Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

PhilGull wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 15:22 Yep! I am fully expecting either Hererra as head coach with Harrop moved to a DOF role or Harrop straight in to the managers chair.
Did Herrera and Harrop work together with the old youth team?
And this of course would be the final nail in the coffin of our team.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think judging from the amount of information coming out of Plainmoor it's done and
dusted we will go another week if we lose someone within will take the reigns. :)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

arcadia wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 15:37 I think judging from the amount of information coming out of Plainmoor it's done and
dusted we will go another week if we lose someone within will take the reigns. :)
information form where? The tea lady??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! If it was going to be Herrera or Harrop they would have done it by now!
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

Are we are are we not complete mugs? We're being played for fools by a loan shark land developer. Unless we get an experienced manager having now waited long enough I honestly think we should demonstrate outside the ground and boycott the next few home matches. It's time to raise the profile of this sorry saga and start some adverse publicity for GI and MR Osbourne
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Just rang the club, were due to put me through to Harrop then realised I wasnt a manager on their hit list so was told he was out on meetings this afternoon and all day tomorrow, I have asked for a call back but Im sure it wont happen as always.

Only choice in my opinion is to look to speak to him face to face whilst he is in the directors box on Saturday and let your feelings known. We are being treated like mugs and need to air our frustrations, whether individually or on mass on Saturday we need to push back.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

View1 wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 16:32 Just rang the club, were due to put me through to Harrop then realised I wasnt a manager on their hit list so was told he was out on meetings this afternoon and all day tomorrow, I have asked for a call back but Im sure it wont happen as always.

Only choice in my opinion is to look to speak to him face to face whilst he is in the directors box on Saturday and let your feelings known. We are being treated like mugs and need to air our frustrations, whether individually or on mass on Saturday we need to push back.
I totally agree with the last two posts. We have to make our feelings known now. This is an absolute joke.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The last couple of years we stayed up despite GIs lack of investment. Perhaps this year they will do all that they can to ensure we go down?

You don't waste 4 - 5 games searching for a manager only to employ shite do you?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

A high profile manager has to be appointed now and given a fair budget.

Failing this and anyone who still believes GI have the best intentions of the club at heart is basically a f*cking idiot.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

arcadia wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:25 The only name in the hat that was broadcast on the radio on Saturday is Kevin Davies that would make me think yes he could do it. He might play
According to Wikipedia, he retired from playing on 4th September 2015, arcadia.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Ronnie Moore or kelvin Davies
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

I cant remember who said it a day or two back but I too think we now find ourselves in a position where all of the "proper" managers (Cox, Money, Moore etc) have been "interviewed" and have said no for whatever reason, be it financial or existing TUFC personnel or situation. Cox has already gone somewhere else and the others would rather bide their time for a better management opportunity.

That leaves us with the option of ex players (Todd, Tully etc) or unknown entities such as Kevin Davies and Sol Campbell, none of which will be the answer in my view and may not even be interested.

Or of course they dont appoint anyone and its a Robbie & Harrop dream team. :'( No thanks.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This is on the cards! When you hear nothing they are frightened to make a decision I'll be surprised if is not the above.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I also rang the club earlier and got told Mr Harrop would not be around for the rest of today or indeed tomorrow. Seeing as he reported he had one interview left to conclude, a three day trip away from the club is a remarkable achievement!

My evaluation of the situation is that they are ticking people off as they pull out due to the (probably!) remarkable stipulations that are being insisted on by the club (which includes portraying a sunshine approach to GI and their plans and a less than minimal budget to shape the squad in the new managers vision).

Don't expect an announcement any time soon and when it does come prepare for it to be either massively risky or underwhelming.
Last edited by Richinns on 05 Sep 2017, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Another day gone by and STILL no Manager. How much longer, Lord, how long?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

arrywithanh wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 16:07 ....... If it was going to be Herrera or Harrop they would have done it by now!
Not if they claim:

- that they tried to recruit an experienced manager, Harrop worked every hour God sent to try to find one blah blah blah.
- that nobody wanted the job because of location blah blah blah (pick any from a list of excuses).
- that Harrop & Herrera are prepared out of the goodness of their hearts to step up blah blah blah.
- that Harrop & Herrera are committed to GI's "vision" :lol: :lol: for the Club.

Think it couldn't happen? Let's see.