Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Don't worry View1, Campbell would rather manage Buckland than this shower. As for Todd, might have well have just keep Nicholson.

However if you think Todd has more contacts than Campbell think again and as for working under tight budgets, if you think working as assistant coach for Trinidad and Tobago is salubrious think again. If you think Todd is the man then all I can say is you must be easy to please.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 04 Sep 2017, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

I'm sure he would, and I don't want Todd either but I'm gearing myself up for such an appointment.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 18:46 A shithole ~ what justification do have for describing either the town or the football club as that?

Have you been there ~ if so; what did you find that I haven't noticed to draw that conclusion? Or is it because they 'haven't seen a beach'?
Merse that is rubbish...i live very close and your wide of the mark there. Total nonsense and if you want reasons I will simply give them

Come on merse everyone is entitled to their opinion....
it's not mine as I've always found it quite nice - however on the three occasions I've watched TUFC there, they have of course lost all three!!!!! Doh!
[/quote]
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

I'm sure Merse does not mean it literally, although I could be wrong - it just does seem a strange appointment for a manager of his standing to end up with what is basically a 'village team'.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:08 Don't worry View1, Campbell would rather manage Buckland than this shower. As for Todd, might have well have just keep Nicholson.

However if you think Todd has more contacts than Campbell think again and as for working under tight budgets, if you think working as assistant coach for Trinidad and Tobago is salubrious think again. If you think Todd is the man then all I can say is you must be easy to please.
How do you know Campbell has relevant contacts? Spent his entire career in the Premier League so can't see he would know anyone outside that bubble.

We need someone with contacts at this level and the levels either side as that is where we would be looking to recruit from.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Harrop is lining up the managers, like it's a knock out and it could be he's going to have to play his joker.
as all the possible candidates are being snapped up.

The only name in the hat that was broadcast on the radio on Saturday is Kevin Davis that would make me think yes
he could do it. He might play plus he would have contacts north and south. :-D

If there is no money appoint, the best non-league manager in the area as the club needs to sort the
managers job out as there is no leader in the club and this proves it.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:19 I'm sure Merse does not mean it literally, although I could be wrong - it just does seem a strange appointment for a manager of his standing to end up with what is basically a 'village team'.
They may be akin to a 'village team' but I've had a few dealings with those at Guiseley as I am currently writing a book about football fans with disabilities, mental health issues and autistic spectrum disorders.

I had an almost instant email response and very helpful conversations with the liason lady there. She did explain the limitations of the football club obviously being such a small set up with minimal resources but they do whatever they can if you ask.

Torquay meanwhile failed to even respond to my email. (I contacted all 92 clubs and all NL clubs too).

So maybe Guiseley is a really friendly well run club and Cox felt he wouldn't be treated like a Muppet there like he was and would have done at Torquay.

The sad state of affairs is that Torquay could and should learn one or two things from Guiseley about how to conduct themselves.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

See, this just feels like they wanted to sack KN at the end of the season, this whole appointment process is the way you would run it in the OFF season. During the season, you don't have time to invite applications; you've made the decision, you should have a clear candidate in mind with a few backups. You approach, interview, thrash it out. That takes a day or two maximum. If unsuccessful, you move on to the next candidate.

In Alex Ferguson's autobiography, he said that the scouting system maintained a constant list of names of players who could replace any given position in the squad if they lost that player. I have played in several decent bands and have always kept a discreet list of musicians to plug gaps should someone quit, so the show can go on.

Is it too much to suggest that a professional football club should do something similar? It sounds a little sanguine, but I'd rather that than this sodding circus.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

If GI appointed someone like Sol Campbell it would bring a huge amount of attention on the club, making it harder for them to get up to any shenanigans.

He's not the sort to keep quiet if things were happening in the background to make his job even harder and unlike Nicho they wouldn't be able to gag him with money as he doesn't need it.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:32 They may be akin to a 'village team' but I've had a few dealings with those at Guiseley as I am currently writing a book about football fans with disabilities, mental health issues and autistic

I had an almost instant email response and very helpful conversations with the liason lady there. She did explain the limitations of the football club obviously being such a small set up with minimal resources but they do whatever they can if you ask.

Torquay meanwhile failed to even respond to my email. (I contacted all 92 clubs and all NL clubs too).

So maybe Guiseley is a really friendly well run club and Cox felt he wouldn't be treated like a Muppet there like he was and would have done at Torquay.

The sad state of affairs is that Torquay could and should learn one or two things from Guiseley about how to conduct themselves.
Didn't know that yorkie ...its not a shit hole.. .far from it..
Merse it's not a shit hole its a nice town in west Yorkshire
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 19:32 They may be akin to a 'village team' but I've had a few dealings with those at Guiseley as I am currently writing a book about football fans with disabilities, mental health issues and autistic spectrum disorders.

:goodpost:

You make a good case, I can remember when Torquay had all the attributes of being viewed as a really friendly well run club - how times have changed, now we are just a laughing stock.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I wonder if there is a way to report our concerns to the National League...surely there are some raised eyebrows amongst the powers that be with regards to the length of time taken to replace our manager, especially given our predicament at the bottom of the league?
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

danjgregory wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 20:04 I wonder if there is a way to report our concerns to the National League...surely there are some raised eyebrows amongst the powers that be with regards to the length of time taken to replace our manager, especially given our predicament at the bottom of the league?
I do wonder whether anybody at the club follows the forum(s) It really is p!ss poor that we are still waiting. I have said this before, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this isn't resolved before the weekend!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I can see Harrop taking over saying nobody wanted the job.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Maybe Justin Edinburgh has been the late applicant after leaving Northampton recommended by Kelvin Thomas?!