Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I am hoping it will be Money, reading about his managerial career on Wiki I had not realised it was so impressive
Think he is what we need
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Now that I know Micky Adams is not in the hat - I have to say I would be pleased to see Richard Money at the helm.

Even if the ex-premier player is high calibre I believe that it is proven managerial experience that we need right now. Taking a gamble on a former premier league player could swing either way but it perhaps it is too risky for what the club needs right now?

...unless of course the mystery man happens to be Ryan Giggs or Alan Shearer, in which case I eat my words!!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

danjgregory wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 12:42 Now that I know Micky Adams is not in the hat - I have to say I would be pleased to see Richard Money at the helm.

Even if the ex-premier player is high calibre I believe that it is proven managerial experience that we need right now. Taking a gamble on a former premier league player could swing either way but it perhaps it is too risky for what the club needs right now?

...unless of course the mystery man happens to be Ryan Giggs or Alan Shearer, in which case I eat my words!!
Don't think I would want Shearer and not overly keen on Giggs either, yes he has contacts in the likes of Bruce that he may be able to loan players from but a career entirely in the Premier League, what does he know about non-league football and footballers? A Neville on the other hand I would be happier with.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

I just phoned the club because I am getting very p!ssed off at the lack of information being relayed to the fans. There will be no appointment today; "every managerial search is unique" was what I was told!! I'm not entirely sure who I spoke to, other than to say he was male and I would suggest not just admin staff!!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Giggs could probably strap his boots back on still kill it in the NL though...! What he does not know about the NL, he makes up for in direct exposure to one of the best football managers of all time.

Leadership cares not of rank, it's the ability to transform a vision into a reality through people...

We need someone who can inspire transformation

I do concede that even if those were the names on offer, I'd still probably take an experienced manager right now - my money is on Money!

Finally - re: conversation with the club...sounds like a classic case of decision fear!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

danjgregory wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 12:42 Now that I know Micky Adams is not in the hat - I have to say I would be pleased to see Richard Money at the helm.

More likely Dion Dublin.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arcadia wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 14:25 More likely Dion Dublin.
I can confirm that he was in Torquay last week.

....he was filming for the BBC show Homes Under The Hammer in which he is a presenter.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

timmax wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 15:14 Harrop keeps on saying this and that but I think it is all tosh. Win Saturday and perfect timing to announce Herrera as the boss.
I wonder if anybody else has found the flaw in your assumption here...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

happytorq wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 14:30 I wonder if anybody else has found the flaw in your assumption here...

You could be right but I don't think he's the right person as his idea's do not work and he was a silent number two.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Interesting comments on the Football Conference website from Geoff Harrop about the process of appointing a new manager. He 'questions what we have here' in terms of the type of player currently at TUFC.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/gul ... sion-39213
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

budegull1954 wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 17:55 Interesting comments on the Football Conference website from Geoff Harrop about the process of appointing a new manager. He 'questions what we have here' in terms of the type of player currently at TUFC.

The type of player we have here at Torquay is crap ones. Over the hill, injury prone, disinterested, and ...crap.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I feel a lot better having read that! No need to panic then?
Let's all sit back and see what happens after tomorrow and the next day...and the next day...
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

budegull1954 wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 17:55 Interesting comments on the Football Conference website from Geoff Harrop about the process of appointing a new manager. He 'questions what we have here' in terms of the type of player currently at TUFC.

That article is is on the official website.... No sense of urgency despite having lost six on the spin. Words almost fail me!!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

SatNav wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:30 That article is is on the official website.... No sense of urgency despite having lost six on the spin. Words almost fail me!!!
You never know it may be all sorted tomorrow. :)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Don't worry their having a raffle before the game to be manager for the day, you get to pick the team and tactics. You could win it SatNav as you may know the way to goal