Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

nickbrod wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 20:37 Maybe Justin Edinburgh has been the late applicant after leaving Northampton recommended by Kelvin Thomas?!
No, no and no, not another rookie! My mates a Cobblers fan and he's glad Edinburgh has gone, he's said they've been absolutely woeful under him.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:47Merse it's not a shit hole its a nice town in west Yorkshire

Gawd, struth!!!!!!

I didn't say it was a shit hole I questioned tomogull why he had posted that. I think there are a few on here who need to examine their attention capabilities; I mean reading a post properly is hardly nuclear physics is it ~ or maybe it is to some. Talk about village idiots! :@
tomogull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:24 Northampton Town - Justin Edinburgh dismissed August 31st. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink appointed today. 5 days. Torquay United - 19 days and counting. Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ???
Got it now?
Last edited by merse btpir on 04 Sep 2017, 20:54, edited 2 times in total.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Justin Edinburgh - great choice!

Win rate at Northampton - 24% - 6% lower than Nicho's

Sign him up now - the quicker we are in the southern league the better - put us all out of our misery.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Only 6-7 more weeks before all this speculation is over and we have our new man/women at the helm.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 20:46 Image

Gawd, struth!!!!!!

I didn't say it was a shit hole I questioned tomogull why he had posted that. I think there are a few on here who need to examine their attention capabilities; I mean reading a post properly is hardly nuclear physics is it ~ or maybe it is to some. Talk about village idiots! :@
Got it now?
Probably caused by your inability to use the quote facility correctly.

Especially village idiot like seeing as you run your own forum. ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

With 'quote' in front & '/quote' after, is there seriously any doubt that I was quoting somebody even if I did not specify who?

You really are losing the plot
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Heard from a reliable source today that they' want to make sure that the appointment of a new manager coincides with the next return of Halley's Comet.
TUST member 203
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:03 With 'quote' in front & '/quote' after, is there seriously any doubt that I was quoting somebody even if I did not specify who?

You really are losing the plot
No doubt from me.

Just pointing out the irony of calling somebody else a village idiot when you had just failed to complete such a simple procedure. ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Could sing a few songs on saturday encouraging GI to get the frig on with it.

This to the tune of Passengers by Elton John

We want a manager, we haven't got one
Wanna get one! We wanna get one!

OR this to the tune of MANEATER by Hall & Oates

Whoah oh you plums, for all we know it's Geoff Harrop
Whoah oh you plums, need a man-ager
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:43 [quote Why ever would Paul Cox want to go to a sh*thole like Guiseley ???
A shithole ~ what justification do have for describing either the town or the football club as that?

Have you been there ~ if so; what did you find that I haven't noticed to draw that conclusion? Or is it because they 'haven't seen a beach'? [/quote]

Okay - perhaps a rather harsh description. No - I've never been there. But the football club is part-time, usual gates of about 700/800 and a ground that looks depressing - under cover on one side only? It's basically a suburb of Leeds and eventually, even if Paul Cox remains in charge, will disappear into obscurity in the way Droylesden have and North Ferriby will.

I cannot understand a manager of Paul Cox's standing who has recenly been linked with Port Vale and Hartlepool going to what is basically a village team. It will be interesting to see how long he stays there ......
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

tomogull wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 21:19 A shithole ~ what justification do have for describing either the town or the football club as that?

Have you been there ~ if so; what did you find that I haven't noticed to draw that conclusion? Or is it because they 'haven't seen a beach'?
Okay - perhaps a rather harsh description. No - I've never been there. But the football club is part-time, usual gates of about 700/800 and a ground that looks depressing - under cover on one side only? It's basically a suburb of Leeds and eventually, even if Paul Cox remains in charge, will disappear into obscurity in the way Droylesden have and North Ferriby will.

I cannot understand a manager of Paul Cox's standing who has recenly been linked with Port Vale and Hartlepool going to what is basically a village team. It will be interesting to see how long he stays there ......
[/quote]

I can see your points tomo. Guiseley is not on my top 50,000 places i'd wish to live in the UK but i've seen worse. Luton is a bonafide shithole. Accrington also falls into that category without dispute. Doncaster also having been born and brought up there i can vouch. There are others.

They are a small club and i think they manage themselves admirably. IMO their squad on paper is much better than the one down at TQ1.

I also cannot see why Cox would plump for Guiseley with all due respect to them but on the flipside I can see totally why he wouldn't want to return to Torquay.

It will be interesting to find out what happens now but on the basis that they are a well run club looking to progress gradually, have Cox at the helm and have a decent squad then one thing is for certain, they will finish above Torquay this season. Whether it will be enough to keep them up i don't know.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Grimsby and Cleethorpes. Shitholes. Oh and Skegness, Rhyl and Fleetwood.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 20:51 Justin Edinburgh - great choice!

Win rate at Northampton - 24% - 6% lower than Nicho's

Sign him up now - the quicker we are in the southern league the better - put us all out of our misery.
Win rate at Northampton not good, but he led Newport, hardly a fashionable side, out of the National League with a win rate of 41% and he had a similar win rate when he moved from Newport to Gillingham. My preference is Richard Money or Ronnie Moore but as the club stands at present, I think we are very limited for choice. i am told by 'someone who claims to be in the know' that Chris Todd is stiil in the frame. I don't know if this is genuine or if it's guess work. All will no doubt be revealed .......... eventually.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

[font=Comic Sans MS]ok merse I was wrong but in that message i saw it looked like you sent it , i think you messed up in the quote reply thing. It's only my opinion but guisely is very nice part of leeds , ok everyone who says it's not a part of leeds but it's a little town on outskirts. Like saying Dartmouth is a shit hole[/font]
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Has somebody seriously mentioned Edinburgh no thank you when he came to Northampton I thought it was a good appointment but dear god he bloody awful no tactical awareness he has signed lots of rubbish players on a decent budget definitely not Edinburgh please.