Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

tomogull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:30 Win rate at Northampton not good, but he led Newport, hardly a fashionable side, out of the National League with a win rate of 41% and he had a similar win rate when he moved from Newport to Gillingham. My preference is Richard Money or Ronnie Moore but as the club stands at present, I think we are very limited for choice. i am told by 'someone who claims to be in the know' that Chris Todd is stiil in the frame. I don't know if this is genuine or if it's guess work. All will no doubt be revealed .......... eventually.
I would imagine that all of the inexperienced / inexpensive options are still in the frame! Chris McPhee will be the next name to pop up :lol:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Thinking of dropping Clarke Osborne a message on Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/clarkeosborne/) to ask him if he is aware that the club are managerless....

Then I noticed his profile description of Torquay United...

"A brilliant professional football club in the National League with ambition and determination to grow and climb the leagues."

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Unfortunately Linkedin requires me to connect with him in order to send him a message, something I'm not sure that I want to do!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

At this rate the club will be crawling back to Nicho, cap in hand, "Ever so sorry Mr Nicholson, we got it all wrong, you can have your old job back - we just couldn't find anyone else to do the job." Laughing stock does not even begin to describe our club at the moment.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

danjgregory wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:44 Thinking of dropping Clarke Osborne a message on Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/clarkeosborne/) to ask him if he is aware that the club are managerless....

Then I noticed his profile description of Torquay United...

"A brilliant professional football club in the National League with ambition and determination to grow and climb the leagues."

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Unfortunately Linkedin requires me to connect with him in order to send him a message, something I'm not sure that I want to do!!
I would sit down and have a drink before you do!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It's a joke ...it would have to be the appointment of the century to actually make the wait worthwhile

Amateurs making a bad job of it
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Sol Campbell ?
Seriously ?
This is just getting ridiculous !!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:25 I can see your points tomo. Guiseley is not on my top 50,000 places i'd wish to live in the UK but i've seen worse. Luton is a bonafide shithole. Accrington also falls into that category without dispute. Doncaster also having been born and brought up there i can vouch. There are others.

They are a small club and i think they manage themselves admirably. IMO their squad on paper is much better than the one down at TQ1.

I also cannot see why Cox would plump for Guiseley with all due respect to them but on the flipside I can see totally why he wouldn't want to return to Torquay.

It will be interesting to find out what happens now but on the basis that they are a well run club looking to progress gradually, have Cox at the helm and have a decent squad then one thing is for certain, they will finish above Torquay this season. Whether it will be enough to keep them up i don't know.
I bow to your greater knowledge of Yorkshire, Andy. Er ...... I take it you don't work for either the Yorkshire or Lancashire Tourist Boards, then? ;-) As for bliddy Guiseley, the only thing that keeps them in the National League is the knowledge that they can pick up six points from Torquay every season ....... :@
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Northampton gull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:35 Has somebody seriously mentioned Edinburgh no thank you when he came to Northampton I thought it was a good appointment but dear god he bloody awful no tactical awareness he has signed lots of rubbish players on a decent budget definitely not Edinburgh please.
Okay - we'll quickly cross off Justin Edinburgh from the list ...... assuming that there is still an actual list. Maybe there will be an announcement tomorrow in time for their tame sports journalist to spread the news in large print in Wednesday's Herald Express?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Come on GI, you absolute cretins. Sort out our new manager, you **** bastards.

Laughing stock of the National League thanks to the apparent inability to name a new manager whilst other clubs around us hire new managers within a week of sacking theirs. Absolute **** joke.

GIVE US A MANAGER YOU **** BASTARDS!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Calm down dear; we didn't do any better when we had a manager
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Perhaps we don't need a manager, perhaps the fans could cast a vote on the starting line up via a online poll
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Returning to the matter of Paul Cox getting a new job at Guisley, that leaves us supposedly with Ronnie Moore and Richard Money as favoured candidates with Chris Todd lurking in the wings. Paul Cox was never likely to come back to the Bay as he is based in Nottingham and he apparently missed his family terribly missed his family last time he was at TUFC. Ronnie Moore seems also to be based in Norhern England and he has never really stayed anywhere for very long - to use the old joke about Tony Hateley (remember him?), he's had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. Richard Money would be a good candidate but I'm guessing that he's based in Eastern England (Norwich, Cambridge etc). Being of a similar age to both these last two candidates I'm not sure that I'd like to be taking on a project as big as TUFC in my '60's, particularly with such interfering 'management' above me. That leaves us with.......er, Chris Todd. What's the betting?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

merse btpir wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 00:34 Calm down dear; we didn't do any better when we had a manager
A win percentage of 30% under Nicholson in his time here compared to a win percentage of zero since he left......so clearly we did 'dear'!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Not this season we didn't buddy...........this season is relevant; once they are done and dusted, the last two season's aren't. No points are carried over!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

merse btpir wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:20 Not this season we didn't buddy...........this season is relevant; once they are done and dusted, the last two season's aren't. No points are carried over!
Relevant for your weak argument you mean.....4 games is hardly a decent factual base is it!

You are just assuming he would lose the other 4 played since then and that assumption is just your opinion rather than fact (and previous evidence with a far more sound evidence base suggests this 'opinion' is likely to be wrong!).

Still - don't let that get is the way of your desperate need to belittling all others which do not share your 'opinions' buddy.......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/