Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think it would quite clear to everybody really, regardless of what GI say that nobody wanted to touch the job with a bargepole should H&H end up getting the gig
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

If we finish up with the 2 Hs that is me finished after 50 plus years
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bert wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:36 If we finish up with the 2 Hs that is me finished after 50 plus years
I really hope not for your sakes as well as the clubs Bert.

H&H - Hell and Highwater :clap:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

arrywithanh wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 16:07 information form where? The tea lady??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! If it was going to be Herrera or Harrop they would have done it by now!
Just go and ask him he wants the job and he's picking the manager why the delay? :)

If we could speak to him it would be sorted we would not be thinking like this.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've emailed the National League sharing my concerns - no idea if anything will come of it but something has to be said!

I would encourage any twitter users to make your opinions known @TheNationalLge

It's gone on for far too long now.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've also sent a connection request to Clarke Osborne via Linkedin and will be sending an appropriate message once the connection is made - does anyone know if these forums are monitored by any club official at Torquay United? It would be bonkers not to in my opinion - the fans are the heart of the club.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Expecting an announcement of:
Harrop - DOF
Herrara - Head coach
Gowling - Player coach
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Fair play to you Dan. I think Clarke knows fans are seething about this so i don't think it will come as a shock to him nor do i believe you'll get a response. Hell, if he can't get something up on the O/S he ain't going to be entering into discourse with any mere mortal supporter. That said, you are probably more likely to get a response from Osborne than anyone at the NL who will just delete your email probably.

Pro-active stuff though and we need more of it!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

MHSGULL wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:01 Expecting an announcement of:
Harrop - DOF
Herrara - Head coach
Gowling - Player coach
Heard Harrop wanted to take over last week.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Richinns too. Credit for trying.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:29 Not if they claim:

- that they tried to recruit an experienced manager, Harrop worked every hour God sent to try to find one blah blah blah.
- that nobody wanted the job because of location blah blah blah (pick any from a list of excuses).
- that Harrop & Herrera are prepared out of the goodness of their hearts to step up blah blah blah.
- that Harrop & Herrera are committed to GI's "vision" :lol: :lol: for the Club.

Think it couldn't happen? Let's see.
I could buy into the above but that would mean Doctor Harrop has been lying which is gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

Dr Harrop has clearly stated " “We have had an excellent response with applications, which shows that we’ve got a club here that people think highly of... and.. We’ve pinned it down to five or six, and the interview process is well underway.... We’re not too far away..."

[font=Arial Black]|"Not too far away" [/font] ! He said that week commencing 21 August and now we are in week 4 and still no further forward. Is he lying? If a manager can be sacked because of performance then surely a General Manager ought to be sacked for gross misconduct, if that is what it is?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:05 Fair play to you Dan. I think Clarke knows fans are seething about this so i don't think it will come as a shock to him nor do i believe you'll get a response. Hell, if he can't get something up on the O/S he ain't going to be entering into discourse with any mere mortal supporter. That said, you are probably more likely to get a response from Osborne than anyone at the NL who will just delete your email probably.

Pro-active stuff though and we need more of it!
Thanks - It's worth a shot if only to get an indication of what the heck is going on from Clarke Osborne. The NL may not reply but I've just tweeted too and tagged in @TUFC1899 so hopefully will get some attention at least!
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Can i make a suggestion to the club as they are hopeless in communicating with us in normal ways maybe do something like the Vatican does when choosing a new pope.

At 5pm everyday blue smoke over plainmoor if no new manager appointed and yellow when appointed. Muich more interesting than the usual press conference announcement.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Bert wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:36 If we finish up with the 2 Hs that is me finished after 50 plus years
Sadly I believe this will be playing into GI's hands, it is precisely what Osborne wants. Relegation, part time football, exodus of fans (for fans read 'trouble makers' who have already succeeded in forcing him to delay his land grabbing plans) = getting his hands on the prize.

I now see myself as a supporter of the club in the strictest sense only. I support the history of the club, the good it does the locality and most importantly the right for us and our future generations to enjoy / suffer the same right to support your local club as we have done. I do not support the owners or other parasites running it or those who may have used it for their own personal gain previously.

GI have a plan and we all need to stay strong, alert and together to defeat it, whatever it may ultimately be and whatever form it may manifest itself over the coming months / years. Unless ultimately they clear off we have no hope so that is the one and only goal for me, whatever the consequences. I a man not anti boycotts and protests at all but above all do not cease being a fan a the this critical time and do not give up hope!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 18:16 Can i make a suggestion to the club as they are hopeless in communicating with us in normal ways maybe do something like the Vatican does when choosing a new pope.

At 5pm everyday blue smoke over plainmoor if no new manager appointed and yellow when appointed. Muich more interesting than the usual press conference announcement.
Brilliant :engflag: