Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Richinns wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:28 Relevant for your weak argument you mean.....4 games is hardly a decent factual base is it!

You are just assuming he would lose the other 4 played since then and that assumption is just your opinion rather than fact (and previous evidence with a far more sound evidence base suggests this 'opinion' is likely to be wrong!).

Still - don't let that get is the way of your desperate need to belittling all others which do not share your 'opinions' buddy.......
Richinns wins.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

:} Which is more than Nicholson was managing to do this season! :Oops:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Taking new turn ...arguing between a rubbish manager or no manager what is better.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The betting is that it will be a total surprise and someone who despite enormous speculation on this thread has not even been mentioned.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

How about Lee Bradbury? A playing career that saw him play up and down through the leagues and across the country and enough managerial experience to know what he's doing, including 5 years with current club Havant & Waterlooville (relegation and promotion and cup runs). Currently working at the level below, with his experience and age would seem to me like an ideal appointment.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I'm sure this delay has something to do with the ground and TORBAY borough ....i wouldn't be a bit surprised if gi walk away and that will be it
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I log into this forum every single day with positive anticipation that I will finally discover that a new manager has been appointed...

What the heck is going on? How is this taking so long...

Think about the logistics...

1-2 days max to co-ordinate interviews
1-2 days to conduct interviews
1 day to evaluate interviews
1 day to make an offer and agree terms

This is surely how every other club who has experienced a managerial casualty has turned it around in 5 days or less?

I can't think of any practical or logistical reasons for a hold up except that no one of any calibre is prepared to accept what is being offered OR we genuinely received little to no applications.

Either way - to not keep the fans informed, at least via the clubs own channels or the press, is particularly dire.

People appreciate honesty - come out and say we have interviewed 5 great candidates but are struggling to agree terms, I'm sure this forum would turn into a bustle of activity and ideas around how we can make it happen.

Come out and say we have not received the quality of applications we have expected - fine, we empathise and again I'm sure within an hour the forum would have 10s of suggestions for the club.

But to stay virtually silent for nearly 3 weeks is woeful and downright unprofessional.

I'm sure we all share in the same disappointment and simply want to see a rapid resolution, my only fear is the bigger problem lies further up the food chain as has been continually speculated before the club was even purchased by GI.

At least simple communication would probably have cut 51 pages of forum discussion down to 5-10!!

Sort it out GI!! 😡😡😡
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Agree with everything there - is it worth sending GI a copy of this posting? Absolutely abysmal leadership shown so far and shocking disregard for the fans. I feel sorry for Robbie Herrera, obviously a decent man trying to do his best with the Sword of Damacles dangling above his head.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I just phoned the club again and asked whether there would be a decision this week. The lady I spoke to was very non-comittal although I doubt she is properly in the loop. I do think that we have a collective responsibility to put some pressure on because they are talking the p!ss now!! We are mugs and completely at the mercy of our incompetent owners!!
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Also, the article in Devon Live today; namely 'Herrera determined to put stamp on squad' would suggest we won't hear anything anytime soon!!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

As Dan rightly says, the whole handling of this delay is an embarrassment however not communicating with fans has been a huge issue with TUFC even back in league 2 days. You could argue that with the Bristow set up it was either full of people on the gravy train and not really bothered about talking to the fans or people who just didn't really have much comprehension how business worked.

TUFC = A BUSINESS

BUSINESS SURVIVAL = RESPECTING, COMMUNICATING WITH AND ENCOURAGING CUSTOMERS TO USE YOUR BUSINESS.

Not rocket science but they somehow managed to spunk millions upon millions of Thea's cash down the kazi whilst at the same time watch fan numbers dwindle AND put the club on the brink of demise all in the same fell swoop.

The key point about GI is they are a business. They know how business operates and they know what they are doing.

The fact that they seem to be going out of their way to rid the club of more of it's fans, more of it's income and more of it's integrity doesn't make any sense for hard nosed business people. Successful business people at that.

I know from personal experience that a club who regularly talks to it's fans and involves it's fans and is honest with it's fans, even when mistakes have been made would have not led me to stop going to games upon relegation. As i've said on many, many occasions (ok one more time lol) IF those who ran the club did so with fans as their primary consideration (other than running a stable and competitive football club) then despite the poor football and results served up these past 5 years, many fans would have stuck with it.

As it is, the manner in which supporters are treated is an absolute disgrace and i have no idea how so many put up with it for so long and even now without any sign that things in this department will improve.

GI have had no intention of connecting with concerned supporters these past 3 weeks and you have to ask why.

I have my opinion why and i'm sure you all do too.

GI are business people in it to make money yet they go against basic business principles and have almost alienated most of their 'customers' . Pretty weird.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

The simple fact is we sacked a manager without having any game plan in place and any options lined up, no other football club would make such a decision before having someone lined up... pathetic.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

View1 wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 14:31 The simple fact is we sacked a manager without having any game plan in place and any options lined up, no other football club would make such a decision before having someone lined up... pathetic.
Yes but WHY is this?

It doesn't make any sense. Yes i know GI aren't football people but they aren't dimwits :} . They know that if you have a team stranded at the foot of the league with no direction or confidence then not only should you not take 3 weeks plus over resolving the issue but also you should keep supporters in the loop as to what is going on. Especially given that the team have fallen further adrift since Nicholson was sacked. Out of common courtesy really if nothing else. It's just good practice.

They are going to have to unveil someone of such a high calibre it shocks us all and was worth the wait and ignorance.

Nothing else would be satisfactory compensation for this debacle.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Every additional day that we have with no manager makes me fear the worst. I strongly suspect that the appointment of a new manager will go down like a lead balloon with Torquay fans when announced. I fear that there has been a plan all along, possibly involving a change of title for somebody already at Plainmoor.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 14:41 Every additional day that we have with no manager makes me fear the worst. I strongly suspect that the appointment of a new manager will go down like a lead balloon with Torquay fans when announced. I fear that there has been a plan all along, possibly involving a change of title for somebody already at Plainmoor.
Yep! I am fully expecting either Hererra as head coach with Harrop moved to a DOF role or Harrop straight in to the managers chair.
Did Herrera and Harrop work together with the old youth team?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084