going on within the club, and that we've had enough. Obviously 50 or so wouldn't really do anything - you'd want at least a few hundred or so to really make an impression.
I think if a manager is not appointed by Saturday then a planned boycott / vocal protest outside Plainmoor could be worthwhile...

This post alone may have over 60,000 views with over 800 replies but I know that there are likely to be 1000s of supporters who are simply not aware of the situation, perhaps part time supporters or those who are simply too busy to notice that it will have been over 3 weeks since Kevin Nicholson departed...heck, there are people who probably haven't realised he's even gone yet!

So, a vocal protest would certainly give people the opportunity to hear our concerns and to make a choice to vote with their feet by not entering the ground, and hppefully make a noise loud enough for the local press to actually take notice and report on and investigate into this farcical situation!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

How about spend our attendance money in a different way .....

I dunno...hire a band to play live outside the ground while game is on...that would no doubt reach the national news and in turn expose these f****g w *****s
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

arcadia wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:52 Just go and ask him he wants the job and he's picking the manager why the delay? :)

If we could speak to him it would be sorted we would not be thinking like this.
Shi*, you are right....
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

I am with anyone that wants to organise a protest or boycott, I am already devising a full social media plan to really cause GI as many issues as I can. Will not be going to another game...
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Quite simply we need someone or a group to spearhead a protest of some sort.

Honestly 3 weeks now and watching the games fall by the wayside it's becoming a bit of a joke now. No actually.it is a joke
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

arrywithanh wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 21:15 I am with anyone that wants to organise a protest or boycott, I am already devising a full social media plan to really cause GI as many issues as I can. Will not be going to another game...
The social media point is a good one. The club is using all the social media sites, so maybe a mass protest would be effective. We all know how fast a message can spread via social media....
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I'm an admin on 'The Yellow Army' Facebook page - almost 1000 likes so plenty of scope there to get something organised..